Post-Game Talk: #33: Predators 1 at FLYERS 2, Thursday, Dec. 20, 2018, 7:00 pm ET

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Gordon even used a well-timed strategic timeout. Shocking I know.
hakstol_bird.0.0.jpg

freakydallas13

Jan 30, 2007
Victoria, BC
This board is manic/depressive.
You want me to anoint Hart the next great goalie after 2 games?
You want me to declare that 5 goals in 2 games means we now play real offense?

Hart isn't quite ready for a Vezina nomination.
And this team really doesn't look that much better, started strong then looked sloppy.
And they still make lots of blind passes, allow odd man rushes, just lucky that these two teams couldn't take advantage of their mistakes.

Just win baby.

Reactions: VoraceksWristShot

GapToothedWonder

Dec 20, 2013
Paris of the Praries
i love how fans just write off every team off it's going to an easy ride to playoffs and a cup win, i mean like seriously? pump the brakes for a minute at least because you are only setting yourselves for a disappointment, it's only two games and we got a long way to climb up, we still got 50 games left to play i mean if they win them all good but it's not going to easy beating the teams that beat us.

You forgot the #obviousheelturn

Or your a total wet blanket, who knows.

MorgantiDrinksBlood

Dec 26, 2011
Tokyo, Japan
I can’t find deadheads post to reply to it I’m drunk. Deadhead you must be more drunk to not see the instant improvement of the team and to see the excitement is back hockey in Philadelphia. No one here is saying Hart is the next Marty Brodeur, but you simply cannot deny the talent he possesses when you watch, maybe you’re more drunk than me haha.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
Musings of an exhausted, post hell week at work, watching with the gf and drinking, now typing this on his phone:

Hart: tremendous. I get emotional watching him sometimes. It's such a relief almost. Kid is the real deal. The organization's best goalie. For how many big saves Rinne had in the second period, Hart had the same amount. Just spread throughout the game.

AMac. Nice pass to Johansen. What a joke.

Hagg: useful game. Played some gritty (yeah I said it) PK minutes. Respect. Offense still dies on his stick though

Giroux and TK are still fire

Sanheim is becoming a set it and forget it player

Ghost continuing to play more relaxed and effectively. The same can be said about Patrick and Jake.

Laughton continuing his solid if not unspectacular play, especially on the PK.

Seriously it's night and day right now with these guys in their execution and emotion. Shocking, I know. What a difference. Hope they keep it rolling for an extended period of time and not just during the immediate post Hak fallout.

Lastly, NHL quality refereeing in full display last night.

oKo4TkW.gif

Harhis

Oct 30, 2017
Finland
This board is manic/depressive.
You want me to anoint Hart the next great goalie after 2 games?
You want me to declare that 5 goals in 2 games means we now play real offense?

Hart isn't quite ready for a Vezina nomination.
And this team really doesn't look that much better, started strong then looked sloppy.
And they still make lots of blind passes, allow odd man rushes, just lucky that these two teams couldn't take advantage of their mistakes.
I said this after last game and now again. If you can't see the difference with now and pre-Hakstol firing you are either blind, stupid or Hakstol himself, no offense.

AdamParrot

Mar 10, 2015
I like number 79 too. Because it's nostalgia for me. Between 2000-2006 or something like that here in my town Znojmo was a dominantly ice hockey duo - Peter Pucher (one of the best playmakers in Europe in that time) and Marek Uram, who was a little man, but speedy and pure-scorer and he had number 79. Both won gold medals in WC 2002 with Slovakia.

And that story behind Hart's number is perfect too!

EDIT: Wow. Marek Uram is 44 years old and he is still playing! Great for him!

HeyHanrahan

Sep 20, 2018
PA
All I know is that the last two games have been fun to watch. It feels odd being irked at the refs more that the team's style of play.

As for Hart, he played really well, however, I am trying to temper my expectations. There will most likely be setbacks in his development as a young goalie. But right now, he is playing great and looks legit.

Last edited:

Gert B Frobe

Nov 18, 2003
Chester County
This is a terrible mindset to have on here. Instead of admiring a poster who is constantly villified on here for speaking his mind you want to shun him into silence? A diversity of opinion is how one learns, and learns to think for themselves. It is becoming increasingly more difficult to find varying viewpoints on this particular board because of this current mindset. No one on this board is right, we are all just mouth pieces for our own opinions. No ones opinion on this board is better than any one else since there are no experts here. If you disagree with an opinion, do us all a favor and post an argument and feel free to give evidence to support your side. Don't try to undermine another poster by vilifying him or her.

Agreed. He has the right to be a complete idiot and he should not be censored. We can choose to engage or not to. I have unblocked his account for the entertainment value. I don't actually read the really long posts as they make me sad. I envision a very lonely and lost soul, typing away in a basement or squalid apartment somewhere near Ridley, listening to that awesome Fall 1983 RFK show (you know the one where Rider transitions into Dark Star and then space for like 45 minutes), blowing tubes, eating Ramen noodles and playing Xbox on line against 13 year olds.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad