GDT: #39 | A Wild Night Before a New Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I’m not keeping 4 mil in a 31 year old on the payroll when all he does is look like he is playing convincingly.

All the things people say about Bonino are 100% true about Hagelin. Dude got jumped by Scott Wilson in the depth chart in 16-17 and was a healthy scratch. 2 assists.

Then who's your winger for Malkin? Or is it not a big issue? Or is it FULLY unrelated to linemates?

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Curing is a different matter. BUT, you know how these funks happen . . . they don't come suddenly. That's where help comes in.
Not saying he doesn't need help. I don't think Hags playing how he was would have been it though. Maybe Hags would have come out of his own funk to help though, who knows. But as is, Pearson is more likely to help Geno then the version of Hags we had this year.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
@KIRK - Pixie is right. Geno didn't play w/ Hags in 16. He didn't play with Hags in 17 because Hags was hurt/benched when it counted.

So.....? Geno just has to be Geno and his line will be fine.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Geno shouldn’t need a better fit. He’s getting paid 9 mil to be a producer.

He needs to step it up and Hags was gone at the end of the year. It’s Ian Cole 2.0z
Exactly. I'm so sick of the create 'whatever' for Geno excuse. Seriously? If someone doesn't make his meals for him does he not eat and starve to death? Jeez already.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
This Malkin? I don’t think any winger on the team helps. He needs to figure this out himself. It’s not like we haven’t seen this before from Geno. 2010, 2014, 2015.

2015? 2015 Geno was the Pens best forward, until he ****** up his ankle and never full recovered. 2014? 2014 Geno had a great playoffs. Sid with the bad wrist hurt.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
@KIRK - Pixie is right. Geno didn't play w/ Hags in 16. He didn't play with Hags in 17 because Hags was hurt/benched when it counted.

You have a magic wand? Because that's where we are at . . . :laugh:

Seriously, he's never been this bad for this long. This is Vanilla Ice in his last year in Detroit territory for 10 weeks.

Reactions: ColePens

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
I like that Riikola isnt scared to shoot the puck, but hes gotta be smarter about it. No point in shooting it into players shins.

Reactions: Andy99

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010

Hagelin-Malkin-Kessel played together before Malkin's injury and HBK.

Not that I disagree with the sentiment that Malkin can and will figure it out on his own. Hagelin of all people ain't the answer.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
When he wasn’t injured he still sucked so much he got scratched.

He was a good soldier for us, but turning him into Pearson was the right move just like turning Cole into Brassard was.

His leg didn’t heal properly in the normal time frames so even though he was playing it still effected him

I get the Pearson trade. I personally wouldn’t have done it.He was a good fit here. Someone having similar production or even better production doesn’t mean we become better.

Reactions: DegenX
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad