GDT: #31: FLYERS at Avalanche, Wednesday, Dec. 11, 2019, 9:30 pm ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Hart goes tomm, if he wins most likely goes Sat.

Not gonna be too heartbroken missing Sundays game now if no Hart or TK

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Forward lines = Abomination is what I read.

Why not just say Pitlick on 1st sucks and you want JVR to try RW ? And I imagine JVR skates with them and G goes to RW

Lines are still quite decent all things considered ( less Stewie of course )
I did.

Read more than the first 3 words before arguing.

Forward lines = abomination. Pitlick on the top line is idiotic. Also, RIP JVR.

PP = great (if everyone is in the correct place)

The Giroux line and 4th line are now significantly worse and the 3rd line has been producing but is still getting completely dominated... and that luck will quickly run out. For a team that's already being misused, missing TK is massive, missing Myers is big, missing Raffl hurts too, and the fact that our management/coaches are OK with playing Stewart is alarming.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

Sorry, but with the cap space available, you have to call someone up there. Dumb for a number of reasons. Lindblom plays both sides too. There is just no reason to do this to yourself.

And because hockey - pitlick has a goal and an assist

There have been plenty of cases of lines playing well with 2 skilled players and a speedy forechecker. I'm fine with giving this Pitlick experiment a game to see how it goes. It prevents them from juggling all 4 lines and it also leaves Vorobyev with another skilled forward in JVR to play with. It's one of those things where if they look like shit in the 1st, I can easily see AV juggling the lines and moving Pitlick back down to the 4th and moving JVR up into the top 9. Lines aren't going to be set in stone when we are this banged up.

They can call someone up after the game if these new temporary lines don't look effective. They are running out of their top call-up options though. Frost, Farabee, Vorobyev are already with the team. Twarynski doesn't bring much but i'd rather see him on the 4th line than Stewart. I'm not sure how Rubtsov is playing lately but he could be the next option. Kase has been mentioned by Meltzer as a candidate.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
Late but sincere: Cap'n, thank you for the GDT. I was educated, amused, and able to revisit my childhood with the Six Million Dollar Man doll ... err, action figure images. Bravo, sir, bravo!!

So, 2 more of the young guys to the sidelines? My head, when will it stop? I think I'll call up my dentist and see if he can schedule me for this evening to do a preventive root canal or two.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Late but sincere: Cap'n, thank you for the GDT. I was educated, amused, and able to revisit my childhood with the Six Million Dollar Man doll ... err, action figure images. Bravo, sir, bravo!!

So, 2 more of the young guys to the sidelines? My head, when will it stop? I think I'll call up my dentist and see if he can schedule me for this evening to do a preventive root canal or two.

Make sure you schedule it for tomorrow because you don't wanna go through that just to be able to watch the game also.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL

Sorry, but with the cap space available, you have to call someone up there. Dumb for a number of reasons. Lindblom plays both sides too. There is just no reason to do this to yourself.

And because hockey - pitlick has a goal and an assist

Assuming they have the space, why not just call up Kase and put him in TK’s spot? Obviously he’s not TK, but he’s fast, has some skill, and would likely be seriously amped up playing on that line.

Plus, best of all, it would mean no Sluggy in the lineup

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
PP needs to come through. And it’s got to be JVR.

Its nice to have this much time off with a good coaching staff before a tough game and week. Hopefully it’s like coming off a bye in football.

hopefully the time off doesnt mean we come out flat for the millionth time lol

Reactions: TheKingPin

prototypical4thliner

Jan 12, 2017
Given the fact that we are now missing 25% of what was expected to be our starting 12 forwards, I’m okay giving pitlick a shot. I still think we should be recalling a forward but that doesn’t appear to be the case. He may give frost and giroux some more space. Same way that raffl was successful playing with giroux.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Assuming they have the space, why not just call up Kase and put him in TK’s spot? Obviously he’s not TK, but he’s fast, has some skill, and would likely be seriously amped up playing on that line.

Plus, best of all, it would mean no Sluggy in the lineup
Because that would require sending down Stewart, which they apparently refuse to do.

They're perfectly happy to settle for less than the best possible lineup, like too many people on here. Or, alternatively but equally as concerning, they think Stewart is a better option.

landsbergfan

Jun 20, 2018
There have been plenty of cases of lines playing well with 2 skilled players and a speedy forechecker. I'm fine with giving this Pitlick experiment a game to see how it goes. It prevents them from juggling all 4 lines and it also leaves Vorobyev with another skilled forward in JVR to play with. It's one of those things where if they look like **** in the 1st, I can easily see AV juggling the lines and moving Pitlick back down to the 4th and moving JVR up into the top 9. Lines aren't going to be set in stone when we are this banged up.

They can call someone up after the game if these new temporary lines don't look effective. They are running out of their top call-up options though. Frost, Farabee, Vorobyev are already with the team. Twarynski doesn't bring much but i'd rather see him on the 4th line than Stewart. I'm not sure how Rubtsov is playing lately but he could be the next option. Kase has been mentioned by Meltzer as a candidate.
That is being somewhat disingenuous about Konecny's role on that top line. Pitlick is playing well, but he is limited. Of course the lines can change and guys like Farabee and Jake can be double shifted, but by not calling someone up they miss an opportunity to have a new player practice with their new lines, have a guy join the team for a 3 game road trip, and an opportunity to keep Stewart out of the lineup. It wouldn't even shock me if not calling someone up was a way of making sure Stewart is in the lineup. It isn't like Konecny is just a little banged up and can go again soon, it is a concussion.

There are at least 2 NHL ready prospects on the Phantoms that could've been called up. Even if they weren't called up to play with Giroux/Frost it would at the very least add skill to the lineup. Kase is a guy that looks healthy again after an injury and also was fantastic while playing on Frost's RW earlier this year for the Phantoms. Rubstov is injured

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
So they put Pitlick on the 1st line instead of JVR (the Giroux and Couturier lines are both 1st lines and I'll fight anyone who says otherwise ;) ) so that Pitlick or Stewart didn't need to be "uncomfortable" on the left side of the 4th line.

thinking-face_1f914.png

Maybe I'm just stupid but I feel like the 1st line is kindaaaa more important than the 4th. But hey, just a fan...

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
That is being somewhat disingenuous about Konecny's role on that top line. Pitlick is playing well, but he is limited. Of course the lines can change and guys like Farabee and Jake can be double shifted, but by not calling someone up they miss an opportunity to have a new player practice with their new lines, have a guy join the team for a 3 game road trip, and an opportunity to keep Stewart out of the lineup. It wouldn't even shock me if not calling someone up was a way of making sure Stewart is in the lineup. It isn't like Konecny is just a little banged up and can go again soon, it is a concussion.

There are at least 2 NHL ready prospects on the Phantoms that could've been called up. Even if they weren't called up to play with Giroux/Frost it would at the very least add skill to the lineup. Kase is a guy that looks healthy again after an injury and also was fantastic while playing on Frost's RW earlier this year for the Phantoms. Rubstov is injured

There's nothing disingenuous about it. I'm well aware of how important Konecny is on that line. Doesn't mean Giroux and Frost can't carry the line without him though.

I'm all for calling someone up to play instead of Stewart though. He is very far from an NHL player at this point.

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
Montgomery out in Dallas, all kinds of speculation but from the very little Nill has said about it, it doesn’t seem to be hockey related.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad