Prospect Info: 37th overall: Vancouver selects Jett Woo (D, Moose Jaw)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
Injury concerns are still there for Woo, but reports are looking very good. Still don't know about taking him at #37, but I do like the prospect, injury concerns aside.

Reactions: petrishriekandgo

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013

pitseleh

Jul 30, 2005
Vancouver
Concussions or not, I’m not big on his injury history considering he racked them up playing against kids and not men. He’s gonna have to chance his game to play in the NHL.

That said, gotta love the name, if not the game.

Yep. Shoulders injuries can be problematic for players, especially for guys who rely on a physical game to be effective. Sounds like Woo never came back at 100% and was hampered by his shoulder all season, post-injury. If he were a clear-cut top-20ish guy, I'd be fine with the risk at 37. Less so when similarly rated players without those concerns were available.

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
Bit of a risky pick, but he sounds like a solid 2-4 d from the descriptions. Could be a good partner for Hughes down the line.

Last edited:

Yultron

Apr 18, 2017
Yes I just did a full google search and I couldn’t find one viable or credited article mentioning two concussions.

Let’s take a breather Canucks fans this kid was injured yes but no concussions. I’m sure Benning did his due diligence.

The kid has untapped potential and for a second round pick this is as good as it gets.

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
LOL I got my wish

Not with Jake Wise going to Chicago with the next pick though

Edit: Just woke up, realized we passed on Wise for Madden in the third.

Last edited:

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
Not super excited about this one. Even defensive dmen in NHL put up huge production at the CHL level.

I would love to be super wrong, but I think the shine from the 2018 draft will wear off really fast.

jeromemorrow

May 3, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Love this pick & It's not even about the name.

He plays defence first, drives the puck, makes a good first pass & makes himself known physically.

Not sure why posters are being bummed abt this pick.. Gives us more depth in the pipeline to start making more trades in the future if & when Pouliot, Hutton, Del Zotto, Gudbranson, Tanev and even when my dear Edler becomes expendable..

I like his attitude and his leadership skills via captaincy experience for Canada

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
Pretty good pick.

I'm a little concerned about his injury history, but I like what I've read so far (and the few clips that I've watched).

We needed a RHD and so voila!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad