Not open for further replies.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

Fefx.gif

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
I'd go for this game

G-Frost-Vora(hopefully enough firepower to overcome Kadri good checking line)

Lindy-Coots-Pitlick( enough d and forecheck to contain Mackinnon line)

JVR-Hayes-Farabee(this line will need to produce against their weaker one)

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
Any line with Stewart would get destroyed.

I'd bet even Couturier would have trouble lifting that corpse. :laugh:

I'm pretty hyped to see Stewart and Hagg on the ice together.

Stewart sucks but so does Voro after some goals early on in his career. I’d prefer Twar up and Pitlick in the middle for a few games.

Hextall’s depth has quickly run out with all the skilled kids already playing.

Reactions: marcsson68

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Most teams would have depth problems after losing 3 starting forwards.
In a year or two, this should be less of a problem as a critical mass of bottom six prospects have 2+ AHL seasons.
Looking around the league, once you get past the 1st rd/top 6 prospects, most player marinate until they're 22-24 years old before they push for starting spots.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Stewart sucks but so does Voro after some goals early on in his career. I’d prefer Twar up and Pitlick in the middle for a few games.

Hextall’s depth has quickly run out with all the skilled kids already playing.
I've been fairly vocal in my Vorobyev non-fandom, but even with that said, he's had zero chance to do anything whenever he's been up. I don't think it's fair to judge him at all based on his NHL play.

Personally, I don't really care who came up... we were kinda screwed either way. There's really no forward in the AHL who I'm a big fan of.

FlyerNutter

Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
I've been fairly vocal in my Vorobyev non-fandom, but even with that said, he's had zero chance to do anything whenever he's been up. I don't think it's fair to judge him at all based on his NHL play.

Personally, I don't really care who came up... we were kinda screwed either way. There's really no forward in the AHL who I'm a big fan of.

Yeah it kinda blows. Other teams have injuries too though, and the Flyers have I believe been quite healthy the last few years (maybe not goaltending).

Need to find a way.

Reactions: Striiker

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Yeah it kinda blows. Other teams have injuries too though, and the Flyers have I believe been quite healthy the last few years (maybe not goaltending).

Need to find a way.

Yep, we can absolutely still win these games, but both the loss of the player and the ripple effect throughout the lineup is a huge problem.

The Giroux-Frost line has been our best in the last few games and now they're about to get some dead weight. Ghost-Myers has been fantastic too, but now of course Hagg the Cockroach (not literally, he's actually human) finds his way back in.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Stewie Biceps and Boss Hogg back in the lineup for this road trip it seems...

They’ll both totally deter any potential dirty hits to the teams star players...

*Sarcasm mode, engaged*
They actually might prevent some dirty hits, unintentionally.

Both of them really help the opponent keep offensive possession and stay in the zone, right? And our players are much less likely to get leveled when they don't have the puck, so...

thinking-face_1f914.png

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Haha omg I'm an idiot. Somehow got Farabee and Frost backwards in my mind. Me thinks I need a day off from work.
:laugh: I thought that might be what happened. No worries man, it happens to all of us.

Part of it is probably those damn jersey numbers, 48 and 49. Whenever I'm watching it takes me half a second to double check which is which. Hopefully one of them switches their number at some point.

But hey, if that Farabee-Giroux-Konecny line ever gets put together at least we have the nickname on deck.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

FlyerNutter

Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
Perhaps a question to the mods or if anyone is aware, god knows I don’t care enough to check the rules.

Is it against something to post a rumour regarding the health of a player if I simply heard it from someone who apparently knows him?

Yeah. It’s wildly exciting. Like 3/10.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
Perhaps a question to the mods or if anyone is aware, god knows I don’t care enough to check the rules.

Is it against something to post a rumour regarding the health of a player if I simply heard it from someone who apparently knows him?

Yeah. It’s wildly exciting. Like 3/10.

It is best to wait for something through a legitimate source. We have the following site rule to follow:

8) Claims of Insider Information/ Rumors & Hearsay: If you're an insider, contact us with proof BEFORE you post. These posts will be allowed/rejected at the discretion of administrators after consulting with other posters, moderators, and relevant sources. Deference will be given to veteran members who have established credibility. It's not acceptable to post that you heard someone has a drinking/drug/sex/personal problem from a "good" source. Do not post information that can be considered defamatory without a link to a credible media source. Other forums, personal websites, amateur/unvetted blogs, hearsay, and personal testimonials are not considered credible.

Last edited:

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
I'd go for this game

G-Frost-Vora(hopefully enough firepower to overcome Kadri good checking line)

Lindy-Coots-Pitlick( enough d and forecheck to contain Mackinnon line)

JVR-Hayes-Farabee(this line will need to produce against their weaker one)

yikes I would hate if they did that. Not enough to just maintain the mackinnon line, we need to have them play defense as well. Gotta put JVR in the top 6 (he has played some rw before or just put lindblom there..he used to play rw as well). I don't see a reason to break up the 3rd line and you know damn well AV doesn't like to mess with chemistry.

g-frost-jvr
lindblom-couts-voracek
laughton-hayes-farabee
nak/twarynski/rubstov-voro-pitlick

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
super stoked to see how couts and provorov-niskanen do against the mackinnon line. Going to be a great chess match there. Avs are fast and speed teams always give us trouble but if are able to play the possession game and win special teams we have a chance. Can't have a terrible 1st period because i don't see a huge comeback happening. Need the powerplay to score badly in this game. Badly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->