Post-Game Talk: #39: FLYERS at Predators, Tuesday, Jan. 1, 2019, 8:30 pm ET

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
It’s humorous watching the reactions to the coaching change not curing anything.

Reactions: fat

Flyerfan4life

Jun 9, 2010
Richmond BC, Canada
It’s humorous watching the reactions to the coaching change not curing anything.

you are aware we replaced a coach with yet another NON NHL lvl HC for the godam 3rd time in a row right ???

how about we try i dont know someones whos actualy qualified like the rest of the bloody league does.. then we can move on from this endless hell.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
If you have a enough flat tires on that car that always puts you behind...you would think you’d get smart and get a NEW car!
No, then you get better quality tires or do a better job at driving.

I don’t think you realize how badly you just proved my point. :laugh:

“Flat tire?!? Better buy a whole new car!”

Reactions: kudymen

nuclear reactor

Apr 5, 2010
I've never been more embarrassed to be a Flyers fan. They showed no effort tonight. JVR is an absolute disgrace. Giroux, TK, Provy, Sanheim. Trade any/everyone else. I'd say go ahead and trade Provorov too but I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt that this is a fluke season. The rest can **** off.

Edit: and Ghost. He stays.
The Van Useless contract is going to be an albatross, the lingering fart left behind by Hextall.

gertbfrobe16

Feb 3, 2018
they should only trade giroux if he ask to be traded. out of respect for his service. he is one of the few players, who makes others better no matter who he plays with.

wasup

Mar 21, 2018
If you have a enough flat tires on that car that always puts you behind...you would think you’d get smart and get a NEW car!
Nope all you need is new tires or stop driving on the road with all those nails on it . It's got nothing to do with the car .

Reactions: Tripod

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
you are aware we replaced a coach with yet another NON NHL lvl HC for the godam 3rd time in a row right ???

how about we try i dont know someones whos actualy qualified like the rest of the bloody league does.. then we can move on from this endless hell.
So it’s the coach again? Is it ever the players?

Reactions: Johnk0728

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
I mean... it is partially the players. As they do not have a team that is a contender in regards to construction, as:

They are missing a top 9 forward.
They are missing a starting goalie.
They have Andrew MacDonald playing 20 minutes.
They are expecting a 21 year old (who is good... but still) to be a true #1 playing maybe the hardest minutes in the league for 25 minutes a night. Minutes that virtually no player, no matter how good, has put up good stats in.
Simmonds has fell off a cliff.
Multiple other players are playing worse than last year.

But they should on paper be a play-off team regardless. But that is impossible with the net-minding they have got and the comedy special teams, and some player usage issues.

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
And again and again and again

3OPLBUt.png

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Lots of people said it in the summer.

Needed Hextall to get off his hands, and help the team: still a need
Needed a #3C(assuming G was at wing): Still a need
Needed a top 4 Dman vet: Still a need
Needed a legit #1 G: Still a need
Needed a new PK coach: Still a need
Needed a new PP coach or more creativity: Still a need
Needed a new coach...Trotz maybe?: Still a need

So can we please end this BS that most people felt firing Hak would fix everything...especially when his replacement is Gordon when most who watched the Phantoms said he was not much of an upgrade, if at all. He was just a new face to yell at. Firing Hak was 1 piece of the puzzle. You still need to hire a GOOD coach. Hextall did not go for Babcock. He did not go for Trotz. He did not go for Q.

All those above things are still out there lingering. It's on Fletch to address them now as Hextall failed to not only do so, but failed to even try.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes

So can we please end this BS that most people felt firing Hak would fix everything...especially when his replacement is Gordon when most who watched the Phantoms said he was not much of an upgrade, if at all. He was just a new face to yell at. Firing Hak was 1 piece of the puzzle. You still need to hire a GOOD coach. Hextall did not go for Babcock. He did not go for Trotz. He did not go for Q.

All those above things are still out there lingering. It's on Fletch to address them now as Hextall failed to not only do so, but failed to even try.

I can tell you don’t think in shades of gray.

Reactions: Tripod

DogwoodFLY

Jul 13, 2009
It's amazing to me just how lost this team looks. It's not just one thing it's everything. They aren't doing anything well. Last night there was a particular sequence that stood out to me. Coots got the puck near the opposing blue line and un-pressured to lost the puck stick handling when the flyers looked like they had a possible odd man situation. Thats suppose to be your 3rd best forward... who is failing to make simple stick handles under no pressure. I don't know what else I want to say to elaborate on that... this team is just purely depressing to watch right now. A lot of the issue is as it has been for years that they have anchors on both defense and offense. Right now whatever line you put Simmonds on that line is going to struggle... it's sad I remember marveling and Simmonds tenacity in winning board battles. That certainly isn't happening right now. Then you add JVR who like I pray to god he picks it up, but he's a guy where if things arent going well he sure as hell isnt going to right the ship... absoutely definition of a floater. Really frustrating too because god knows how good he could be if he came to the rink to WORK.

Id like to see the top two lines of the following:

JVR- Giroux- Neck
Lindblom-Coots-Vora (not sure who is going to shoot)

Even these I don't love, which is part of the problem, this team is just poorly constructed. In a perfect world I want to see Patrick in the top two lines a problem i think this team has is it hasn't basically said to its young players... "you know what you are a good damn player go out and do your thing." The NHL has clearly become a young mans league and while I think forcing players to develop into 2 way players is important neutering them away from the reason you drafted them is counter productive.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania

Who says he didn’t try?

By that logic Fletcher not adding a vet D, #1 goalie, or a 3C yet means he isn’t even trying either...

DogwoodFLY

Jul 13, 2009
Let me keep venting.

Targetting Voracek specifically with this post.

Voraceks break out season the thing that elevated his game was that he was a EFFING workhorse, and was willing to do unexpected plays to the net while using he puck protecting skills to complete the play.

This season, and honestly most of last season he seems to have it in his head he is a finesse player. Thats really limited his value to the team. It correlated to his defensive game... he used to be a valueable puck possession player... no longer. The wingers on the team generally have been really low effort in helping out defensively. They look timid.

wuf

Sponsor
Aug 16, 2012
Philadelphia, PA
I hate MacDonald.

You'd think after the first 3 times Fiala enters the zone fast on the left side and passes to the right side, wide open guy that we would expect it the 4th and 5th time. I'm glad Provy knocked him on his ass though towards the end.

Reactions: Rebels57

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad