Post-Game Talk: #33: Predators 1 at FLYERS 2, Thursday, Dec. 20, 2018, 7:00 pm ET

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
Hockey Central: Burke said he called Holmgren about the ceremonial faceoff last night and asked why it was an "aggressive" one. Holmgren said Hartnell had $100 bet on who would win.

Shannon saying the Flyers are playing with guilt because of Hakstol getting fired...lol.

that was an all- time ceremonial faceoff. I loved it.

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
That's terrible. I CANNOT look at his face every game, and he is going to be in the studio eventually. It would almost be better to have him in the booth so you heard him more than saw him.
You know I love you. If anyone ever comes at you I have to fight hard to not go on a tirade because you're the most entertaining guy on the forums. But I cannot accept this opinion. Why oh why do you hate Hartnell so much you don't want to see his face anymore? I figured you'd love a goofball like him!

WestrnPhlyr

Go away or I shall taunt you a second time.
Jul 17, 2015
NW Inland Empire
Hockey Central: Burke said he called Holmgren about the ceremonial faceoff last night and asked why it was an "aggressive" one. Holmgren said Hartnell had $100 bet on who would win.

Shannon saying the Flyers are playing with guilt because of Hakstol getting fired...lol.
Wow to think someone actually said that out loud...
giphy.gif

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
You know I love you. If anyone ever comes at you I have to fight hard to not go on a tirade because you're the most entertaining guy on the forums. But I cannot accept this opinion. Why oh why do you hate Hartnell so much you don't want to see his face anymore? I figured you'd love a goofball like him!

I don't hate him at all, but his penalties drove me crazy - that's why I couldn't love him like everybody else does. But this is just about his face - his face makes me cringe and always has, I don't know why.

Here's the thing about the teams that he was on. In 2004, we finally got the Premier League on TV so I could watch it all the time. I had been waiting very literally my entire life for this to happen, for European football to be on like that, so for about 10 years, it really took huge priority for me - those Flyers teams weren't the same to me as I am sure they were to you because I was massively distracted by the football. I also couldn't watch much hockey from 2012-2015 in Thailand, and before that I was still out of town here in STL and didn't have CI or anything, so I wasn't watching much. Then in 2015 my crazy fervor for the football calmed down a bit, I got Gamecenter, and I have been rabidly following the Flyers again. I was just a bit out of it while he was here. Also, I ****ing loathe Jagr because of his horrible beginnings in this league, so him being with us just sucked for me.

Reactions: klutch

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
I don't hate him at all, but his penalties drove me crazy - that's why I couldn't love him like everybody else does. But this is just about his face - his face makes me cringe and always has, I don't know why.

Here's the thing about the teams that he was on. In 2004, we finally got the Premier League on TV so I could watch it all the time. I had been waiting very literally my entire life for this to happen, for European football to be on like that, so for about 10 years, it really took huge priority for me - those Flyers teams weren't the same to me as I am sure they were to you because I was massively distracted by the football. I also couldn't watch much hockey from 2012-2015 in Thailand, and before that I was still out of town here in STL and didn't have CI or anything, so I wasn't watching much. Then in 2015 my crazy fervor for the football calmed down a bit, I got Gamecenter, and I have been rabidly following the Flyers again. I was just a bit out of it while he was here. Also, I ****ing loathe Jagr because of his horrible beginnings in this league, so him being with us just sucked for me.
So this is more like your hate of "nostril guys" than because of past deeds? :laugh:

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
Just woke up and had a thought

I wonder if this misconduct and "suspension scare" is enough to shock Provorov back into form again. Like a cardioversion. Sometimes you need a little kick in the pants.

I'm not concerned about him in the long one, but I'm a huge fan of his (met him) and I'd love to see him round back into form sooner rather than later. He's pressing a lot out there.

Reactions: Beef Invictus

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes

I wonder if this misconduct and "suspension scare" is enough to shock Provorov back into form again. Like a cardioversion. Sometimes you need a little kick in the pants.

I'm not concerned about him in the long one, but I'm a huge fan of his (met him) and I'd love to see him round back into form sooner rather than later. He's pressing a lot out there.

I have it on good info that he’s an even bigger fan of yours.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
And Provy isn't even one of the guys that who would regularly get punished by having ice time taken away; so just imagine how bad Hak must have been.

He's on the other end of the spectrum... he was probably wishing Hak would give him a break so he can take a breath and reset mentally. When a players struggling as bad as he is, giving him a crazy amount of icetime isn't going to help and it won't give him a chance to bounce back to last years form.

landsbergfan

Jun 20, 2018

weird flex, but okay

landsbergfan

Jun 20, 2018
He's on the other end of the spectrum... he was probably wishing Hak would give him a break so he can take a breath and reset mentally. When a players struggling as bad as he is, giving him a crazy amount of icetime isn't going to help and it won't give him a chance to bounce back to last years form.
Yeah I agree with this. Loads of ice time which was quite often some of the most difficult minutes in the NHL. Difficult for any player, let alone one that is struggling. I think he started to play a little better before Hakstol was fired and we will soon see the actual results of it. I do want him off PP2

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
Shannon saying the Flyers are playing with guilt because of Hakstol getting fired..

"Wow guys they fired Dave... you know what.. let's play. Let's play f***ing hard. Let's play with so much fire. Let's do it. They fired a guy under whom we've been constantly losing. Let's win! That'll show them!!!"

Fight4yourRight

“Chuck’s my guy”
Dec 18, 2017
What's also missed in the aftermath of Couturier getting boarded is Simmonds immediately skating over on a mission towards Johansen to nail him, and getting whacked by a Predator d-man for his troubles. Too bad Johansen would never drop the gloves with Simmer.

Reactions: Beef Invictus

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Honestly, I would not be surprised if Provy is still dealing with arm issues. He doesn't seem to have the strength he did last year along the boards against other players.

The only plus, is that this is happening in his contract year which could help keep his cap a bit lower than it might have been otherwise.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Yeah I agree with this. Loads of ice time which was quite often some of the most difficult minutes in the NHL. Difficult for any player, let alone one that is struggling. I think he started to play a little better before Hakstol was fired and we will soon see the actual results of it. I do want him off PP2
Getting him off the 2nd PP is extremely important for the PP unit to improve, but also just to give him a bit more rest.

And yeah, in super non-shocking news, Provorov looks better now that he has a good partner instead of Hagg or MacDonald. Sanheim's playing great and that takes pressure off Provorov for sure. He doesn't have to be the sole option to move the puck.

I don't know how much the contract situation is weighing on Provorov, but I think he just needs to get that and the first half of this season in the rear-view mirror as fast as possible.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad