Post-Game Talk: #39: FLYERS at Predators, Tuesday, Jan. 1, 2019, 8:30 pm ET

Outlaw Samurai

FROST WARNING in effect
Jun 24, 2018
Ottawa
Fletcher walking by the locker room: hears music playing.
Walks in on Farmer dancing on a table and Torgo waving a towel at him.

Fletcher: turns off music with a hockey stick. Is losing fun......

Farmer: No

Fletcher: Then what are you having fun for.....

Fletcher: this is what losing sounds like :nono:

Fletcher: Throws Gatorade cooler and a bunch of hockey sticks across the room then flips a table over.

835A640C-1FA3-424B-BA11-551B29FA525D-5263-0000030FB6EB630E.gif

Outlaw Samurai

FROST WARNING in effect
Jun 24, 2018
Ottawa
I came here to say amac once again wondering around instead manning guys infront of the net. I really don’t like that guy.

Going 29-9-5 ain’t happening to the jets let alone the flyers. Only hope is G goes to IR for back fatigue. Things happen slower than they should do we did get Hak fired. Hextall got fired. Hart comes up. Sanhiem plays more. It’s clear Gordon is a mini Hak in a lot of ways. Let’s just hope for the best:

Myers up
Amac down
NAK up
Weise down
Lindblom to the second line
Hart plays great
Provy returns
Simmonds traded for Kapanen
Jake traded for a sniper
Sign Panarin
Sign Q

Giroux: "I'VE HAD IT!!!!!TAKE THIS MINI-HAK!"

IMG_0221.GIF

FlyersMania2

#FireHakstol
Jul 4, 2007
NJ
So after watching part of the NYE game, I stopped watching then last night had no desire to tune in which means things didn't really change. I am back to not being interested in watching hockey. I was never this uninterested in all the years of being a fan. This is no good all around. Eff Fletcher who isn't putting ALL the kids in. No reason to inflict further pain by allowing AMac to be on this roster night after night.

ItMe

Jan 4, 2017
Giroux, Voracek, and Simmonds have to go at this point. All good players, they just can't put it together. Trade them and start an actual rebuild.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
So after watching part of the NYE game, I stopped watching then last night had no desire to tune in which means things didn't really change. I am back to not being interested in watching hockey. I was never this uninterested in all the years of being a fan. This is no good all around. Eff Fletcher who isn't putting ALL the kids in. No reason to inflict further pain by allowing AMac to be on this roster night after night.
Yea I’m over it as well. Genuinely not interested. I’m at the stage that I will pay the season ticket renewal deposit and see what happens in the offseason or later this year. If for example Myers is not called up at all that’s a major RED FLAG!

Les Averman

Mar 3, 2015
Pittsburgh, PA
Turned on the game last night in the 2nd period right as the Preds scored their 2nd goal. Watched the score a bit later to see if it would be worth turning on but went to 3-0 and I gave up. This morning, I literally couldn't even make it through the 1st period of the condensed highlights. Got bored and turned it off, knowing that we were going to lose 4-0.

They need a serious shake up. As others have said, Simmer needs to go while you can maybe get something for him. Wouldn't be opposed to trying to find a suiter for Jake around the draft either but I'd be very careful about what I dealt him for.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I bailed at the start of the 2nd intermission to go have "relations" with the wife.

I was in no hurry to get back to watch the 3rd period.

:laugh:

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Turned on the game last night in the 2nd period right as the Preds scored their 2nd goal. Watched the score a bit later to see if it would be worth turning on but went to 3-0 and I gave up. This morning, I literally couldn't even make it through the 1st period of the condensed highlights. Got bored and turned it off, knowing that we were going to lose 4-0.

They need a serious shake up. As others have said, Simmer needs to go while you can maybe get something for him. Wouldn't be opposed to trying to find a suiter for Jake around the draft either but I'd be very careful about what I dealt him for.

Why even be careful? If we just about started over, would it be that bad?

G, Patrick, Frost, Couts, TK, Lindblom, JVR, Provy, Ghost, Sanhiem, Myers, Morin, Hart. Plus a likely top 10 draft pick this year. Plus a lot of other good prospects. If we traded Jake and simmer for nothing we are in good shape. Of course, real world if we get a 3rd for both you aren’t going to do it. But within in reason, pull the trigger on these two.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Roy Batty

Oct 19, 2018
southern ontario
Trade Simmonds now for whatever you can get...maybe a bag of pucks....bring up some young'uns from AHL,,,send Hart back, don't destroy him this early in his career. Mac has to go, please.....Bring in a real coach....Give
Giroux the rest of this lost season off, we'll need him rested next year. :popcorn:

Reactions: bennysflyers16

SuchySays

Jun 25, 2012
Poconos
Giroux, Voracek, and Simmonds have to go at this point. All good players, they just can't put it together. Trade them and start an actual rebuild.

Simmonds for sure.. Voracek maybe, probably not.. But, Giroux? come on now, that really makes no sense. This team is f***ed without him.. the rebuild would go on for 15 years if we trade Giroux. makes no sense.

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
Could it be that our speed and creativity are "low?" Nashville's wingers buzz into the zone; we have JVR and Simmonds standing at the blue line and flipping the puck in flatfooted.
Different eras and all that jazz, but I find it amazing how players can look slower and more timid on zone entry today, than the mid/late-90s when clutching and grabbing were the norm and the two-line pass slowed offenses down. The dump and chase was a bread and butter move, first guy on the defender, second guy on the puck, and the Flyers did it amazingly well. LeClair takes the body, someone else scoops the puck up. By the 3rd period, defensemen are just letting the puck sit there getting short arms anticipating getting hit again, or just avoiding the puck.

JVR was never that player, so yeah. TK is willing, Weise should be, Simmonds should be, Laughton can be, Voracek (different all together), argh, so frustrating.

wasup

Mar 21, 2018
And when Morin comes back, play him as a regular. Sadly we all know they will choose Farmer over him
When Morin comes back shift him in here and there and don't judge him if his play is not great . You do not come back from that type of injury
rock and rolling , some come back earlier but some it lingers for quite a while . Next year after a summer a training and extra healing time you can play him regular to see what he can do but don't put him in there full bore right away and have him struggle or some idiots on here will be calling bust and wanting his head .

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
Different eras and all that jazz, but I find it amazing how players can look slower and more timid on zone entry today, than the mid/late-90s when clutching and grabbing were the norm and the two-line pass slowed offenses down. The dump and chase was a bread and butter move, first guy on the defender, second guy on the puck, and the Flyers did it amazingly well. LeClair takes the body, someone else scoops the puck up. By the 3rd period, defensemen are just letting the puck sit there getting short arms anticipating getting hit again, or just avoiding the puck.

JVR was never that player, so yeah. TK is willing, Weise should be, Simmonds should be, Laughton can be, Voracek (different all together), argh, so frustrating.

The Lindros era cycle game was legendary, you can't act like that was a normal thing that normal teams did.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
this is obviously not coaching, it’s the players. you do not trade Giroux. He’s had his chances in the playoffs. he’ll have his chances in the cellar. you don’t get off the hook bc ur good and the team stinks. F that. he’s the captain. he fights at the vanguard. he fights even if we are all going to die.

its been said. team is too slow, has no discipline, has no scoring, and crap goaltending. thank you that is all. team MUST sell at deadline and assure the tank that will net Hughes. Call everyone up, trade every lame vet even for nothing, and make sure to lose properly. If you don’t make a push for the POs, get a kid like hughes.
Wrong...
Really, has it got better since Hakstol was fired?
Or maybe those posters were right who wrote that player quality might be the bigger problem.
...and wrong.

The coaching is obviously a massive problem, but the problem is we removed the coach and replaced him with a nearly-as-bad interim coach. That's temporary so we've yet to see what this roster can do when not being f***ed over by bad decisions.

There are some roster problems, but acting as if making a switch from Hakstol->Gordon and not seeing a massive turnaround means it's the players is pure ignorance.

Giroux????

You should try watching games. :laugh:

Reactions: Here4ThaList

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
The Lindros era cycle game was legendary, you can't act like that was a normal thing that normal teams did.
Yeah, but the 3M line found a way to get Trent Klatt to 20 goals, and he turned that into a "A" in Vancouver.

The Legion of Doom was silly good, great even. The rest of the Flyers played that same style though. That was a norm up through the 2004 squad. That hard forechecking style.

We talk about a lack of identity, and seldom attach it to the culprits that are playing blasé hockey directly. TK is not boring. Simmonds is. Simmonds could/should be doing more, and that goes for too many others as well. I miss Nick Cousins. Not because he was good at hockey, but because he was interesting to watch annoy the other team. This current Flyers team could make good use of a Nick Cousins like personality. The only one to demonstrate some of that is TK, and I'd rather he be more focused on putting the puck in the net. I'm rambling, /drone.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

ItMe

Jan 4, 2017
Wrong...

...and wrong.

The coaching is obviously a massive problem, but the problem is we removed the coach and replaced him with a nearly-as-bad interim coach. That's temporary so we've yet to see what this roster can do when not being ****ed over by bad decisions.

There are some roster problems, but acting as if making a switch from Hakstol->Gordon and not seeing a massive turnaround means it's the players is pure ignorance.

Giroux????

You should try watching games. :laugh:

I'm not saying Giroux isn't good. We all know how good Giroux is, it just hasn't worked out for the team. "Can't put it together" was referring to THEM as the group, not their individual play.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I'm not saying Giroux isn't good. We all know how good Giroux is, it just hasn't worked out for the team. "Can't put it together" was referring to THEM as the group, not their individual play.
It hasn't worked out because the rest of the team doesn't help him enough... you don't fix that by removing the guy doing all the carrying.

It's like your car breaking down because of a flat tire, so you remove the engine... it makes no sense.

Philly Fanatik

"They're going home!"
Jun 24, 2017
Clarenville,NL,Canada
It hasn't worked out because the rest of the team doesn't help him enough... you don't fix that by removing the guy doing all the carrying.

It's like your car breaking down because of a flat tire, so you remove the engine... it makes no sense.
If you have a enough flat tires on that car that always puts you behind...you would think you’d get smart and get a NEW car!

Reactions: Johnk0728

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad