• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Watched the condensed game this morning. Very soft goals but good enough. Man is it depressing watching Karlsson limp all over the ice at that price tag. Wonder how many more years he can do that for.

Thank Goodness we didn't give him that stupid contract. 11.5M cap hit until 2027!

There were posters here that wanted to Panarin and EK during the summer. I didn't want either, but I especially didn't want EK because of the miles and injury history.

Fun Fact: Tony D has 2 less points in 2 less games than EK this year. :popcorn:

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
Thank Goodness we didn't give him that stupid contract. 11.5M cap hit until 2027!

There were posters here that wanted to Panarin and EK during the summer. I didn't want either, but I especially didn't want EK because of the miles and injury history.

Brian Leetch has zero points this year too.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019

id take Trouba over Karlsson everyday

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Dunno about y'all but I'd run with Georgie going forward like in he has the #1 gig and Hank will get his games but in more of a 70-30 split.

I don't know what it is or why but the team seems to play better with him between the pipes. This is not to take anything from the King as he's been a great great Ranger and he still can be effective but it's really time for the torch to officially be passed on.

Tonight was a perfect example of what I'm talking about. Georgie wasn't amazing tonight but he didn't need to be as he really wasn't too busy which is a rarity for any Ranger goalie. But he came thru when he needed too and the team once again responded and Georgie gets another W.

I don't know if it's going to be done what I'm suggesting but I have a strong hunch that Quinn, Allaire and the rest of the staff are seriously considering that for the benefit of this Ranger team, this is the route that needs to be taken.

.We shalt see shortly if I'm correct but I would not be surprised in the least that we have now seen the passing of the torch from Hanky to Georgie...it's time!...:nod:
Odd timing for this as I thought this was one of Georgie's weakest games of the season. Don't think he made a tough save all night. 3 goals against on 18 shots.

Not taking anything away from him, he's been great lately but last night is not one I would put him having anything really to do with us winning. 50-50 split is what I want to see.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Jones looked like he was playing roller hockey. I don’t know what he was doing. 3 goals went thru him. Just zero ability to stay compact. Not able to hold his post. I mean routine technical stuff just abysmal. On Panarin’s first goal he actually is across the crease fine and set for a second and then just panics completely opens up like he’s on roller blades and gets beat thru him instead of just sliding over staying compact and square to Panarin.

the other one short side off his post for some reason. Fast beats him thru the arm.

Mika’s goal thru a screen I’ll give him benefit of the doubt. But Mika’s other one beats him high blocker while he’s actually standing up is almost impossible lol. Didn’t get beat on his knees over the shoulder some how got beat high while standing up lol.

I mean horrible goaltending they’ve been dealing with all year. We deserved to win he got lucky multiple times when he had no clue how he saved the shot but man was he terrible

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
As up and down as we’ve been lately we’re on a 92 point pace. I think we continue to get better I do. We’re going to lose Kreider yes but I think the kids get better. Kakko and Chytil are on the verge. I think Mika gets better and I think Georgiev gets more starts than hank.

I could see us around 94 96 points. That would be what a 20 pt improvement over last year?

Reactions: Alexei Kovalev 27

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida

Fun Fact: Tony D has 2 less points in 2
less games than EK this year. :popcorn:
Fun fact: Tony has a lot more points than many more defenseman than EK!

Didn't want EK either. Way too close to EEKS!
THRILLED Gorton didn't pass on Panarin, there is just no way we develop anyone as good as he, okay small chance.....but the time frame of "immediate gratification" cannot be duplicated nor surpassed. Finally we grab someone that seems like he won't be a waste on broadway.

Reactions: NYRangers16

Good Intentions

Mar 30, 2018
As up and down as we’ve been lately we’re on a 92 point pace. I think we continue to get better I do. We’re going to lose Kreider yes but I think the kids get better. Kakko and Chytil are on the verge. I think Mika gets better and I think Georgiev gets more starts than hank.

I could see us around 94 96 points. That would be what a 20 pt improvement over last year?

my fellow Kovalev, far too early for such talk. This story could go a number of ways into 2020. One thing is certain, I’m very encouraged and absolutely love the makeup, chemistry, and intangibles of our leading cast.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Hopefully this game will be the start of something new. Like....not passing up opportunities to shoot. Much better shot selection and much more traffic. Last year the mantra was "its your puck" and "don't be denied". Whatever happened to that?
Okay, Enough of the past......now let's do it again. Win or lose next game......it's about the mindset. Right?

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
He did?

I thought he had a pretty good game. Lots of good work down low forechecking and he made a good defensive play at the point leading to one of our goals.

He was a -3 which is only possible if he's on ice for all the goals against last night and for none of the 5v5 goals for. Now that could be more coincidental than anything else but he was like a +8 player a couple weeks ago and now is a -1 and it's not like the team is slumping.

That said I like him with Mika and Kreider. If any combination of linemates gets him going again I think the best would be those two.

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
I only
Jones looked like he was playing roller hockey. I don’t know what he was doing. 3 goals went thru him. Just zero ability to stay compact. Not able to hold his post. I mean routine technical stuff just abysmal. On Panarin’s first goal he actually is across the crease fine and set for a second and then just panics completely opens up like he’s on roller blades and gets beat thru him instead of just sliding over staying compact and square to Panarin.

the other one short side off his post for some reason. Fast beats him thru the arm.

Mika’s goal thru a screen I’ll give him benefit of the doubt. But Mika’s other one beats him high blocker while he’s actually standing up is almost impossible lol. Didn’t get beat on his knees over the shoulder some how got beat high while standing up lol.

I mean horrible goaltending they’ve been dealing with all year. We deserved to win he got lucky multiple times when he had no clue how he saved the shot but man was he terrible
Caught half the 3rd period but the SJ broadcast mentioned that Jones was was too deep on the second Mika goal which is how he got beat high while standing. It happens to Hank as well occasionally when he doesn't anticipate well. In this case it was a broken play followed by two smart and quick touch passes first by Fast and second by Kreider and then Mika let it go without hesitation. Zbad being on his ass 3 seconds before the shot, combined with the quick short passes and you get really very little time to anticipate the shot coming to challenge. And 93/100 times that shot ends up hitting Jones or going wide even without challenging. Perfectly roofed shot and a perfect leadup not giving Jones time to anticipate.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
He did?

I thought he had a pretty good game. Lots of good work down low forechecking and he made a good defensive play at the point leading to one of our goals.
What I saw was a little of both, which really isn't a GOOD thing. I see a good backchecker that seems to break up a lot of plays, I see a lot of neutral zone turnovers that turns it the other way and seems to hardly ever win a battle. "IF" he ever engages to begin with. Also......he has become way too much of a wannabe playmaker looking to make that "pretty play" that the whole team is guilty of. When was the last time he actually SHOT, or made a play like Chytil did last night where it was him and him alone? that wasnt blocked? Seems stagnant and is NOT getting better, which isnt good. We need him to be better.
Let's see if this works. EVERY TIME I get on someone, they seem to get it in gear. :crossfing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad