GDT: #39 | A Wild Night Before a New Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
I still make the trade for Pearson, smart move IMO. But I definitely think the team is missing another speedy guy who can get on the puck quickly and disrupt. Sheary could do that too, when he was playing well.

Might have some internal options for that at some point.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Also Pearson makes hags-like defensive plays and people don't go wild here because they choose to ignore it. He's helped us countless amount of times on the backcheck. And the dude has a great shot.

He's a better player than Hags.

But, Hags was the guy who fit Geno.

Geno was 'off' BEFORE Hags was traded, but this has been so much worse over the last 7 weeks.

I'm not sure this isn't a case where we got the better player but are worse for the deal because of the Geno factor.

Reactions: pensfan71

pensfan71

Jun 9, 2010

Geno was 'off' BEFORE Hags was traded, but this has been so much worse over the last 7 weeks.

I'm not sure this isn't a case where we got the better player but are worse for the deal because of the Geno factor.

There we go, a more articulate version of my thoughts

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com

Hags had 1 goal with Geno and 2 assists in 16 games. If that’s the Geno factor, I’m glad we changed it up.

Also, funny statement coming from the one that is always preaching about not falling in love with cup winners. Hags is the definition of that with his salary.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Hags has 1 goal with Geno and 2 assists in 16 games. If that’s the Geno factor, I’m glad we changed it up.

How many points did Geno have with and without Hagelin?

See, that's the difference between us . . . you care how Hags looked in general. I care how Geno looked with and without Hags. But, hey, you win cups with Pearson, not Geno playing his A game, so maybe you're right . . .

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
How many points did Geno have with and without Hagelin?

See, that's the difference between us . . . you care how Hags looked in general. I care how Geno looked with and without Hags. But, hey, you win cups with Pearson, not Geno playing his A game, so maybe you're right . . .

I’m not keeping 4 mil in a 31 year old on the payroll when all he does is look like he is playing convincingly.

All the things people say about Bonino are 100% true about Hagelin. Dude got jumped by Scott Wilson in the depth chart in 16-17 and was a healthy scratch. 2 assists.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
correlation doesn't equal causation. I mean if we want to play that game, look at our record since the trade vs before.

I'm not saying Hags wouldn't be helping Geno, but I don't think he'd be curing his problems right now.

Curing is a different matter. BUT, you know how these funks happen . . . they don't come suddenly. That's where help comes in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad