GDT: #31: FLYERS at Avalanche, Wednesday, Dec. 11, 2019, 9:30 pm ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
The altitude actually makes your biceps bigger, so I wouldn't say it's not the time
Sorry, but this is just factually incorrect. It's extremely unprofessional to spread these incorrect statements around this board where we have various elementary school aged children taking everything they read here as gospel. Altitude does not make biceps bigger, that's outrageous!

It's actually the legal weed in Colorado that engorges the biceps and makes them seem larger.

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
Sorry, but this is just factually incorrect. It's extremely unprofessional to spread these incorrect statements around this board where we have various elementary school aged children taking everything they read here as gospel. Altitude does not make biceps bigger, that's outrageous!

It's actually the legal weed in Colorado that engorges the biceps and makes them seem larger.
Hmm legal weed...
Maybe if they get JVR high and let him know that every time he scores he gets a taco, that’ll get him going

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Since the Couturier line has slowed down a bit lately and Couts can put up good possession stats with anyone, I wonder how if it'd work to try out Giroux-Frost-Lindblom and JVR-Couturier-Voracek until TK gets back.

JVR can stay on the left and escapes from the 4th line hell, Pitlick stays on the 4th line where he belongs, Lindblom gets to shake it up a bit since his scoring has drastically slowed (6 points in his last 16 games), and Giroux and Frost have some actually talent to work with.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
S

Maybe I'm just stupid but I feel like the 1st line is kindaaaa more important than the 4th. But hey, just a fan...

What first line? The Couts line is the first line in reality, he gets far more minutes than Frost at ES.
Pitlick makes sense b/c he can skate, is a natural RW and will do the dirty work for G and Frost.
Pitlick has been one of our top forwards the last few weeks since he got his game legs back.

JVR is a LW, moving G to RW, he's not a great skater and he tends to hang out near the net but isn't great at setting screens. So he'd probably be a detriment with those two.

I think one reason they want to give Stewart another shot is they're looking for someone to try and fill that Simmonds role, and no one else has stepped up.

As far as Kase, I think they want to see him show something before bring him up, he's been injured and hasn't done much at LHV.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
What first line? The Couts line is the first line in reality, he gets far more minutes than Frost at ES.
Pitlick makes sense b/c he can skate, is a natural RW and will do the dirty work for G and Frost.
Pitlick has been one of our top forwards the last few weeks since he got his game legs back.

JVR is a LW, moving G to RW, he's not a great skater and he tends to hang out near the net but isn't great at setting screens. So he'd probably be a detriment with those two.

I think one reason they want to give Stewart another shot is they're looking for someone to try and fill that Simmonds role, and no one else has stepped up.

As far as Kase, I think they want to see him show something before bring him up, he's been injured and hasn't done much at LHV.

Pitlick in the top 6 never makes sense.

Absurd that you believed TK didn't belong in the top 9, but are perfectly comfortable with Pitlick in the top 6.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
If all these injuries can’t get a performing JVR to a top 9 line — instead saddling him with an EIHL player and another yet to establish himself in the NHL — I don’t know what to say about his status going forward. This seems pretty easy. We have multiple versatile wingers who can play either side (Giroux, Farabee, Lindblom), so that excuse doesn’t fly to me.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Pitlick in the top 6 never makes sense.

Absurd that you believed TK didn't belong in the top 9, but are perfectly comfortable with Pitlick in the top 6.

My point on TK was away from Couts he played at a 4th line level for the last three seasons according to advanced metrics.
That is, he wasn't a good fit with most centers and most lines, and didn't make his teammates better - and everyone looks good with Couts.
But you consistently ignore context to score "points." Does that make you feel like a smart guy on the internet?

I'm not "comfortable" with Pitlick in the "top 6", although the Hayes line will probably play as many minutes as the Frost line.
It's just the best of a bunch of bad alternatives. Pitlick will at least forecheck and get the puck to two top offensive players.

JVR's problem is the Flyers don't have a center who'd be a good fit outside Couts, and since they match Couts' line against the opponent's top line on a regular basis, he's not a good fit there. They tried him with Hayes, and the contrast with Laughton is stark.

Would he work with Patrick? Who knows since Patrick can't get on the ice.

So unless we trade for Bozak, my suspicion is JVR is headed out of town at some point, because he's a bit of a waste on the 4th line (though he's put up good metrics with Raffl and Pitlick, so maybe this was also about sending a message to him that he needs to focus on more than scoring points).

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
My point on TK was away from Couts he played at a 4th line level for the last three seasons according to advanced metrics.
That is, he wasn't a good fit with most centers and most lines, and didn't make his teammates better - and everyone looks good with Couts.
But you consistently ignore context to score "points." Does that make you feel like a smart guy on the internet?

I'm not "comfortable" with Pitlick in the "top 6", although the Hayes line will probably play as many minutes as the Frost line.
It's just the best of a bunch of bad alternatives. Pitlick will at least forecheck and get the puck to two top offensive players.

JVR's problem is the Flyers don't have a center who'd be a good fit outside Couts, and since they match Couts' line against the opponent's top line on a regular basis, he's not a good fit there. They tried him with Hayes, and the contrast with Laughton is stark.

Would he work with Patrick? Who knows since Patrick can't get on the ice.

So unless we trade for Bozak, my suspicion is JVR is headed out of town at some point, because he's a bit of a waste on the 4th line (though he's put up good metrics with Raffl and Pitlick, so maybe this was also about sending a message to him that he needs to focus on more than scoring points).

Yes, when you purposefully used statistics wrong it painted an incorrect portrait of TK. That was known. There's a reason why everyone else was right about him and you weren't.

Pitlick is precisely what you pretended TK was. So it's simply bizarre that you're so cool with him leaving the bottom.

Reactions: Striiker

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
"Wrong" is in the eye of the beholder. Your eye doesn't impress me, Beef, so you can impose your opinions on others.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
"Wrong" is in the eye of the beholder. Your eye doesn't impress me, Beef, so you can impose your opinions on others.

"Right" can be pretty objective. We both made claims about TK. Yours were wrong, mine were right.

And now you're granting a far less skilled player a degree of leeway you never granted TK. The double standards sure are something.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
"Right" can be pretty objective. We both made claims about TK. Yours were wrong, mine were right.

And now you're granting a far less skilled player a degree of leeway you never granted TK. The double standards sure are something.

upload_2019-12-10_16-51-40.jpeg

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
It's time for a reminder....points at ES:

TK 19
Couts 17
Jake 14
Lindblom 14
Hayes 13
JVR 13
Farabee 11
Laughton 9
Raffl 9
Pitlick 6
Frost 3

For all the "heat" JVR has gotten as well as having the worst linemates, he has done fine in comparison. We need Giroux and Frost to start converting on all the chances they have been creating. Is Pitlick the answer? Likely no. But Zach Hyman works well with Matthews due to going into the corners and getting the puck.

But JVR with Pimp and Stewart pretty much kills him. I personally would have run with:

Giroux Couts Farabee
JVR Frost Lindblom
Laughton Hayes Jake

Then barely play the 4th line.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Histronics are the norm around here.

AV and Fletcher I'm sure went over the options available from LHV, and if they thought Kase was ready, he'd be with the team.
For some reason they don't like NAK (neither has anyone else for that matter) and who else is a credible call up at this time? Maybe Andreoff but he's a LH.
When all is said and done, Pitlick will probably be 9th or 10th in ES minutes (plus some PK time), Vorobyev 11th and Stewart 12th.
Right now Pitlick is playing much better than Farabee, who is struggling.

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
All of these histrionics (abomination? atrocity?? lol) and Pitlick will probably be back on the 4th line by the 2nd period :laugh:

AV is definitely not married to these lines. He even said so himself.

I hope he gets 2 apples just for the back peddling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad