Prospect Info: 33rd overall: Vancouver selects RW Kole Lind (Kelowna Rockets)

Status
Not open for further replies.

iFan

May 5, 2013
Calgary
I'm leaning towards Timmins, he's offensive game would be welcomed, I like what I'm reading about him.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
1. Aleksi Heponiemi
2. David Farrance
3. Joni Ikonen
4. Grant Mismash
5. Jason Robertson

I think it'll be Timmins if he's there...I'm not a fan.

TheWolf*

May 3, 2015
I'm leaning towards Timmins, he's offensive game would be welcomed, I like what I'm reading about him.

1040 is saying it'll be some USHL guy.....sounds like Weisbrod is gonna get his way here.

canucks20

Oct 12, 2009
1040 is saying it'll be some USHL guy.....sounds like Weisbrod is gonna get his way here.

If that's the case it will be Mismash who I don't mind but would be targeting Hague. Watched him a few times with Missy and really like his size and potential

WonderTwinsUnite

May 28, 2007
BC
Looking into Jason Robertson's stats a little. Scored 81 points on 177 total Kingston goals last season - 45%.

Holy crap - for reference, Mitch Marner put up 126 points on 285 goals for London in his draft year, or 44%. Draisatl put up 105 on 240 goals for Prince Albert in 2014 - 43%.

Not saying they're equivalent, but damnit that's impressive.

Would be thrilled with him or Hague at 33, though I think I'd go Robertson. Also wouldn't mind Heponiemi or Lipanov (especially considering the latter is coming to Barrie next year).

FOurteenS inCisOr

FOS COrp CEO
May 4, 2012
Republic of VI
Looking into Jason Robertson's stats a little. Scored 81 points on 177 total Kingston goals last season - 45%.

Holy crap - for reference, Mitch Marner put up 126 points on 285 goals for London in his draft year, or 44%. Draisatl put up 105 on 240 goals for Prince Albert in 2014 - 43%.

Not saying they're equivalent, but damnit that's impressive.

Would be thrilled with him or Hague at 33, though I think I'd go Robertson. Also wouldn't mind Heponiemi or Lipanov (especially considering the latter is coming to Barrie next year).

I've been tooting the Robertson horn for a while now (...should probably reconsider my phrasing choice).

Surprised he fell out of the 1st.

tonydif

Apr 15, 2007
Mismash and Robertson are definite Benning picks...gritty, shoot first wingers with size who lean on guys

TheWolf*

May 3, 2015
Mismash and Robertson are definite Benning picks...gritty, shoot first wingers with size who lean on guys

Benning said that they are set on the wings with the Boesers, Goldobins, Baertschi's and Granlunds.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Man, seems like Timmins would be the type Canucks should be all over.

I don't think he's a good enough skater at his size or dynamic enough as a PMD, I have concerns that he'll be a "AAAA" player(using a baseball reference). I like his skill, but I don't think his overall package is enticing enough for me to take the plunge at 33.

I know he seems to be on everyone's target lists here so I'm prepared to get flamed because he has a nice stat line.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
If the Canucks are true to form it'll be Boqvist....another Swede with great speed who played in the SHL as a teen-ager.....but Hague is intriguing....NHL scouts were obsessed with their Finnish d-man, but still a little surprised he fell out of the first round.

TheWolf*

May 3, 2015
It isn't Timmins. Benning said that there are 2 or 3 forwards they had projected would be gone at this point that they are targeting at #33.

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
If the Canucks are true to form it'll be Boqvist....another Swede with great speed who played in the SHL as a teen-ager.....but Hague is intriguing....NHL scouts were obsessed with their Finnish d-man, but still a little surprised he fell out of the first round.

From Timra too. Did he play on a line with Pettersson and Dahlen? 6 points in 16 SHL games is pretty good for a guy that young, most player that age don't get much ice time in the SHL.

Would prefer Hague but Boqvist looks intriguing. Would drive the anti-soft Swede all tuffness crowd nuts :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad