Prospect Info: 37th overall: Vancouver selects Jett Woo (D, Moose Jaw)

Status
Not open for further replies.

member 290103

Fully expect Woo to go to Utica next year, play about 2 games out of every 15 and see his career ruined by Trent Cull.

Reactions: pomorick

member 290103

Cull played MacEwen, Dahlen, Juolevi, Brisebois all a ton right off the rattle as rookie prospects.

The guys he didn’t play didn’t play because they sucked, not because of Trent Cull.

Sure, however I don't see the sense of housing players in Utica that are supposed to be up and coming only to have them sit out game after game.

What's your take on Jett Woo? You a fan? Interested.

LordBacon

CEO of sh*tposting
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Hong Kong
Uh no....he's not 'Asian'....he's a Canadian of Chinese ancestry, who as far I know has never set foot in Asia.
Even if he’s Canadian doesn’t change that he is in fact an Asian, the only difference is his nationality. Or maybe it’s something that’s lost in translation, English isn’t my first language so I apologise if this sounds dumb. Correct me if I’m wrong

Megaterio Llamas

el rey del mambo
Oct 29, 2011
North Shore
Even if he’s Canadian doesn’t change that he is in fact an Asian, the only difference is his nationality. Or maybe it’s something that’s lost in translation, English isn’t my first language so I apologise if this sounds dumb. Correct me if I’m wrong
I think he's just a hapa actually.

406in604

Mar 4, 2019
If you haven't had a chance to see Jet play love, do yourself a favour. He has that same sound of hitting as when Virtanen does it. There is a difference level of sound and impact.

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
Cull played MacEwen, Dahlen, Juolevi, Brisebois all a ton right off the rattle as rookie prospects.

The guys he didn’t play didn’t play because they sucked, not because of Trent Cull.

I don't think its quite that straight forward.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
I don't think its quite that straight forward.

It really is.

Gadjovich, Lind, and Palmu were absolutely horrific for Utica in October/November. All were pretty close to unplayable and looked like the bad ECHL PTOs you see down there.

Lind has righted the ship a bit and been getting by as a middling bottom-6 forward for the past couple months.

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
It really is.

Gadjovich, Lind, and Palmu were absolutely horrific for Utica in October/November. All were pretty close to unplayable and looked like the bad ECHL PTOs you see down there.

Lind has righted the ship a bit and been getting by as a middling bottom-6 forward for the past couple months.

They got to play with ECHL garbage for tiny minutes and were never given a chance to play, make mistakes and learn from them.

I dont think sitting them is best for their developement.

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
It's a drag that we won't get to see Woo in a prospect tournament this summer. He'd be one of the players I'd really look forward to watching.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
It's a drag that we won't get to see Woo in a prospect tournament this summer. He'd be one of the players I'd really look forward to watching.
You think he will play in the WJC for Team Canada next december?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad