GDT: #4 - 01/22/21 | RANGERS @ penguins | 7:00 - MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daves a mess

Jan 8, 2014
Wow some of our young guys really looked good tonight. Chytil, kakko and miller were all fantastic.

Strome is beyond useless.

Agree with everything except the fact that even though it wasn't his best game, Panarin could of EASILY had 4 assists and was the only one in the shootout that owned them in the shootout.

kreiders contract will become an anchor in about a year. I never liked him and always thought he was overrated. Takes too many games off.

zbad clearly is not 100%

panarin looks unmotivated

Waivers

Sep 27, 2013
NY
David Quinn, with the arsenal you have, you got some nerve putting DeAngelo out there.

PDG played great. If he continues with that consistency, I could see him being a fixture on this team. He will be a cheap Jesper Fast.

Miller is poised and has some confidence to make some unusual plays to get him out of trouble. He is quiet but creative.

Fox is Fox, the shoulder drop, no look stuff is straight nasty.

Panarin looked uncomfortable tonight with the puck.

Reactions: RiffyNYR61

Chalfdiggity3

Feb 4, 2010
NJ
Kreider with an absolutely unforgivable shift on the tying goal against. Poor dump in, cant win the puck battle, then goes to the same man Johnson has and leaves the D Man wide open. Such a braindead play.

But but.. He has hockey sense lol.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
I know people wanna win and care about their points but I can't muster a single ounce of f*** to give about shootouts. It's approaching the point where I'm gonna just turn it off after the 3v3.

We still should have gotten two points regardless, but also lots to like in this game.

Strome gives me hives, Johnson gives the hives hives, and Quinn gives the hives ice time. All of these clowns will be gone eventually.

The top forwards sucked again. This too shall pass.
The Rangers are just one year away from cutting the dead weight. This time next year Johnson and Strome aren't going to be on the team. Johnson's spot will be filled from within by one of the young defensemen and Strome's replacement will be acquired via trade, while keeping Chytil.

If those two are shot into the sun we're in business, but we're stuck with them this year.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
This game didn't really make me mad, it was more annoying than anger inducing.

We've well passed the point where Strome is hurting them out there. I get that there isn't really anywhere to put him 5v5 but taking him off of PP1 would be a good start.

Reactions: Raspewtin

Richard Banger

Mamba Mentality
Sep 29, 2017
Was Oklahoma now Texas
It’s a dumb and bad point. You’re wrong about Hank so you start talking about Jaromir f***ing Jagr who apparently is relevant in a conversation about goalie ability in shoutouts
I used Jagr as a example of a great player who 1. Hated the shootouts and 2. Was horrible in them. You were talking shit on shesty for the shootout while ignoring the whole game lmao. You cherry pick everything to try and validate your point which again is wrong. Igor was good tonight. What happen in the shootout is irrelevant because it’s a f***ing skill competition and is why it is in such a huge debate of getting rid of the shootout

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
For sure people reading that are gonna say yeah look ADA sucks just as much as Johnson instead of the reality it's like 90/10 JJ's fault.
It’s crazy. DeAngelo’s defensive game is average, and when you pair him with someone who might be the worst defenseman in the league, is it really surprising? Smh Quinn...

Reactions: bl02

Fataldogg

Mar 22, 2007
Shoot outs are tedious. Either have sudden death OT (which shouldn’t take long anyway) or end at a tie.

I dont like shootouts, but they could be the difference in making the post season. Need to do well when in that position. Even if it becomes a ridiculous all star competition.

Reactions: CasusBelli

Taswell

Oct 4, 2017
How long of a leash does Quinn get this season?

With Shesterkin, Lafreniere, a 2nd year from Kakko, Fox, etc we should see improvement this year. How bad of a start do we need for him to get canned?

I'd imagine quite a long leash. It's a weird season schedule wise/inevitable Covid roster problems. Plus the lack of fans/not having to worry about ticket sales will probably give coaches a longer leash for the season.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
How long of a leash does Quinn get this season?

With Shesterkin, Lafreniere, a 2nd year from Kakko, Fox, etc we should see improvement this year. How bad of a start do we need for him to get canned?
His seat doesn't get hot until next year if the Rangers start slow, I think. Even if it should already be getting hot.

Reactions: Daves a mess

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
K’Andre, Chytil and Kakko were all great.

Strome, JJ and Quinn should all go f*** off to somewhere else.

The JJ experiment is particularly egregious because all evidence showed this was going to happen. He has sucked the last few years and guess what we signed him and shocker, he sucks.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I mean, I know people aren't going to want to hear it, but when Lundqvist let up deflections critics would say "so what, deflections can't be stopped!?"

The Lindgren gaffe isn't on Shesterkin at all. Third goal he misread the bounce of the boards and was caught out of position.

The shootout goals were great, but again, if it was Lundqvist, fans would say where is the save?

The fact is he has been billed as the superior successor to a goalie who won 459 games. Those are massive expectations. You need results to match those.

I don't think anyone called him a superior goalie to Lundqvist. But take a look at Lundqvist's sophomore season's first month he was awful. I remember people getting on Hank's deflections usually when he had a stretch of bad games and some posters would pretend that he was still perfect. It was usually accumulated frustration. And there are different types of deflections, some you can save and some you can't. That one was close to unsavable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad