GDT: #31: FLYERS at Avalanche, Wednesday, Dec. 11, 2019, 9:30 pm ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
super stoked to see how couts and provorov-niskanen do against the mackinnon line. Going to be a great chess match there. Avs are fast and speed teams always give us trouble but if are able to play the possession game and win special teams we have a chance. Can't have a terrible 1st period because i don't see a huge comeback happening. Need the powerplay to score badly in this game. Badly.

Im not a stats guys so maybe someone can either prove me right/wrong but I’ll venture a guess and say the data suggests the Flyers haven’t really played a great possession game since early in the season.

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
Im not a stats guys so maybe someone can either prove me right/wrong but I’ll venture a guess and say the data suggests the Flyers haven’t really played a great possession game since early in the season.

compared the the avs, we are a much better possession team (someone back me up lol i dont want to give out false info). Our corsi as a team is almost 52%-good for 7th in the league. 11th in terms of fenwick %. Avs are 19th and 20th but they were msising some key guys early on and are still a great speedy team. we were bottom 10 in both last year. Im not a stats guy either but our possession game has been a lot better with just the eye test alone.

Last edited:

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
I would like to see Couts OZS bumped up a bit. It might've come down due to injuries and such. Hopefully with laughton back and once guys come back we can see his OZS bumped to 55+. I can't believe this is his first year where he is above 50. Bergeron, for as great of a defensive center he is, has been around 60 the past 3 years (he is older). Toews has average almost 60% of his in the ozone. Kopitar only has had two sub 50 in his career. Couts has the luxury of having giroux, laughton, hayes, and patrick so we should be able to free him up more. Hayes has taken a lot of that burden so thats nice to see. I want couts to unload haha

The reason that I want laughton the 4th line with raffl-pitlick is because it would give the flyers another line to take those dzone starts. I like our 3rd line right now but hopefully when guys come back we can do that (or until they get cold).

Reactions: Ginger Papa

GapToothedWonder

Dec 20, 2013
Paris of the Praries

I also don't really know/am unwilling to look it up. But I'm curious what makes you say this?

I feel like if anything the team has been corsi darlings that haven't been able to score a la the Canes a few years ago.

Just recently I felt like they dominated possession against the Coyotes but couldn't score to save their lives.

(Obviously if they keep up that play the goals will come.)

Reactions: Rebels57

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
super stoked to see how couts and provorov-niskanen do against the mackinnon line. Going to be a great chess match there. Avs are fast and speed teams always give us trouble but if are able to play the possession game and win special teams we have a chance. Can't have a terrible 1st period because i don't see a huge comeback happening. Need the powerplay to score badly in this game. Badly.

PP needs to come through. And it’s got to be JVR.

Its nice to have this much time off with a good coaching staff before a tough game and week. Hopefully it’s like coming off a bye in football.

landsbergfan

Jun 20, 2018
Their fancy stats that showed them as one of the best teams in the league has certainly come down. CF% is a bit low now, but HDCF% and SCF% are still in the top 3rd of the league. Flyers are below average in xGF% so while they are not getting the most shots at the net or dominating possession from a shot standpoint, they are at the very least getting better looks than their opposition.

Visually, they seem to have actual possession of the puck a good amount of times in their game, but it doesn't translate to shots. I suspect that is largely due to the dump/chase strategy. They've played most of the season without a 4th line and half the season with Giroux at center, so I suspect things will get better.

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
Correct. Nothing matters.

The team is winning so no fixes, changes, or improvements can possibly be made. The coaches are amazing, Fletcher is a hero. We have the best starting record in years so let’s just raise that banner to the rafters and chalk the season up as a win.

Don’t anyone dare say a single negative thing or the forum police will have a meltdown.

:laugh:
Stewart blows, even more than Bobby “Icings” Hagg.

Let the f***ers melt.

DaphneLion

Apr 8, 2018
Pennsylvania
From Jordan Hall on twitter. God help us

IMG_2709.JPG

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
I know this doesn’t make the TK injury feel any better, but that lineup is pretty ****ing solid considering we’re missing TK & Nolan.

We’ve come a long way.

100% agree. Stewie is BRUTAL and sucks hes in, and Haag is also not very good, but when your missing TK, Raffl, PAtrick and Myers and we still ice that lineup, blows my mind some still freak out.

Thats 4 NHL regulars injured, and 2 top 6 fwds to boot.

Reactions: DaphneLion
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad