GDT: #4 - 10/14/14 | New York Islanders @ New York Rangers | 7:00 PM - MSG (See post #170)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vickers8

Very disappointed in millers start. Felt like he was an important part to this season. Regarding fast I guess I don't see what everyone else sees. The guy is not a top 6 forward and gets lost on a "grinding" 4th line. Responsible defensively but brings nothing else. Hope I'm wrong in the long run.

Fast is small and not strong

Trueufc

Mar 17, 2012
Dont like that last seasons topscorer at New York, Zucc are playing with Hagelin and Hayes.
Dont feel that AV are giving him the respect and linemates he's deserving.
Its rather difficult for a creative guy like Zucc to shine with those two guys.
Let him play with someone that can take care of hos playmaking skils.
Zucc are top six at this team

Vickers8

Yeah what is this, his third "wake up call"? I'm glad hayes is in he just reminds me of a Joe Thornton lite with his hands and vision. Hope he can pop up on the score sheet.

Miller has shown nothing thus far, 10 points in 60 games

Nanaki

Mar 29, 2008
Danbury, CT
It's pretty hard to be optimistic after last game. That **** was just depressing. The Islanders are going to come at us hard, like Columbus hard. Kostka on the second pair is worrying me... I think Tony D is going to have a coming out party potting two goals tonight. 4-3 otl.

Vickers8

It's pretty hard to be optimistic after last game. That **** was just depressing. The Islanders are going to come at us hard, like Columbus hard. Kostka on the second pair is worrying me... I think Tony D is going to have a coming out party potting two goals tonight. 4-3 otl.

Don't get why they won't try Mcilrath

Ex Officer Friendly

Got Nothin To Say
Apr 27, 2012
New York, NY
Miller has shown nothing thus far, 10 points in 60 games

And remember when Chris Kreider was under a .5 point per game in the AHL... I think its a little premature to give up on JT Miller right now... may not be a top 6 guy or it may just take time to come into himself

Kreider also only had 3 points in 23 NHL games that season

Vickers8

And remember when Chris Kreider was under a .5 point per game in the AHL... I think its a little premature to give up on JT Miller right now... may not be a top 6 guy or it may just take time to come into himself

Not saying he is finished but theres no comparison with Kreids who is faster, stronger and more skilled

Nanaki

Mar 29, 2008
Danbury, CT
At least one breakaway coming for him and Duke, have to deposit them

I think Duclair would benefit by just simplifying his breakaway attempts and just shooting rather than trying to make 150 dekes and losing the puck :laugh: . Between him and Kreider they are both basically guaranteed at least 2 breakaways a game.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014

Feel like he has the tools so it will probably just take time. Lets hope he has the positive attitude and work ethic to progress

Vickers8

I think Duclair would benefit by just simplifying his breakaway attempts and just shooting rather than trying to make 150 dekes and losing the puck :laugh: . Between him and Kreider they are both basically guaranteed at least 2 breakaways a game.

They have to bury them

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004

Yeah he really needed to shoot that breakaway attempt he had the other game but oh well. Hopefully he keeps getting looks and keeps shooting the puck. What I like is that he's fast with the puck...some guys are fast skating straight ahead but slow up when they have the puck, but Duclair can accelerate and blow by people with the puck on his stick

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Because he sucks.

Tough to be a good defenseman in today's nhl if you don't have good skating ability.
Seems like he just doesn't have it. Nothing more than I would like to see then to have a Jeff Beukeboom type defenseman on this team to punish opposing forwards.

Vickers8

Yeah he really needed to shoot that breakaway attempt he had the other game but oh well. Hopefully he keeps getting looks and keeps shooting the puck. What I like is that he's fast with the puck...some guys are fast skating straight ahead but slow up when they have the puck, but Duclair can accelerate and blow by people with the puck on his stick

Like to see more of the the long stretch pass up the boards to the two of them to free them up

Wolfy*

Dont like that last seasons topscorer at New York, Zucc are playing with Hagelin and Hayes.
Dont feel that AV are giving him the respect and linemates he's deserving.
Its rather difficult for a creative guy like Zucc to shine with those two guys.
Let him play with someone that can take care of hos playmaking skils.
Zucc are top six at this team

Your first post after 2.5 years, well now you're in ;)

Zucc is a little banged up, and Brass is rusty. So it's okay to split them up for a while. Zucc will also help Hayes, and Hags is his buddy. I believe it has little to do with lack of respect.

Ex Officer Friendly

Got Nothin To Say
Apr 27, 2012
New York, NY
Not saying he is finished but theres no comparison with Kreids who is faster, stronger and more skilled

The only comparison is that if Kreids is bigger, stronger, and more skilled he should have torn up the AHL and had better then 3 points in 23 games in the NHL which even at that rate is very similar to the 10 points for Miller in 60 games.

Feel like he has the tools so it will probably just take time. Lets hope he has the positive attitude and work ethic to progress

Not picking a fight with ya Mio just saying, but i just think its a lil shocking to see people giving up on him so quickly lets hope that like Kreider he has a good off season and comes back and simplifies his game and takes off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad