GDT: #4 - 01/22/21 | RANGERS @ penguins | 7:00 - MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fataldogg

Mar 22, 2007
How was he supposed to stop a perfect deflection, his D-man putting one in to his own net, and a freak bounce off the boards? I guess he could have done better in the shootout.

I mean, I know people aren't going to want to hear it, but when Lundqvist let up deflections critics would say "so what, deflections can't be stopped!?"

The Lindgren gaffe isn't on Shesterkin at all. Third goal he misread the bounce of the boards and was caught out of position.

The shootout goals were great, but again, if it was Lundqvist, fans would say where is the save?

The fact is he has been billed as the superior successor to a goalie who won 459 games. Those are massive expectations. You need results to match those.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I know people wanna win and care about their points but I can't muster a single ounce of f*** to give about shootouts. It's approaching the point where I'm gonna just turn it off after the 3v3.

We still should have gotten two points regardless, but also lots to like in this game.

Strome gives me hives, Johnson gives the hives hives, and Quinn gives the hives ice time. All of these clowns will be gone eventually.

The top forwards sucked again. This too shall pass.

ColonialsHockey10

Jul 22, 2007
Kreider with an absolutely unforgivable shift on the tying goal against. Poor dump in, cant win the puck battle, then goes to the same man Johnson has and leaves the D Man wide open. Such a braindead play.

~why isn’t he captain yet??~

Avery16

Shake my hand, fatso
Jun 28, 2015
Brooklyn
No keep going. You know the point I was making but you don’t want to get into because I’ll f***ing embarrass you.
It’s a dumb and bad point. You’re wrong about Hank so you start talking about Jaromir f***ing Jagr who apparently is relevant in a conversation about goalie ability in shoutouts

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Where's Mika this season? He wasn't going to score at a 60 goal pace this year but he's been largely garbage. I've been defending his ass as an elite player on the main board and he's making me look bad.

Reactions: Taswell

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
His last 5 season he was dog shit. Which is fine. I will never understand why people Get so worked up in shootouts. It’s not hockey lol
Eh he wasn’t dog shit but he wasn’t great either. The first decade of his career though he was basically an automatic win in the shootout though so defining him as horrible in shootouts based on the last few years of his career seems unfair.

I agree on the shootout in general thought we all get mad bc if how valuable this stupid skills drill is. A few shootout wins can be the difference between making the playoffs and not.

Reactions: Richard Banger

Fataldogg

Mar 22, 2007
How long of a leash does Quinn get this season?

With Shesterkin, Lafreniere, a 2nd year from Kakko, Fox, etc we should see improvement this year. How bad of a start do we need for him to get canned?

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
I know people wanna win and care about their points but I can't muster a single ounce of f*** to give about shootouts. It's approaching the point where I'm gonna just turn it off after the 3v3.

We still should have gotten two points regardless, but also lots to like in this game.

Strome gives me hives, Johnson gives the hives hives, and Quinn gives the hives ice time. All of these clowns will be gone eventually.

The top forwards sucked again. This too shall pass.
Shoot outs are tedious. Either have sudden death OT (which shouldn’t take long anyway) or end at a tie.

Reactions: Machinehead

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
Are people seriously crapping on Lindgren, he's been one of our best dmen this year that had a bad break tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad