Post-Game Talk: #33: Predators 1 at FLYERS 2, Thursday, Dec. 20, 2018, 7:00 pm ET

orangecrush8

May 21, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario
The thing that is concerning me about Provorov is his positioning.

Watch the Preds goal again. Obviously a lucky bounce but Provorov was wandering and found himself beside the net without a Preds player anywhere near him.

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
I’ve just caught up on the game, five minutes later my heart is still pounding. That was absolutely outstanding. It was everything I watch hockey for. Controversy, excitement and a f***ing WIN.

Carter Hart is a revelation and despite some utter bullshit from the referees we got what we deserved. Bravo.

Fight4yourRight

“Chuck’s my guy”
Dec 18, 2017
He beleived in his coach and maybe blind to it but a total moron is extreme . Got us out of cap hell , stocked the empty cupboards full of prospects and put us on the right path to future good times .One fault to many rights ain't a moron . Take a lap .

One fault? Everyone has a few redeeming qualities, hell, even Hakstol was from all accounts a "nice guy." That doesn't change the fact that the past 2 years or so, Hextall's inaction had the team regressing. I will give credit where credit is due. He certainly did clean up the cap, and helped with the drafting of some good young players, but he was arrogant and stubbornly set in his ways and seemed to be unable to adapt to a changing game, i.e. unable to get away from the whole 3 stage plan- 1) clean up 2) drafting 3) selling for a push when the "time is right," and was blind to many other teams blowing past the Flyers with much faster retools. He also seemed to be keen on replicating an L.A model of a roster full of two-way, "heavy" players. Hakstol has been criticized for utilizing these guys, but let's not forget who was acquiring them in droves.
Generally speaking, Hextall's biggest flaw in that plan was that he was unable to create an environment for the young guys to flourish for that 3rd stage to even be possible and he should be judged accordingly. He seemed perfectly satisfied with an indefinite period of mediocrity, perhaps because he simply did not understand how else to alter his set plan and get over the hump and because of his L.A experience (all that he knew) where he thought it was normal for a team to be complete dogshi* for 5 years if it ends with several cups, which is never ever a given considering the parity in this league, and should never be acceptable for an organization with this kind of proud fanbase. For as much passion and hatred for losing as he showed on the ice, he was the polar opposite in the office. He castrated this team and I found myself hating Flyers hockey. I know many feel the same way. For that, I'm glad he's gone.

wasup

Mar 21, 2018
One fault? Everyone has a few redeeming qualities, hell, even Hakstol was from all accounts a "nice guy." That doesn't change the fact that the past 2 years or so, Hextall's inaction had the team regressing. I will give credit where credit is due. He certainly did clean up the cap, and helped with the drafting of some good young players, but he was arrogant and stubbornly set in his ways and seemed to be unable to adapt to a changing game, i.e. unable to get away from the whole 3 stage plan- 1) clean up 2) drafting 3) selling for a push when the "time is right," and was blind to many other teams blowing past the Flyers with much faster retools. He also seemed to be keen on replicating an L.A model of a roster full of two-way, "heavy" players. Hakstol has been criticized for utilizing these guys, but let's not forget who was acquiring them in droves.
Generally speaking, Hextall's biggest flaw in that plan was that he was unable to create an environment for the young guys to flourish for that 3rd stage to even be possible and he should be judged accordingly. He seemed perfectly satisfied with an indefinite period of mediocrity, perhaps because he simply did not understand how else to alter his set plan and get over the hump and because of his L.A experience (all that he knew) where he thought it was normal for a team to be complete dogshi* for 5 years if it ends with several cups, which is never ever a given considering the parity in this league, and should never be acceptable for an organization with this kind of proud fanbase. For as much passion and hatred for losing as he showed on the ice, he was the polar opposite in the office. He castrated this team and I found myself hating Flyers hockey. I know many feel the same way. For that, I'm glad he's gone.[/Q
I completely agree with you on lack of creating an environment for prospects to flourish but strongly disagree with you on the type of players he was drafting . His NHL trade aquisitions were 100 percent 2 way safe non dynamic players but draft wise Provo Sandheim Kony Patrick Frost Farabee are not that type of player and he always mixed in goalies every draft as well . Mixed in some size some scoring ability of mostly people who could skate.
While he has set us real well in the future i some what kind of agree with you on questioning his ability to take us to the next step for sure but calling him Moronic after all the good things he has done just seems harsh to me .

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
The thing that is concerning me about Provorov is his positioning.

Watch the Preds goal again. Obviously a lucky bounce but Provorov was wandering and found himself beside the net without a Preds player anywhere near him.

I'm halfway with you. His positioning is routinely great when teams are entering the zone, and he denies them chances off the rush about as well as ever. It's when play settles in that he starts getting goofy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->