Prospect Info: 33rd overall: Vancouver selects RW Kole Lind (Kelowna Rockets)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rotting Corpse*

Sep 20, 2003
Kelowna, BC
Last year we had a thread to discuss who might be available at 33. Then Jimbo traded it for Gudbranson. :laugh:

So let's try this again? What kind of a player might be we looking at with 33?

Please don't trade this one Jim.

Last edited by a moderator:

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton
JAD seems to be the y2k driven consensus pick. Robert Thomas is the other one. I'm impartial to Heponiemi, although he might still be around at 55 (or not even around at all).

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
In order:

1) P.O. Joseph
2) Henri Jokiharju
3) Aleksei Hopeniemi
4) David Farrance
5) Joni Ikonen
6) Filip Chytil

Hopefully one of these guys slides to 55 as well :D

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
JAD seems to be the y2k driven consensus pick. Robert Thomas is the other one. I'm impartial to Heponiemi, although he might still be around at 55 (or not even around at all).

Yup. JAD or Robert Thomas. At this point I would lean towards JAD, but would love either pick.

Braeden

Jul 14, 2009
Jake Oettinger.
http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=247982

"Big and athletic puckstopper in the prototypical NHL goalie mold…covers a lot of the net with his natural size and mobility…has long legs that cover much of the lower net when he drops into the butterfly…handles rebounds well as he either directs them to open space or suffocates them in his pads…is fluid and quick, pushing post-to-post and maintains good position when he is forced to move laterally...

…tracks the puck well, but this is one area that he could continue to improve"

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Jake Oettinger.
http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=247982

"Big and athletic puckstopper in the prototypical NHL goalie mold…covers a lot of the net with his natural size and mobility…has long legs that cover much of the lower net when he drops into the butterfly…handles rebounds well as he either directs them to open space or suffocates them in his pads…is fluid and quick, pushing post-to-post and maintains good position when he is forced to move laterally...

…tracks the puck well, but this is one area that he could continue to improve"

The whole group from like 12-45 is up in the air. I tried making my top 31 and think I had Oetiger at 27 so at 33 would be nice but theres probably a lot of guys that will fall and if a GM or scout has really ZEROED in on a prospect you hope they can get it right. Should be some gems available

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
I actually wouldn't be all that surprised to see Klim Kostin fall to 33. Wouldn't be upset picking him either, though still wouldn't be my preferable choice.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
P.O. Joseph please. Not only is he actually an offensive dman we need a Canadian kid to make team Canada at the world Juniors in 2019.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
I actually wouldn't be all that surprised to see Klim Kostin fall to 33. Wouldn't be upset picking him either, though still wouldn't be my preferable choice.

I'd be sprinting to the podium for him. He's #14 on my board.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
1 Josh Norris
2 Robert Thomas
3 Henri Jokiharju
4 Jesper Boqvist
5 Connor Timmons
6 Maxime Comtois
7 Jaret Anderson-Dolan

long list i know but it wouldn't suprise me if 5 of these guys go in the 1st 32 picks.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
1 Josh Norris
2 Robert Thomas
3 Henri Jokiharju
4 Jesper Boqvist
5 Connor Timmons
6 Maxime Comtois
7 Jaret Anderson-Dolan

long list i know but it wouldn't suprise me if 5 of these guys go in the 1st 32 picks.

i think Thomas has a really good chance of going in the 1st, but he'd be #1 on my list if he's there, same with Kostin.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
i think Thomas has a really good chance of going in the 1st, but he'd be #1 on my list if he's there, same with Kostin.

yes Thomas could end up like a Ryan O'Reilly type pick. He's got a really nice pro game

Kostin would have to interview well because frankly i'm sick of Russians walking out on this team and we need core players. If he was set on going CHL and willing to play through the minors like Goldobin then i could be persuaded..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad