Post-Game Talk: #30 - 12/10/19 | RANGERS @ kings | 10:30 - MSG 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Dustin Brown is a piece of ****.
I have always thought he is one of the dirtiest players in the league. What he did to Panarin is so bush league. Kicking his leg out from under him. Could have cut him, could have made him pull a muscle or worse. Tricks of the trade and SHAME on the refs for NOT catching that. He did a few other things similar, but that was the worst. Finally got a penalty that he thought wasnt. Complaining about 1 call, when he should have had at least e or 4. f*** him and their piece of shit team/organization.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I mean statistically Kakko should have scored another goal by now, so hopefully it happens on his first shot next game. He’s been a little frustrating to watch, and had some pucks gift wrapped for him one by Panarin last game and last night by Fox. Keep having to telling myself he is only 18yo, so have to be patient. But I do like the effort.

Reactions: NYRangers16

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
I mean statistically Kakko should have scored another goal by now, so hopefully it happens on his first shot next game. He’s been a little frustrating to watch, and had some pucks gift wrapped for him one by Panarin last game and last night by Fox. Keep having to telling myself he is only 18yo, so have to be patient. But I do like the effort.

If his trajectory of "thinking the game at NHL pace" follows Chytil's, then everything will be fine. Right now, he's just a half-step to a step behind. When he can start anticipating plays and be able to freely think one move ahead, he will be god (not a misspelling).

Reactions: Leonardo87

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Game was unbelievably boring. 1/2 step behind a SLOW, crappy team like L.A. They scrapped and caused us to make one bad pass after another. No cohesion on our part whatsoever. Kept waiting and waiting for us to do SOMETHING that resembled a comeback. But, we had literally NO pushback. Kudos to Brady and Smith. They tried.
Noticed one play with 4 players scrapping along the boards......Kreider on the outside looking in.......I dont know, maybe get in there, use your body and separate a King from being there? Crush the dude! Yeah, I am pissed.

This team is so unpredictable, its not even funny.
Seems we beat teams we have NO business beating and conversely lose to teams we should beat. Go figure. I can't......no one can.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Now we will destroy a little better team in San José, by having a good forecheck, playing cohesive hockey, playing smart and our skill shines with a solid 6-2 win.......and then get manhandled by Anaheim.......right? Thats the way its been going.

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
If his trajectory of "thinking the game at NHL pace" follows Chytil's, then everything will be fine. Right now, he's just a half-step to a step behind. When he can start anticipating plays and be able to freely think one move ahead, he will be god (not a misspelling).

Yeah he is showing glimpses of being a stud. So won’t get on his case , because of his age. This was a trap game, literally. Lol.

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Now we will destroy a little better team in San José, by having a good forecheck, playing cohesive hockey, playing smart and our skill shines with a solid 6-2 win.......and then get manhandled by Anaheim.......right? Thats the way its been going.

Anaheim has actually been better than San Jose this season. They have had the worst luck, and likely given the short end of the reffing stick the most in the league. Missing both of their top D pairing for significant time has set them back.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Did Quinn actually move Chytil to wing?

Also this team is consistently being pinned in their end and not having the puck. Can’t win long term like that

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
I don't think Quinn can do any better, tbh. He's been operating at his limits for a while now. Time for him to re-tool and try again somewhere else.

A team playing at the level expected or better is an example of a deficiency in coaching?

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
I just don't understand how a team that inarguably upgraded at every position is this unwatchable, even when they win.

Reactions: DanielBrassard

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I just don't understand how a team that inarguably upgraded at every position is this unwatchable, even when they win.

They have been watchable in a lot of games, and others not so much, That Vegas game, outside of the first 5-10 mins, they looked very good. They are a young team so the ups and downs are expected. Just gotta hope for more ups though. They have been very entertaining this year, and look forward to going to games again, last year I really embraced the tank so it was not fun.

Reactions: wafflepadsave

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
Did Quinn actually move Chytil to wing?

Also this team is consistently being pinned in their end and not having the puck. Can’t win long term like that

I think it was just Quinn shuffling lines trying to get a rally going. He'll be back in his center position next game, I'm sure.

The team has gotten a tad more aggressive on the opponent's point men--hence we're seeing a bit more shots being blocked--but it just looks like when the shot does get through, we are a step slow in getting to the rebound, especially when the rebound goes to the high slot area. While this is true for every team, since defenders are naturally playing on reaction, it's a more glaring weakness for us. You'd like to see just a bit more gap control between checkers up at the points and the checkers covering the circles and front of the net. But the style being played is a deep collapse. It's a style because maybe the staff thinks this is a young team, and playing this bend-but-don't-break kind of way--bleeding shots but trying to minimize HDSCs (key word being "trying")--is better than constantly have the young defenders being turnstiled.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
They have been watchable in a lot of games, and others not so much, That Vegas game, outside of the first 5-10 mins, they looked very good. They are a young team so the ups and downs are expected. Just gotta hope for more ups though. They have been very entertaining this year, and look forward to going to games again, last year I really embraced the tank so it was not fun.

They've been entertaining this year, which is way more than I can say about last year, but they are in every way a worse performing team than they were last year. Last year's team was garbage no two ways about it and while this team is young and not expected to be that good, they should be performing considerably better than last years.

And I could buy the "their so young" excuse if their weaknesses weren't so consistent and omnipresent among the entire lineup. It's not just some bad periods were they get fired on 20 times, they're not NHL caliber defensively and two trick ponies offensively. pass the puck to Panarin or try a stupid stretch pass across two zones and hope the other team is sleeping. this team does not play with any pace, do not assert the way they want to play (whatever that is) on any team, or anything that requires some semblance of plan or structure and not just being hyper opportunistic. this is not year one for like 70% of this roster. I expect them to understand how to play NHL hockey at the very least. and most nights this team doesn't do that.

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
kreider is back to his invisible mode borrowed from rick nashs' locker. if there are any here entertaining a 6 yr deal at 7 mil for this guy please go directly to the ER. you are in need of attention. do not pass go.

im not really sure brett howden does enough to even warrant 10 min per night on line 4. he really does nothing. if he were no longer on this roster would he even be missed ?

henrik looking his age. poor rebound control and lack of everything georgie does well. hank flops and swims while george stays on his feet and moves laterally. go to the light henrik......

dustin brown- cup winner from ithaca, ny and a local kid who played syracuse stars junior hockey, is a royal PITA.

the trap isnt dead. it just moved from jersey to so cal.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Great game by Kakko. Really hope they dont split that line up because of one game.

Spot on. If you watched Kakko last night and didn’t come away saying man this kid is going to be a monster very soon I have to seriously question your sense of the sport.

Quick was unreal last night that’s why we lost. We get up on that team or tie it and they aren’t trapping all night. We’ve got a couple guys snake bitten right now but getting closer. Kakko and Chytil in particular. When they get one they’ll start to feel it.

Mika by the way flying under the radar needs to be better too and generate some offense he’s gotten some points but he’s most certainly got a couple more levels he can get to

I really hope he goes back to these lines for next game and doesn’t throw it out the window. We had an excellent start to this game before getting bogged down in the 2nd period

Reactions: The Crypto Guy

will1066

Oct 12, 2008

We're actually a pretty predictable team. When we play a team that likes to skate, we do well. When we play a team that likes to play tight or an aggressive forecheck, we're a@@.

And, besides, Tomas Hertl will put up another two or three on us tomorrow.

Reactions: leetch99

Deleted member 23124

Regarding the line changes....does anyone else think that (being such a young team), DQ should give lines more than a game or two to "gel".

If we're more concerned with development, wouldn't it make sense to keep likes that are working together for a stretch of games?

Deleted member 23124

We're actually a pretty predictable team. When we play a team that likes to skate, we do well. When we play a team that likes to play tight or an aggressive forecheck, we're a@@.

And, besides, Tomas Hertl will put up another two or three on us tomorrow.
We do have problems when we play teams with speeds.

NYROrtsFan

Feb 1, 2007
Couple things...

It's stupid to play Breadman with Zib. Bread creates offense no matter who's on his line so it's all just about finding who has any chemistry with him there. Fortunately, we already have that answer and it's Strome. Strome should be centering Bread. Makes no sense to use our 2nd best player with him right now because you aren't going to get a massive uptick in offense.

The main thing that does is push Howden down to the 4th line where he should be. The guy adds nothing. McKegg adds even less so he shouldnt' be on the ice.

Go back to the guys we know have chemistry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad