Three Stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Fun Fact: Marc Staal has been on the + side of xGF twice this year.

Why are we still running him out there?
Fun fact: xGF is a crappy stat.
And why this personal vendetta against him?
Are you suggesting that Quinn is only playing him because of his salary and is TOTALLY useless and hurting this TEAM? What makes you or any other bashing him think they know better than Quinn and what is good for this team is beyond me.
He did sit him prior to injury, right? Hayek out, Staal in.......then who else should play? This team needs defensive experience. Sorry.

Reactions: egelband and Vinny

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
As up and down as we’ve been lately we’re on a 92 point pace. I think we continue to get better I do. We’re going to lose Kreider yes but I think the kids get better. Kakko and Chytil are on the verge. I think Mika gets better and I think Georgiev gets more starts than hank.

I could see us around 94 96 points. That would be what a 20 pt improvement over last year?

I'm going to miss Kreider but we can't afford him and he isn't worth 7 mil per. I'm hoping we can get a first for him.

Reactions: NYRangers16

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
Missed this one, the entire California trip so far to be honest. Does anyone know why Chytil is playing 10 minutes per night?
Well, last night IMO it had to do with the fact that they had loaded the first two lines with all their top talent, and outside of Chytil, had pluggers playing the bottom 6. If Lemieux had skated, he would have received more time.

Reactions: Fvital92

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
I'm watching the game again on MSG as I missed most of it last night. Trouba had an awful game. WTF was he doing on the sharks 3rd goal? Terrible.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
Had a hockey game and ended up in the hospital with a knee injury last night so I didn’t get to watch this game till later. I try not spoiling the score when I’m PVR’ing it, funny thing is last game against LA I accidentally opened Twitter to see the Ranger post with the graphic saying Panarin scored. Then the exact same thing happened again last night :laugh: but at this point Panarin scoring isn’t really a spoiler as it’s a given.

1. Panarin
2. Zibanejad
3. Kakko

I thought Kakko looked a lot faster last night

Reactions: Kovalev27

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
I’m watching the sharks broadcast right now and they are just praising our youth, youngest team in the league, they mentioned our point pace vs last year and calling Mika a stud just an all zones stud. We take some things for granted here. We’re poised for a really good run over the next few years with this group imo.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Amazing the amount of Rangers fans at that game last night the cheering after goals the LGR chant late and the cheering after the game you’d never know it wasn’t a home game. Pretty wild how Rangers fans travel to games.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
I’m watching the sharks broadcast right now and they are just praising our youth, youngest team in the league, they mentioned our point pace vs last year and calling Mika a stud just an all zones stud. We take some things for granted here. We’re poised for a really good run over the next few years with this group imo.
I’ve considered starting watching opposing teams broadcasts instead because I’m interested to hear their thoughts on our rebuild
Do most of you guys always watch our broadcast?

Reactions: romba and Maximus

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Odd timing for this as I thought this was one of Georgie's weakest games of the season. Don't think he made a tough save all night. 3 goals against on 18 shots.

Not taking anything away from him, he's been great lately but last night is not one I would put him having anything really to do with us winning. 50-50 split is what I want to see.

My point was if you went back and see was that even with a “meh” type performance from Georgie, the team seems to respond in front of him better than they do the King.

His play also other than a game or two has been clearly superior pretty much all season, and so I would not have no problem at all if Georgie started to get the lion share of the platoon going forward.

And that’s not to take anything away from Hank...it’s just time that’s all to slowly but surely pass on the torch!

Mugless

Aug 26, 2004
Watching the Martin Jones style of play reminded me of the black and white footage of old goalies when they used to play without a mask.

Reactions: mandiblesofdoom

Embryo

LGR Check out my music.
Oct 7, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
www.youtube.com
Just saw the highlights, was not disappointed. Quite impressed. Great road win for this team, whether you want us to tank or not, that was nice. Trouba looked ridiculous on that Dillon goal, idk wtf he was doing, but great resilience by our best players fighting and coming back. Jones let in a few weak ones, but I'll take it. Zeb and Panarin, goddamn I love these guys!!

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
I’ve considered starting watching opposing teams broadcasts instead because I’m interested to hear their thoughts on our rebuild

Now that we live in Boston I’ll check out the opponent broadcasts occasionally on center ice and it’s a lot of that. Sharks guys are pretty good though. The

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Fun fact: xGF is a crappy stat.
And why this personal vendetta against him?
Are you suggesting that Quinn is only playing him because of his salary and is TOTALLY useless and hurting this TEAM? What makes you or any other bashing him think they know better than Quinn and what is good for this team is beyond me.
He did sit him prior to injury, right? Hayek out, Staal in.......then who else should play? This team needs defensive experience. Sorry.

It’s not a crappy stat. It’s not perfect, but calling it crappy just shows a complete lack of understanding of what it is and what it represents.

he sucks and makes everyone around him worse. That’s my issue with him. He shouldn’t be playing and once they get healthy on D, he better be a frequent scratch.

They gave better options in Hartford and on the team, one of them is playing on our 4th line.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley

I only watch MSG broadcasts with Sam and Joe, except when we play Devils and Piles, then I watch those idiots sometimes until I can't stand it anymore.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
As up and down as we’ve been lately we’re on a 92 point pace. I think we continue to get better I do. We’re going to lose Kreider yes but I think the kids get better. Kakko and Chytil are on the verge. I think Mika gets better and I think Georgiev gets more starts than hank.

I could see us around 94 96 points. That would be what a 20 pt improvement over last year?

And just like Montreal last year who got squeezed out of the playoffs by a point even tho they ended up with 96, I can easily see us within 2-3 points of a playoff spot but just miss out. But yeah, that would be quite the improvement but you can also see slowly but surely how talented this team we have is. I mean shit, there are some games like tonight even where we really didn't play that good but our best players outplayed the opponents best players.

IMO anything we do this year was a bonus as far as record wise. This year is all about the kids and seeing them grow and develop. And oh yeah see how that guy Panarin fits in. But you gotta admit, so far so good this year as pretty much everything that we wanted is happening other than Kravstsov being in Russia as his not being here is really the only blemish on what has been a phenomenal rebuild orchestrated by Gorton.

Reactions: PuckLuck3043

Whoot Whoot

Biased Rangers Fan
Feb 28, 2007
Los Angeles
I only watch MSG broadcasts with Sam and Joe, except when we play Devils and Piles, then I watch those idiots sometimes until I can't stand it anymore.

I often have to watch them due to blackouts and NHL Network coverage - you might hear them say kind stuff about Bread and George but for the most part it is mindless homer banter about the other team.

Stay with Sam and Joe

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA

I actually do most of the time watch the opposing teams broadcast.

Like you say, I like to hear what these other TV crews are saying and thinking about us and the rebuild that is going on.

Now do note, I watch alot of hockey for fantasy reasons and so I'm pretty familiar with most teams TV crews. A couple of good ones for you to check out.... Ironically Randy Hahn the pbp guy of the Sharks is superb and he loves what we are doing. He couldn't stop saying enough good things about Bread and Kakko.

If you get a chance and you have the capability to do so as I do, I'd definitely check out opposing teams broadcasts like Carolina's broadcast seeing John Forslund and Trip Tracy are very good. I like the Capitals TV duo...forget their names.

The Red Wing TV team is quite good. I happen to love the Boston team of Jack Edwards and Andy Brickley not so much because they are blatant homers which makes me laugh but because they are actually entertaining and they both know their hockey.

One more team to check out if you get a chance. We don't play them much but if you get a chance to check out Colorado, their team of John Mosher and Peter McNab is a very good listen and if I recall as I watch them alot seeing I own 4 Avalanche players on my $$ team, McNabb was talking about our rebuild and Kakko and they thought we were very impressive.

There are some other good TV crews out there I omitted but yes, if you get a chance watch a few as it's pretty cool to see what they are saying about us which is usually quite positive.

Reactions: EdJovanovski

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
It’s not a crappy stat. It’s not perfect, but calling it crappy just shows a complete lack of understanding of what it is and what it represents.

he sucks and makes everyone around him worse. That’s my issue with him. He shouldn’t be playing and once they get healthy on D, he better be a frequent scratch.

They gave better options in Hartford and on the team, one of them is playing on our 4th line.
I think he retires at the end of this year

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Ill reiterate what I’ve said since the summer I just want them in the playoff race thru the end of the season make it or not. I think that sort of massive improvement would mean Trouba Panarin Mika and the kids all took significant steps forward and we’d be really ready to roll next season as threat. Youngest team in the league that would be quite the accomplishment finished plus 20 points YOY

Reactions: ohbaby
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->