Prospect Info: 33rd overall: Vancouver selects RW Kole Lind (Kelowna Rockets)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeardyCanuck03

@BeardyCanuck03
Jun 19, 2006
twitter.com
Bigger shoot first wingers (based on my quick research)
Jason Robertson
Kole Lind

High skilled Centers
Jaret-Anderson Dolan
Aleksi Heponiemi

My uneducated thoughts/picks

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
1 Josh Norris
2 Robert Thomas
3 Henri Jokiharju
4 Jesper Boqvist
5 Connor Timmons
6 Maxime Comtois
7 Jaret Anderson-Dolan

long list i know but it wouldn't suprise me if 5 of these guys go in the 1st 32 picks.
Keep the Swedes coming I guess

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
I don't think he's a good enough skater at his size or dynamic enough as a PMD, I have concerns that he'll be a "AAAA" player(using a baseball reference). I like his skill, but I don't think his overall package is enticing enough for me to take the plunge at 33.

I know he seems to be on everyone's target lists here so I'm prepared to get flamed because he has a nice stat line.

Yeah. I'm pretty much with you on that. He's obviously a popular target because stats and a fancy highlight reel, but i think there are some reasons to worry a bit that his toolset is just good enough to be a productive CHLer. As the speed and physicality ramps up, i think it'll be a lot harder for him to do what he does and get away with it.

Also have to always keep in mind that he's one of the oldest draft eligibles this year. Played the whole year as an 18 year old. His 17 year old season was nothing to write home about.

DFAC

Jan 19, 2008
From Timra too. Did he play on a line with Pettersson and Dahlen? 6 points in 16 SHL games is pretty good for a guy that young, most player that age don't get much ice time in the SHL.

Would prefer Hague but Boqvist looks intriguing. Would drive the anti-soft Swede all tuffness crowd nuts :laugh:

Boqvist played on a line with Petersson an Dahlen for a bit

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
What is the appeal of JAD? Seems like a 3rd round pick or later to me

30+ goals, 70+ points for a guy who if born 4 days later would otherwise be looked at as a top 10 pick in next year's draft, or possibly top 5. Take him at 33, treat him like he's a 2018 draft pick. Reap the rewards.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
30+ goals, 70+ points for a guy who if born 4 days later would otherwise be looked at as a top 10 pick in next year's draft, or possibly top 5. Take him at 33, treat him like he's a 2018 draft pick. Reap the rewards.

product of Kailer brah

Street Hawk

Feb 18, 2003
Visit site
Reedy can't skate.

For 55
1. Max Gildon
2. Cole Lind
3. Mack Entwistle
4. Dylan Samberg

I don't see Lind lasting until 55. I like him at #33. Banning seemed to indicate that he was likely targeting a forward at #33 vs a Dman. They need to keep adding goal scorers.

Cupless44

Jun 25, 2014
I wouldn't mind a player like Ratcliffe. Having the softest group of perimeter players as a forward group in the NHL gets really tiring, especially when it has been like that for years and we play in the most physical division in the league. Anyone who thinks its all about hockey IQ wasnt watching the Edmonton vs Anaheim series.

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
I wouldn't mind a player like Ratcliffe. Having the softest group of perimeter players as a forward group in the NHL gets really tiring, especially when it has been like that for years and we play in the most physical division in the league. Anyone who thinks its all about hockey IQ wasnt watching the Edmonton vs Anaheim series.

To me, losing is really tiring, but if we want to push the "we need to get more physical" narrative, that's OK too I suppose. We've been pushing for that ever since the WCE era and they folded like cheap tents annually.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
I don't see Lind lasting until 55. I like him at #33. Banning seemed to indicate that he was likely targeting a forward at #33 vs a Dman. They need to keep adding goal scorers.

The ideal draft upcoming is probably Anderson-Dolan at 33, Josh Brook at 55, and Michael Dipietro at 64.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014

Yes, the only players from Bob McKenzie's first round mock draft left are Hague, Timmins, Roberston and Ratcliffe....but suspect that the Av's will pluck one of the two d-men at #32...will be one of Hague/Timmins considering how thin they are on the blueline.

Saturated Fats

This is water
Jan 24, 2007
Vancouver/Edinburgh
That's a fair assessment, I didn't realize he was so young.

That being said, of the guys available, I think I'd prefer Lind.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
That's a fair assessment, I didn't realize he was so young.

That being said, of the guys available, I think I'd prefer Lind.

Why?

I like Lind, don't get me wrong. But Anderson-Dolan is 11 months younger and put up 9 more goals (but 11 fewer points). That's almost a full year off. Compare Lind's production from 15-16 to JAD and it isn't even close.

The way I look at it, you're getting a top 10 pick from 2018 a year early.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
product of Kailer brah

I wouldn't say he's a product of Yamamoto per se. I think JAD benefits from having that kind of skill around him, and it probably helped his statline a fair bit. But i think what a guy like JAD can do is also pretty helpful and symbiotic for other skill players around him too. He's fast, hard on pucks, does work at both ends, gets himself open and doesn't hesitate to shoot the puck. And he has the hockey sense to complement other skill players.

It's the sort of combination of traits that i think make Anderson-Dolan a bit of a safer prospect. He'll find some way to claw his way into the NHL in a bottom-6 role if the skill he has doesn't pan out at the highest level. It's actually his "ceiling" that i'm not sure is actually sky high.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
I wouldn't say he's a product of Yamamoto per se. I think JAD benefits from having that kind of skill around him, and it probably helped his statline a fair bit. But i think what a guy like JAD can do is also pretty helpful and symbiotic for other skill players around him too. He's fast, hard on pucks, does work at both ends, gets himself open and doesn't hesitate to shoot the puck. And he has the hockey sense to complement other skill players.

It's the sort of combination of traits that i think make Anderson-Dolan a bit of a safer prospect. He'll find some way to claw his way into the NHL in a bottom-6 role if the skill he has doesn't pan out at the highest level. It's actually his "ceiling" that i'm not sure is actually sky high.

Yeah, on a more serious note i actually agree 100% which is why I'm a bit down on him compared to some other people.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC

I see a lot of scouting reports that refer him as a middle 6 kind of guy. And I think that's fair. Ceiling is probably closer to a 2nd line C, while his floor is probably that of a 3rd line C. Either way, I like what elements he brings and he looks like he'll be a good pro player.

WonderTwinsUnite

May 28, 2007
BC
For me,

Robertson/Hague at 33

DiPietro at 55

Shaw/Lipanov at 64

I know Shaw seems early, but I get that Marchand vibe out of him, and despite being 5'8", I could easily see him playing at 180 lbs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad