GDT: #31: FLYERS at Avalanche, Wednesday, Dec. 11, 2019, 9:30 pm ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

ybnvs

Mar 20, 2014
-Stewart is in the lineup because TK is out of the lineup. I didn’t say he was going to be used the same way.

-Yes Friedman would be better. But he’s hurt.

-Just goes to show how much they’re screwing up, doesn’t it? And you’re still being literal for no reason. This has been explained to you quite a few times already.

-The PP can and does get set up. The problem is that when it does get set up the idiot coaches keep screwing with it, trying everything other than the correct way. And who said the players never deserve blame? Can you quote that please?

As always, thanks for being so hyper-sensitive about my posts. :laugh: I’m flattered that you care so much.

Stewart is not in the lineup because TK is out of the lineup. Stewart is in the lineup because Fletcher is deciding to not call up anyone. So AV has to play Stewart. Hands are tied, there is no one else on the roster currently. Also, it is Monday and still time to call someone else up so Stewart doesn't play. We might roll 11F 7D for the b2b this upcoming weekend (I assume Myers will only be out for 1 game).

It's quite a stretch to say Friedman would be better when the guy hasn't even played yet, or is this another attempt by you to pawn off an analysis from more savvy posters and market it as your own? You do it frequently and have been for quite some time. I called you out on it years ago. To be upset, complain, and laugh sarcastically about Hagg being back in when Myers is out and your fantasy choice of Friedman is also unattainable is absolutely hilarious. You are hysterical right now. Relax. It's just a game.

There is only one way to setup the PP with success, and that is "the correct way"? That's pretty irrational. Good thing you're not a coach. That is Hakstol levels of bad. :laugh:

This a forum. You should choose your words more carefully. If you don't expect people to take your chosen words literally, then perhaps you should choose your words more wisely. Your hot takes and extremely rude and dismissive attitude aren't really ideal for rational conversations, nor is your completely snobbish ways of making backhanded comments towards other posters conducive for discourse. But keep beating your Holier Than Thou drum.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
Meh, look for Stewart to get 6-8 minutes and Pitlick to double shift some (probably get moved into TK's spot).
Better question is whether Vorobyev can step it up, at least his RW won't outskate him. :sarcasm:

Hagg - Ghost has been fine, a better question is whether Travis can get his head out of his butt and start playing like he did a couple weeks ago.
"He'll hardly play. It won't even make a difference!" They exclaim

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.

tenor.gif

Well this is going to blow ass....

"signing stewart wont matter" they said..

Well, Hagg was a given, especially on the road, Hagg - Ghost hasn't been a bad pairing last year or this year, and Ghost could use a big partner on the road (rather than Friedman).

Stewart, well, other than recalling Andreoff, who is playing that well for LHV that he'd be an upgrade?

Chris Stewart sucks. I WOULD BE AN UPGRADE OVER CHRIS STEWART.

Here's his tape:

ClumsyThatCuttlefish-max-1mb.gif

As you can see he's more likely to hit something than Chris ****ING Stewart.

Haters will say that's Charging but as you can see he glides into the hit and doesn't take any more strides. Good hard clean hockey.

I'm not worried concerned with TK's absence than Stewart's presence.

Why is Hagg playing? Has Myers already been ruled out?

Losing TK and Myers speed and replacing it with Hagg and Stewart going into Colorado spells doom.

Stewart coming in for TK is horrific. Fletcher screwed up so bad and it's insane that people have been praising the guy.

Hagg is back in too? Holy **** :laugh:

Ghost has been playing amazing since coming back and being saved from Braun and Hagg... but now this.
These trash coaches have still been using him horribly, even with Myers in the lineup, so now it's just going to get worse. Then, when he can't score with the bottom 6 and Hagg holding him back, these clueless clowns will blame him and **** him over even more. Meanwhile the PP is still being sabotaged too.

Ugh I smell Stewie. It smells bad. Year old wet burrito fart wrapped in aged vomit and left out in the sun on a hot, humid day kind of bad.
99.99% of Philly fans reaction when seeing announcement of Stewart coming into the lineup:
giphy.gif

My buddy @Beef Invictus likely reaction:

giphy.gif

Love that twisted motherf***er.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Wait, they're putting Stewart AND Hagg in?

I'm tapping out ref, please make it stop.

giphy.gif

The worst hockey we played all season was when we had those 2 in the lineup. Hopefully Myers just misses the 1 game and TK just the 3 game road trip. We are still deep enough to collect some points though.

Losing Raffl and TK in the space of a week is very much a kick in the dick.

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
The worst hockey we played all season was when we had those 2 in the lineup. Hopefully Myers just misses the 1 game and TK just the 3 game road trip. We are still deep enough to collect some points though.

Losing Raffl and TK in the space of a week is very much a kick in the dick.

giphy.gif

Edit: time to punch back Philly style
giphy.gif

Here4ThaLids

“Sunshine has always been our enemy.”
Sep 28, 2018
That they're planning to leave for a three-game Western road trip with only 18 healthy skaters shows incredible mismanagement. No benefit of the doubt here for Fletcher as he's doubling down.

The Phantoms play a stretch on the 13th - 14th - 15th. Flyers are at Minny the 14th and Winny the 15th. An injury to a forward in warmups (or even in the days before) means the Flyers play MIN shorthanded by design and possibly don't have enough time to get a replacement to WPG.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Stewart is not in the lineup because TK is out of the lineup. Stewart is in the lineup because Fletcher is deciding to not call up anyone. So AV has to play Stewart. Hands are tied, there is no one else on the roster currently. Also, it is Monday and still time to call someone else up so Stewart doesn't play. We might roll 11F 7D for the b2b this upcoming weekend (I assume Myers will only be out for 1 game).

It's quite a stretch to say Friedman would be better when the guy hasn't even played yet, or is this another attempt by you to pawn off an analysis from more savvy posters and market it as your own? You do it frequently and have been for quite some time. I called you out on it years ago. To be upset, complain, and laugh sarcastically about Hagg being back in when Myers is out and your fantasy choice of Friedman is also unattainable is absolutely hilarious. You are hysterical right now. Relax. It's just a game.

There is only one way to setup the PP with success, and that is "the correct way"? That's pretty irrational. Good thing you're not a coach. That is Hakstol levels of bad. :laugh:

This a forum. You should choose your words more carefully. If you don't expect people to take your chosen words literally, then perhaps you should choose your words more wisely. Your hot takes and extremely rude and dismissive attitude aren't really ideal for rational conversations, nor is your completely snobbish ways of making backhanded comments towards other posters conducive for discourse. But keep beating your Holier Than Thou drum.

-If TK was able to play would Stewart be coming in? No? Didn't think so. So he's in because TK is out. Glad that's cleared up!
And the fact that Stewart is the only option is Fletchers fault, so that's not a valid excuse.

-I'll take that gamble instead of settling for something we know will be bad. Unknown > known detriment.
And what analysis and I pretending is my own? That Hagg sucks and I'd take our next best D prospect over than him? Find me who deserves credit for that savvy analysis and I'll be sure to apologize to them :laugh:

-The correct way is the way that's had an incredible level of success for years and years, yet they refuse to even try. Can't even debate that, really. Giroux on the left, Voracek on the right, best PP defensemen at the point (first Timonen, then Streit, now Ghost). There's a reason Giroux has the most PP points this decade and Ghost is arguably the best PP defensemen in the league since he came up.

And my word choice is perfectly fine. Seems like pretty much everyone else knows what I mean by "sabotage"... you seem to be the only one deciding to take it 100% literally. When I said Hagg was trash did you believe I literally meant he was a piece of trash? Is AV literally a clown in his free time? How about when I said Giroux is a god? Did that one stump you too? The fact that you're trying to be this petty and nitpick shows that you're just being dishonest and have some strange obsession with me and my posting. I've seen people do the exact same thing as I'm doing and you don't make a peep.
And the reason you get a rude and dismissive attitude is because that's what you've earned, just like anyone else I'm dismissive towards. This post of yours is a perfect example of why. There's a reason I'm not rude/dismissive to most posters and it's only towards specific people, like ones who make dishonest accusations.

Also, I haven't been beating a drum. I don't even own a drum and I have no clue where they even sell Holier Than Thou drums. (See how silly being 100% literal makes you look? ;))

Last edited:
Reactions: Ironmanrulez

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Pimp got thrown under the bus because other than the occasional sweet pass, he does nothing out there.
No one expects him to generate offense from Stewart, all you want from Stew is go to the net and set screens.
But it's not unreasonable to expect decent defense and a high energy forecheck from a center playing 4 shifts a period.

As far as Fletcher being unprepared because we're stuck with Stewart, Patrick, Raffl and TK are out, so we're playing the 14th forward and promoted an AHL center who has failed three times in two years. Now what decent player would have signed with us to sit on the bench and hope for two starters to get injured?

The real problem has been the failure of Bunnaman, Twarynski, Vorobyev, Rubtsov to win a job, or NAK, Kase, Ratcliffe and Shusko to compete for one.
The only prospects to win jobs were our two top tier kids, the rest have come up short so far.
Hopefully they can raise their games by next season.

Most picks after the 1st rd don't make the NHL, but it would be nice to hit on a couple for depth.

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
Hey kids, I’ll play Dead’s game and respond to him without actually responding directly to him. Play along, it’s fun!!

Current non 1st round picks contributing and/or adding depth to the Flyers

Carter Hart
Ghost
Myers
Hagg (well, not very much)
Lindblom
Raffl

The biggest problem was sucking up all available cap dollars and leaving them little or no wiggle room to acquire depth players. This is the main reason why I didn’t like the Braun trade.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Ghost has looked good with Myers.

When he is unable to do his own job as well as Hagg's, it's going to make me sad when he's blamed for not overcoming the impossible.

Prime Lidstrom would look like shit with Hagg. You can't defend both sides of the ice, behind the net, and in front of the net at the same time.

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
Myers out, Hagg in
JFC, that blows. How could it possibly get worse?

TK out, Slugwart in

Dear God in heaven,

WHY DAMMIT WHY??? WE HAVE SUFFERED ENOUGH!! Hakstol, Vandevelde, AMac, Weise, Mimsy and the AHL quartet; HOW MUCH MORE CAN WE TAKE!?!?!?
My Floridian friend, it may look like the Hockey Gods are doing this:
giphy.gif

And it feels like this:
giphy.gif

But time after time your team has shown the ability to do this:
ColorlessMiserableGuineapig-size_restricted.gif

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Over how many years?
2016: (3) 2nds, a third, and 5 later rd pick s(4th-7th): Hart (#52) [Twaynski and Bunnaman got cameos]
2015: (2) 3rds, 5 later rd picks, Myers (UDFA) [Vorobyev has had a few cameos]
2014: 2nd, 3rd, 3 later rd picks, Lindblom (5th)
2013: 2nd, 3rd, 3 later rd picks, Hagg (#41)
2012: 2nd, 3rd, 4 later rd picks, Ghost (#78) [Leier 55 games]
2011: 3rd, 4 later rd picks, Cousins (#68)
2010: 3rd, 5 later rd picks, Chaput (#89), McGinn (4th)
2009: (2) 3rds, 4 later rd picks,
2008: (2) 3rds, 2 later rd picks, Rinaldo (6th)

6 2nds, Hart
12 3rds, Cousins, Ghost
35 later rd picks, Lindblom, Myers

Which is a good reason not to go ballistic when a GM trades 2nd (especially later than #40 or so) and 3rd rd picks.
Hextall did better with these picks, but they're still long shots.

On the other hand, because it's so hard to draft after the top 40 or so, those picks should be treated like gold.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad