Prospect Info: 33rd overall: Vancouver selects RW Kole Lind (Kelowna Rockets)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rotting Corpse*

Sep 20, 2003
Kelowna, BC
Bobby Mac's final draft list was posted in another thread.

Here are where some of the names more frequently mentioned are ranked:

21. Thomas
23. Norris
24. Yamamoto
27. Ratcliffe
28. Timmins
31. Chytil
36. JA Dolan
37. Comtois

As bitturbo said above, seems pretty unlikely Thomas falls all the way to 33.

MacKenzie tends to be pretty much spot-on in terms of how teams are leaning and bats 1.000 in the first round in terms of predicting each pick. Looking at his list last year, the biggest fallers in his top 30 were Hajek who he had at 26 and was taken at 37, Katchouk (29 -> 44) and Clague (30 -> 51) No one in his top 25 came anywhere near being available at 33. So I think we should pretty much forget about Thomas, Norris and Yamamoto and be arguing about the Ratcliffe-to-JAD group of players.

Last edited:

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC

21. Thomas
23. Norris
24. Yamamoto
27. Ratcliffe
28. Timmins
31. Chytil
36. JA Dolan
37. Comtois

MacKenzie tends to be pretty much spot-on in terms of how teams are leaning and bats 1.000 in the first round in terms of predicting each pick. Looking at his list last year, the biggest fallers in his top 30 were Hajek who he had at 26 and was taken at 37, Katchouk (29 -> 44) and Clague (30 -> 51) No one in his top 25 came anywhere near being available at 33. So I think we should pretty much forget about Thomas, Norris and Yamamoto and be arguing about the Ratcliffe-to-JAD group of players.

I could see Yamamoto falling due to his size. Kostin falling due to his nationality. And Timmins rising (I have him going to Toronto).

I like seeing Dolan around where our 2nd round pick is. Would be thrilled to see us pick him, though I'm not expecting it.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria

21. Thomas
23. Norris
24. Yamamoto
27. Ratcliffe
28. Timmins
31. Chytil
36. JA Dolan
37. Comtois

I would still be extremely happy with JAD or Chytil at 33 though.

IMO both indeed are first round calibre.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Hope for those, prepare for Evan Barrett. Or a defenseman. Likely Farrance.

Wouldn't be mad at either really. Barrett and Farrance seem to be pretty strong even-strength players. Canucks Army's USNTDP feature was phenomenal in highlighting a bunch of these guys.

I think USNTDP players are typically underrated. Especially the blueliners. A lot of "good, but not outstanding" USNTDP defenders seem to graduate to become impact players later on.

I like Norris and Gildon too off the USNTDP.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Could you see the Canucks trading the 33rd and 55th overall picks to move up and get another first rounder?.....if someone like Klostin or Tippett were to drop in the later first round, might make some sense.

scorvat53

Jan 21, 2017
Could you see the Canucks trading the 33rd and 55th overall picks to move up and get another first rounder?.....if someone like Klostin or Tippett were to drop in the later first round, might make some sense.

yep. I think if they move up there giving up both these picks.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010

I could see it, and would pretty easily get right on board with it...assuming the right prospect(s) falls.

Everyone has their favourite targets for the 33rd pick...but despite the wide-open characterization of this draft through the 1st round, it seems the majority of the most coveted "targets at 33" i've seen mentioned are liable to be gone before Vancouver is on the clock there. They're largely the guys in that ~15-35 group that seem to consistently land inside the Top-30 on almost every list (ie. Robert Thomas, etc).

I really think this is a draft where, positioned where the Canucks are right now, quality could very well > quantity.

For me it breaks down something like: ~15 Bluechippers. Fills out to ~35-40 i could see a reasonable case for in the 1st round (with some clusters inside of that obviously). Then a pretty big drop-off in quality from ~35-40 on. Still guys with significant upside or projectable skillsets and the like, but a significant step down in quality overall.

Really might make sense to me to move up and grab one ~15-20 guy (with a pick in the 20s), rather than scooping up the leftovers of the Top-35ish guys, and then another guy into that completely off the board 40+ range.

I certainly wouldn't expect them to move up though. Would be pleasantly surprised if they did manage to move up like that, and that's what it would take. Though obviously contingent on whether i feel the guy they hypothetically moved up for is "worth it".

Karl Childers*

Jun 18, 2017
I really wouldn't mind either Gadjovich or Comtois with pick 33.

This team is very tiny in addition to not being very skilled. I'm not seeing any forwards in the system who are skilled enough to skate in the top nine that play with any jam other than maybe Virtanen and he is a long way away.

Grazzy

Sep 29, 2012
10 picks away now, who do you like? My prospect knowledge has run out lol

Canuck Luck

Jun 15, 2008
Vancouver
Definitely hoping we can grab another pick in the early 30s. Tolvanen/kostin/Hague all still available. Canuck luck is all 3 are selected 30-32

At least we are guaranteed to have a shot at either one of them or gadjovich/ratcliffe

docbenton

Dec 6, 2014
Was hoping for Thomas or Jokiharju, but still really like Tolvanen. Also can't believe Hague is falling this far, good prospect with high upside. Would trade up for him.

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
Waited to long now both are gone, alot of upside with kostin probably wouldnt have took much to move up a couple.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
I would be happy with one of Conor Timmins, Nicholas Hague, Jason Robertson, Jaret Anderson-Dolan, or Jesper Boqvist.

I imagine Timmins is the target based on Benning's desire for a mobile puck moving d-man. He could have interest in Hague for his size since Tryamkin is gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad