GDT: #39 | A Wild Night Before a New Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
#iceicebaby

@ColePens, watch this during the intermission. Jim Carrey on In Living Color spoofing Vanilla Ice. Epic. You may have missed it, since I think you were 5 and being forced to watch Jaws 24/7. But, watch it during intermission, if only because it's evidence that Jim Carrey once actually was funny. :laugh:

The best of Carrey has to include his William Shatner impersonation...golden! This clip still cracks me up

Reactions: KIRK

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Horny could've easily hit Geno or Simon...but no dump it in...

THAT is why Sid loses his **** before long playing with Horny.

It only worked for Geno last year (a) because Hags was in a zone like the HBK run and (b) we had a defense that had more than 1 pairing that could move the puck and support the rush.

NMK11

Apr 6, 2013
At a bar in St Paul sitting next to the everyman's Pierre McGuire. Dude knows everything about every hockey player born in Minnesota. This state deserves a good team.

Reactions: ColePens

pensfan71

Jun 9, 2010
THAT is why Sid loses his **** before long playing with Horny.

It only worked for Geno last year (a) because Hags was in a zone like the HBK run and (b) we had a defense that had more than 1 pairing that could move the puck and support the rush.

Definitely don't blame him...

Yeah not gonna lie, kinda regretting that Hags trade...

Reactions: KIRK and Andy99

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
Definitely don't blame him...

Yeah not gonna lie, kinda regretting that Hags trade...
KvPCASD.gif

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
This team ain't 16 levels of dominance, but with one or two more smart moves, they can make a series of it with anyone.

Reactions: KIRK

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Still not sure if Pearson is better than Hags. He doesn't really so anything of note. Hags brought elite speed atleast.

He's Riley Sheahan as a winger. So bland.

But He's a smart winger with good defensive senses and can shoot. Unlike Hags. I guess that's the tradeoff.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Hags speed and forechecking ability backed the D off of Geno....

The legend of Carl Hagelin is equal to Ian Cole.

Hagelin was a 3rd liner that had 2 points in our second cup run and was the obvious third wheel to Bonino and Kessel.

He was also 31 and a UFA. We turned him into a player we have cost controlled for the next couple years that is fine. And by our own GMs admittance is suffering from an injury that could’ve iced him for awhile.

pensfan71

Jun 9, 2010
Also Pearson makes hags-like defensive plays and people don't go wild here because they choose to ignore it. He's helped us countless amount of times on the backcheck. And the dude has a great shot.

I'm holding out till the playoffs to see, he's been very very good in them so hopefully he makes me eat my words. Pettersson did so I'm looking forward to being wrong about Pearson

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Hags was a better fit for Geno I thought based on speed and creating space

He had countless chances to score or produce and couldn't do it. We got a younger player who is cost controlled. Hags was gone after this season no matter what. I thought it was a great deal.

Hell.. i'd give LA a pick for Hags at 50% at the DL. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad