Post-Game Talk: #31 - 12/12/19 | RANGERS @ sharks | 10:30 - MSG

Three Stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Ill reiterate what I’ve said since the summer I just want them in the playoff race thru the end of the season make it or not. I think that sort of massive improvement would mean Trouba Panarin Mika and the kids all took significant steps forward and we’d be really ready to roll next season as threat. Youngest team in the league that would be quite the accomplishment finished plus 20 points YOY

As I just said a few minutes ago, we are on the same page. This year is gravy...contend for a bubble spot. Let the kids get a feel for what a playoff push looks like and what important games in March are like.

Next year however is the year we make our first playoff appearance in 4 years. Next year the expectations go up triple fold. Not talking Cup contenders...I'm talking make the playoffs next year is a must.

2021 is when we can start to feel as if this team could be ready to make a long playoff run....maybe win a round or two. Be dangerouse is what I'd expect and who knows maybe pull a Carolina type run to the ECF.

2022 is the year I'd anticipate that we'd be ready to make a true legitimate Cup run. The kids who we have currently would now have 3-4 years under the belt. Prospects like Miller, Robertson, Shestyorkin will have likely been in the league for a couple of seasons and players like Bread, Mika will still be in their primes and so we should be ready to go on real nice run with a 5-7 year window to bring a Cup or two to MSG.

Yeah I'm projecting a bit but so what? IMO, I'm being realistic and it's kind of fun to do this and think about how bright the future looks for what I believe will be one of the elite teams in the league in a few more years from now...:naughty:

Reactions: PuckLuck3043

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
Putting back Strome with Panarin and Kreids with Zibad payed huge dividends last night.

First two stars are obvious but the 3rd is tough. Kreids, Fast, Strome, and Chytil deserve mention. On Panarin's first goal,...

Strome got him the pass by stick checking a defender and pickpocketing the puck from him, while surrounded by 3 other defenders. That was an awesome play by him.

Kreid's play made it possible for Zibad to score both his goals. First with a great screen in front to tie it in 3rd, and second with primary assist on Zibad's game winner.

Fast was key on Zibad's game winner, along with Kreider. And also scored on Chyil's great set up. He also had other numerous chances and great defensive plays. His best game to date.

Chytil was buzzing the net all game with confidence in what was a surprisingly limited time on ice. (under 11 minutes).

Why was Lemieux out ?

yada

move 2 dallas 4 work
Nov 6, 2006
watching happy pony
I’ve considered starting watching opposing teams broadcasts instead because I’m interested to hear their thoughts on our rebuild
Do most of you guys always watch our broadcast?

I watch opposing feeds sometimes if its a good announcing crew. Sharks and bolts games i always watch randy hahn and rick peckham to hear the differing thoughts on our team and also because they are good announcers.

When the rangers play the caps I also like to watch joe beninati on occasion.

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
Ill reiterate what I’ve said since the summer I just want them in the playoff race thru the end of the season make it or not. I think that sort of massive improvement would mean Trouba Panarin Mika and the kids all took significant steps forward and we’d be really ready to roll next season as threat. Youngest team in the league that would be quite the accomplishment finished plus 20 points YOY
At some point we will need to address what's necessary to make an extended playoff run. And that game in L.A. showed how we don't stack up well against heavy teams. Big, strong defenders that collapse when managing a lead. I knew we would not roll over them, due to their recent poor record. We don't stack up well against them. And until we do, makes no sense to even make the playoffs. Most playoff teams are big, strong, heavy teams.

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
Putting back Strome with Panarin and Kreids with Zibad payed huge dividends last night.

First two stars are obvious but the 3rd is tough. Kreids, Fast, Strome, and Chytil deserve mention. On Panarin's first goal,...

Strome got him the pass by stick checking a defender and pickpocketing the puck from him, while surrounded by 3 other defenders. That was an awesome play by him.

Kreid's play made it possible for Zibad to score both his goals. First with a great screen in front to tie it in 3rd, and second with primary assist on Zibad's game winner.

Fast was key on Zibad's game winner, along with Kreider. And also scored on Chyil's great set up. He also had other numerous chances and great defensive plays. His best game to date.

Chytil was buzzing the net all game with confidence in what was a surprisingly limited time on ice. (under 11 minutes).

Why was Lemieux out ?
Undisclosed injury. Day to day.

Reactions: ohbaby

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
He did?

I thought he had a pretty good game. Lots of good work down low forechecking and he made a good defensive play at the point leading to one of our goals.
I’m with you. I think Buch defensively has actually been pretty strong on the puck lately. That would actually be a good question for Vince to ask DQ. Would like to get the coach’s perspective on how Buch and others are developing defensively. To my untrained eyes I’m seeing positives.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Fun fact: xGF is a crappy stat.
And why this personal vendetta against him?
Are you suggesting that Quinn is only playing him because of his salary and is TOTALLY useless and hurting this TEAM? What makes you or any other bashing him think they know better than Quinn and what is good for this team is beyond me.
He did sit him prior to injury, right? Hayek out, Staal in.......then who else should play? This team needs defensive experience. Sorry.
Exactly. Why would the coach go against his own interest? I agree Staal leaves much to be desired but at the same time I think he brings some value.

Reactions: Maximus
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad