GDT: #4 - 01/22/21 | RANGERS @ penguins | 7:00 - MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
Don’t really care about the loss. The wins will come. Again, even if we miss the playoffs, not really a big deal. I’ll take the lottery pick and be very happy; maybe we can trade up for a top 6 center.

Felt like the Chytil-Kakko line did some good things. Now to see Lafreniere get some traction would be terribly reassuring.

Reactions: haveandare

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
This game didn't really make me mad, it was more annoying than anger inducing.

We've well passed the point where Strome is hurting them out there. I get that there isn't really anywhere to put him 5v5 but taking him off of PP1 would be a good start.

4th line. Howden deserves a shot with Panarin. Yes, I said it. But Panarin and Strome are playing a strictly E - W game with zero jam.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
It’s crazy. DeAngelo’s defensive game is average, and when you pair him with someone who might be the worst defenseman in the league, is it really surprising? Smh Quinn...

Saying its average is generous, he spends almost as much time on the left side of the ice as the right, him and Johnson isnt ideal at all, but he needs to figure out his own part in this as well. It might be time to put Lindgren with him and let smith and trouba play and miller and Fox.

Reactions: Chalfdiggity3

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Quinn must be creaming his jeans about DiGiuessipe

I’m sure he’ll be playing up with Strome and Panarin soon enough. Need to find someone to take Jesper “Jesus Christ Reincarnated” Fast’s spot

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
What bothers me is the play of the veterans.

We have reached the point where the kids are consistently out-playing too many of the leaders.

Reactions: Sayba

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
Whose the Consensus #1 pick this year?

With Quinn coaching this team, we are easily in the top 10 again.

Lotta D up for discussion, but it looks to be Owen Power. The name is right.

Looks to be couple of great young C options in the top 15. Top 3 I suppose are Aatu Räty, Beniers and Kent Johnson atm.

Chalfdiggity3

Feb 4, 2010
NJ
Smith wasn’t saving this one

Um he would have atleast kept up with Rust on the first goal and prob would have pushed him out of the way instead of allowing another deflection. Every time Johnson is on the ice it is noticeable bc of how bad he is. atleast Smith can play some defense

Reactions: LeetchisGod

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
David Quinn, with the arsenal you have, you got some nerve putting DeAngelo out there.

PDG played great. If he continues with that consistency, I could see him being a fixture on this team. He will be a cheap Jesper Fast.

Miller is poised and has some confidence to make some unusual plays to get him out of trouble. He is quiet but creative.

Fox is Fox, the shoulder drop, no look stuff is straight nasty.

Panarin looked uncomfortable tonight with the puck.

He scored 3/3 in a row in shootouts what are you talking about?

Reactions: Avery16

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016

We have reached the point where the kids are consistently out-playing too many of the leaders.

This is my problem too. Kreider, Zibanejad, Strome and more importantly Panarin arent helping at all. Lafreniere needs those guys to help him get adjusted and they are hanging him out to dry. The bottom 6 and Buch were doing the work tonight.

Reactions: will1066

Avery16

Shake my hand, fatso
Jun 28, 2015
Brooklyn
Um he would have atleast kept up with Rust on the first goal and prob would have pushed him out of the way instead of allowing another deflection. Every time Johnson is on the ice it is noticeable bc of how bad he is. atleast Smith can play some defense
JJ is skill-less but Smith is boneheaded. Tough to say how the puck bounces coming to either. Sure, I'd prefer Smith to JJ, but no I don't see tonight going any measurable amount better.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007

To be fair to Zibanejad there's no way he's 100%. Kreider too. Something's nagging him. Panarin is playing like he did nothing but drink Grey Goose for 6 months and came into camp really out of shape. He will get better as the season goes on, I think. Trouba is what we see now. Not bad, but makes some really terrible gaffes at bad times. Strome and Johnson are terrible, so I would hope that the kids outplay them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad