GDT: #39 | A Wild Night Before a New Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Killahpunk

Legend
Jun 29, 2009
Eastern Canada
I've been really happy with Letang's play this season so far. I was honestly not sure what to expect with him and his health problems. But man he's been good all around this year and he is the unsung Penguin this season.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I think you’re reading into it way too much.

He’s probably got a ****ty injury, but can still play. Look at how you talked about Letang last year.

Carl ****ing Hagelin has nothing to do with it lol.

I hope to hell he's got a ****ty injury, but the more I spitball this with you and @ColePens, the more I think the issue is a combination of (a) age-- and the beating he's taken over the last 3 years (where he's been team tough guy for half of it), (b) being asked to do more with less, (c) kind of being in 'Sid's got this, it's the regular season' mode, (d) a lack of complementary linemates/blueline help, and (e) PERHAPS something personal.

If it's mostly (c), then we're fine. If it's also (b/d), then I HOPE JR can help with this. If it's (a) or (e), then we've got real problems.

I just don't like that this has been a 10 week **** show. I've seen bad. I've seen bad for a time. Never like this.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Wild crew harping on JJ not being called there again. They don't miss a shot at the horrible officiating from this game.

Reactions: Malkinstheman

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I hope to hell he's got a ****ty injury, but the more I spitball this with you and @ColePens, the more I think the issue is a combination of (a) age-- and the beating he's taken over the last 3 years (where he's been team tough guy for half of it), (b) being asked to do more with less, (c) kind of being in 'Sid's got this, it's the regular season' mode, (d) a lack of complementary linemates/blueline help, and (e) PERHAPS something personal.

If it's mostly (c), then we're fine. If it's also (b/d), then I HOPE JR can help with this. If it's (a) or (e), then we've got real problems.

I just don't like that this has been a 10 week **** show. I've seen bad. I've seen bad for a time. Never like this.

I guess? I think what your seeing is Geno likely getting a ton of shit for how much his selfish play was hurting the team early. Him being pissy about it and not clicking with line mates. So he’s dialing it back and playing unengaged and trying not to take stupid penalties and simplify.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Saw the score is 3 -1 and though where did the extra goal came from.

Forgot about Vanilla Ice Sheahan scoring :laugh:

Reactions: KIRK

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Wow, I can't believe this one is almost over.

@ColePens, can you come up with an original PGT title, or do you want me to handle it (I promise it won't be about your boy ZAR)?

EDIT: No, really . . . I promise . . . let me handle it.

#iceicebaby

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Wow, I can't believe this one is almost over.

@ColePens, can you come up with an original PGT title, or do you want me to handle it (I promise it won't be about your boy ZAR)?

EDIT: No, really . . . I promise . . . let me handle it.

#iceicebaby

You got it. Has to be iceicebaby lol

Reactions: KIRK

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I guess? I think what your seeing is Geno likely getting a ton of **** for how much his selfish play was hurting the team early. Him being pissy about it and not clicking with line mates. So he’s dialing it back and playing unengaged and trying not to take stupid penalties and simplify.

Then you trade his ass.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
As much as I want to have some beers and watch hockey and celebrate the new year tonight. I haven't slept since Saturday night / Sunday morning and think it's time for night-night gear. I can force'em down, but Pulled a all nighter LAN party. Do people still do those anymore?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad