GDT: #39 | A Wild Night Before a New Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
His leg didn’t heal properly in the normal time frames so even though he was playing it still effected him

I get the Pearson trade. I personally wouldn’t have done it.He was a good fit here. Someone having similar production or even better production doesn’t mean we become better.

Except.. we have been better since Pearson came over.

Reactions: Ogrezilla

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
My point is he’s gone through many stretches of indifference. He’ll figure it out. A winger isn’t the solution.

Never a stretch like this, which is why I wonder if in the end a new team will be.

BUT, you know I HOPE there's a magic switch somewhere.

Of course, maybe part of the issue is that he's 32, with a lot of mileage, and has taken one hell of a beating over the last 3 years. And, if it is, then I don't know how THAT gets solved, because you're asking him to do more with less than you were asking last year or the year before or the year before that.

Reactions: Bingo71

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
The refs missed some for us, but a few very easy calls for Minnesota.
I'm watching the Wild feed cause I hate those two on atnt so I'm up to date on the abundance of missed calls on the Penguins. "3rd goal should have never happened because Riikola should have been in the box for interference. "

Reactions: ColePens

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Never a stretch like this, which is why I wonder if in the end a new team will be.

Of course, maybe part of the issue is that he's 32, with a lot of mileage, and has taken one hell of a beating over the last 3 years. And, if it is, then I don't know how THAT gets solved, because you're asking him to do more with less than you were asking last year or the year before or the year before that.

I think you’re reading into it way too much.

He’s probably got a shitty injury, but can still play. Look at how you talked about Letang last year.

Carl f***ing Hagelin has nothing to do with it lol.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Hagelin-Malkin-Kessel played together before Malkin's injury and HBK.

Not that I disagree with the sentiment that Malkin can and will figure it out on his own. Hagelin of all people ain't the answer.

Why are we assuming that he 'will figure it out on his own'?

As I said, I HOPE otherwise, of course, but he's 32 and has gotten the crap kicked out of him over the last 3 seasons, and now you're asking him to make due with less.

I mean, it seems to be a double edged sword there, no . . . asking him to be what he was 4 years ago.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017

And yet, he was at two points per game the first month of the season...I don’t think it’s age...he’s just in a funk and he’s tired of having opposing players draped all over with him with no help...he can’t do it all as he could when younger...he needs some worker bee wingers who can make a pass to him

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Fake news the guy said 90 degrees. We don’t do Fahrenheit just like 96% of the countries of the world.
Well C just makes sense. I mean freezing is the identifier and that is at a simple zero. What moron came along and said, HEY, screw those water freezes at zero people, join me in saying water really freezes at 32 F, as in F YOU for listening to me.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Brassard has no f***ing clue how to play w/ Kessel. He keeps missing almost guaranteed passes to Kessel. Bones would have floated that up and let Kessel go get it.

Kessel looks frustrated with Brassard.

Reactions: Tom Hanks

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Letang chasing down plays

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events