Post-Game Talk: #31 - 12/12/19 | RANGERS @ sharks | 10:30 - MSG

Three Stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
what's crazy is this is only Panarin's 5th year in the NHL Only 2 more than Chytil and Lias

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Anzi

May 16, 2019
Boston
Howden has quietly looked a lot better the last couple weeks. It started right around that game he had the awesome backhand assist. I feel like he's actually making plays with the puck now.

Anyone have his fancy stats from the last handful of games? Curious if they match what I think I've been seeing out there.

From start of the month: 32.61% CF, 36.38% xGF

Player Season Totals - Natural Stat Trick

Nickmo82

Mar 31, 2012
Japan
Howden has quietly looked a lot better the last couple weeks. It started right around that game he had the awesome backhand assist. I feel like he's actually making plays with the puck now.

Anyone have his fancy stats from the last handful of games? Curious if they match what I think I've been seeing out there.

With Mika back he's actually playing in a role that isn't beyond him.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Dunno about y'all but I'd run with Georgie going forward like in he has the #1 gig and Hank will get his games but in more of a 70-30 split.

I don't know what it is or why but the team seems to play better with him between the pipes. This is not to take anything from the King as he's been a great great Ranger and he still can be effective but it's really time for the torch to officially be passed on.

Tonight was a perfect example of what I'm talking about. Georgie wasn't amazing tonight but he didn't need to be as he really wasn't too busy which is a rarity for any Ranger goalie. But he came thru when he needed too and the team once again responded and Georgie gets another W.

I don't know if it's going to be done what I'm suggesting but I have a strong hunch that Quinn, Allaire and the rest of the staff are seriously considering that for the benefit of this Ranger team, this is the route that needs to be taken.

.We shalt see shortly if I'm correct but I would not be surprised in the least that we have now seen the passing of the torch from Hanky to Georgie...it's time!...:nod:

Smart Alek

Jul 13, 2002
I just finished watching this game. Now was it just me, or was that the worst camera work you've ever seen? Ultra-zoom the whole time, where you can only see two or three players, losing all perspective of what's happening on the ice. Never before has watching hockey made me nauseous. Why, I'm so mad I could... well, I could write a letter!

Reactions: NYRangers16

Whoot Whoot

Biased Rangers Fan
Feb 28, 2007
Los Angeles
George didn’t make any saves like he did last week but he didn’t let in any softies. Hank did ok in LA but that second goal was super soft.

Either way happy to not have a Jones in net

Dunno about y'all but I'd run with Georgie going forward like in he has the #1 gig and Hank will get his games but in more of a 70-30 split.

I don't know what it is or why but the team seems to play better with him between the pipes. This is not to take anything from the King as he's been a great great Ranger and he still can be effective but it's really time for the torch to officially be passed on.

Tonight was a perfect example of what I'm talking about. Georgie wasn't amazing tonight but he didn't need to be as he really wasn't too busy which is a rarity for any Ranger goalie. But he came thru when he needed too and the team once again responded and Georgie gets another W.

I don't know if it's going to be done what I'm suggesting but I have a strong hunch that Quinn, Allaire and the rest of the staff are seriously considering that for the benefit of this Ranger team, this is the route that needs to be taken.

.We shalt see shortly if I'm correct but I would not be surprised in the least that we have now seen the passing of the torch from Hanky to Georgie...it's time!...:nod:

Bread4Life

Dec 13, 2019
Russia, Yekaterinburg
Especially considering he scored two goals in WJC gold medal game against Canada

You know funny thing bout that? Russian head coach Valery Bragin took Panara to the team in last moment. It's all about his small size. But his hockey IQ is sooooo damn good. And with age he develop in one of the best russian player. And definitely most lovely to watch.

Last edited:

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY

It's a generational thing. Georgie is a contemporary and has grown up with a lot of these guys. Henrik is the angry old man.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Had a blast at the game tonight. Tons of Rangers fans in the building and a few Potvin sucks broke out (hate it at MSG, it's great on the road)

Most of all, a great time out with my dad who got to see the wonders of Zibanejad and Panarin tonight. It's amazing we have two fantastic pieces to build around and all the young guys get to learn from them.

Don't get to spend a ton of time with with my dad living in NYC and him in San Jose, so I treasure these moments. Hearing all the stories from others on here and how they've lost their loved ones make me cherish these even more.

20191212_220113.jpg

n8

WAAAAAAA!!!
Nov 7, 2002
san francisco
Visit site
what's crazy is this is only Panarin's 5th year in the NHL Only 2 more than Chytil and Lias
but he has 8 years of age, development, and experience on them. At 2o years of age, Panarin played 50 games in the KHL and scored 31 points and would go on to play 3 more seasons there before coming to the NHL so really people should give Lias and Chytil 3 years if they want to see if they will turn into top flight talents. For now, I just want to see those kids learn the game and put in an honest effort, learn from their mistakes. Loving Fil's transition since coming back from the pack. Can't say Crosby never did anything for us now. I hope they have Lias watching the same tapes. Maybe they can get Kravtsov some Patrick Kane & Kucherov tapes when he rejoins the Pack.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
but he has 8 years of age, development, and experience on them. At 2o years of age, Panarin played 50 games in the KHL and scored 31 points and would go on to play 3 more seasons there before coming to the NHL so really people should give Lias and Chytil 3 years if they want to see if they will turn into top flight talents. For now, I just want to see those kids learn the game and put in an honest effort, learn from their mistakes. Loving Fil's transition since coming back from the pack. Can't say Crosby never did anything for us now. I hope they have Lias watching the same tapes. Maybe they can get Kravtsov some Patrick Kane & Kucherov tapes when he rejoins the Pack.
Totally understand the age difference and more developmental time. Just feels like he's been around longer at the NHL level than just 4 previous years. IDK. Maybe cause he's accomplished so much already with three different teams. Wasn't trying to disparage Lias/Chytil at all (especially the latter who you can tell has the tools to be a very good player).

Reactions: egelband

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Had a blast at the game tonight. Tons of Rangers fans in the building and a few Potvin sucks broke out (hate it at MSG, it's great on the road)

Most of all, a great time out with my dad who got to see the wonders of Zibanejad and Panarin tonight. It's amazing we have two fantastic pieces to build around and all the young guys get to learn from them.

Don't get to spend a ton of time with with my dad living in NYC and him in San Jose, so I treasure these moments. Hearing all the stories from others on here and how they've lost their loved ones make me cherish these even more.

View attachment 290911
Yeah, you should...and then some.

Reactions: JimmyG89
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad