GDT: #4 - 01/22/21 | RANGERS @ penguins | 7:00 - MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
I get we need the points and all that but honestly I’m not that upset with the start so far. Dominated the devils snd lost with some bad luck, outplayed the pens tonight to a lesser extent and still lost due to very bad luck. I’d rather that than stacking up lucky points while getting caved in.

The kids look good for the most part. Laf needs to get one and then I think he’ll open up. Miller is a revelation. Kakko looks noticeably better. Chytil looks excellent.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Man we watched Lafreniere "embarrass" K'Andre in the WJC that one play but absolutely no one has embarrassed K'Andre so far in the NHL. Losing this game purely sucks! But Seeing this kid play using his stick and decision making against the likes of Crosby was really a breath of fresh air.

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
This is my problem too. Kreider, Zibanejad, Strome and more importantly Panarin arent helping at all. Lafreniere needs those guys to help him get adjusted and they are hanging him out to dry. The bottom 6 and Buch were doing the work tonight.
Strome and Panarin, together, are colder than the polar vortex right now. They need to be split up. They are playing an exclusively east-west, fancy passing game. Split up, at least Panarin has the hockey IQ to pull up his big boy pants and his play will be better

Reactions: Rongomania

The New Russian Five

May 27, 2019
What bothers me is the play of the veterans.

We have reached the point where the kids are consistently out-playing too many of the leaders.
Could the fact that none of the veterans are ever held accountable be a factor? When one of the young guys do not play well, they get moved down the lineup. The vets on the other hand never get punished for bad play. It isn't a wonder why the young guys seem more motivated to work their butts off.

Reactions: Chalfdiggity3

Mandar

The Real Maven
Sep 27, 2013
The Tarheel State
Everyone is blaming Lindgren and Shesterkin, but honestly it's the fact that JJ continues to find himself in the lineup. The guy is a possession black hole. How he stays in the lineup above Smith is beyond me.
Comical. The stats sited both ADA AND JJ....yet you neglected to mention one of the two. Of course JJ is a black hole....but ADA shares the blame. Or are we going with the silly “JJ brings him down” thingy....

Reactions: bl02

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
Saying its average is generous, he spends almost as much time on the left side of the ice as the right, him and Johnson isnt ideal at all, but he needs to figure out his own part in this as well. It might be time to put Lindgren with him and let smith and trouba play and miller and Fox.
I don’t know. He’s never had a consistently good partner, and may feel like he has to cover for them (first Staal, then Johnson).

Reactions: Ori
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad