Post-Game Talk: #30 - 12/10/19 | RANGERS @ kings | 10:30 - MSG 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
Thought that was one of Kakko’s best efforts in a long long time. Hope he can build off it.

Refs really wanted to get home tonight eh? Absolutely ridiculous. Never ceases to amaze me how the NHL rulebook seems to get rewritten on a nightly basis. NYR easily could have had 6-10 PPs if this game was called the way some/most are.
Completely changes the game.

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
Not like we’ve had the better roster more often than that — if that. We have one of the worst rosters in the league. It’s frankly a miracle that we’re this close to a playoff spot.
Maybe. Perhaps I am overestimating the talent on this team, but you can't tell me we are less talented than last season yet the 5v5 play has been pitiful comparatively.

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
Thought that was one of Kakko’s best efforts in a long long time. Hope he can build off it.

Refs really wanted to get home tonight eh? Absolutely ridiculous. Never ceases to amaze me how the NHL rulebook seems to get rewritten on a nightly basis. NYR easily could have had 6-10 PPs if this game was called the way some/most are.
Their defense being “that’s just how they play.” That needs to end.

Anzi

May 16, 2019
Boston
After some of the recent wins, losing a game that we deserved to lose feels weird.

Reactions: Tob

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Some important players had good games. That’s something. Otherwise pretty painful game, as games against the Kings tend to be.

For the love of all that is holy, put Panarin back on the left side of the PP. Its so painful to see him on the right

Reactions: jacko23

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
They did not show up, plain and simple. They didn’t skate. They didn’t work hard. They were a step behind the play. They were dumping pucks in and not getting to them, with the defender easily able to retrieve the puck and move it up the ice. Its another game where they gave away points. They are a faster team than LAK. They are a better team. But they didn’t feel like imposing that or any will on them to win the game.

what will be most disappointing about this team is due to these crap inconsistencies with effort, they will miss the playoffs by 3-6 points and have minimal lottery chances to move up in the draft. Show up earn your points to make the playoffs and get these kids invaluable experience.

Reactions: eco's bones

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
Maybe. Perhaps I am overestimating the talent on this team, but you can't tell me we are less talented than last season yet the 5v5 play has been pitiful comparatively.
Fair point. AP has made a big difference. Strome performed while he was with AP; now he’s a ghost. We have two forwards who make those around them better. We have some forwards who can mooch but not generate. And then we have guys who just don’t have a clue. We have one star player; it’s laughable.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Game came down to Quick as I said on the game thread morphing into 2014 Quick.

He's been terrible all year long but once he see's Rangers uniforms he's a different guy. Guaranteed, his next game, he gives up 4-5 goals vs whoever his opponent as that's what he's been giving up all year.

Not terribly mad just a bit frustrated as tonight reminded me like we were playing vs the 2003 Devils as the KIngs cause they suck, trapped us all night long and a young team like ours just doesn't know how to react or play vs the trap apparently.

As usual as I simply give Panarin one of the top 3 stars every game, I also will give Kakko a vote as he was noticeable tonight. And I'll give my other vote to Fox cause he's always good.

We move on to San Jose and Anaheim now and hopefully if we all stay up late like this, we'll get a better effort from the boys. You gotta figure Quinn goes back to Georgie as let's be honest folks and no offense to the King as he's still a good goalie but Georgie is better than him at this point in their careers and Georgie deserves to run with the #1 job for now.

I'd think Quinn agrees with this line of thinking and so expect Georgie in between the pipes for both the Sharks and Ducks games.

Reactions: The S5

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
They did not show up, plain and simple. They didn’t skate. They didn’t work hard. They were a step behind the play. They were dumping pucks in and not getting to them, with the defender easily able to retrieve the puck and move it up the ice. Its another game where they gave away points. They are a faster team than LAK. They are a better team. But they didn’t feel like imposing that or any will on them to win the game.

what will be most disappointing about this team is due to these crap inconsistencies with effort, they will miss the playoffs by 3-6 points and have minimal lottery chances to move up in the draft. Show up earn your points to make the playoffs and get these kids invaluable experience.
For me, this was the Quick show, and the neutral zone clog is psychologically draining. And, once you get frustrated, it’s game over. I think that’s what happened. We tried to get around their simple trap with creativity. Our attempts got picked off. We got frustrated and tried getting more creative. Repeat.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
Some important players had good games. That’s something. Otherwise pretty painful game, as games against the Kings tend to be.

For the love of all that is holy, put Panarin back on the left side of the PP. Its so painful to see him on the right

He scoffed at AV's attempt to ruin him, when he scored from the right side tonight.

Good Intentions

Mar 30, 2018

absolutely right. Missed 6-8 legitimate calls, at minimum. Egregious and negligent for their “work@ - Big rush to leave the building, refs thought they could get away with it in LA.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
For me, this was the Quick show, and the neutral zone clog is psychologically draining. And, once you get frustrated, it’s game over. I think that’s what happened. We tried to get around their simple trap with creativity. Our attempts got picked off. We got frustrated and tried getting more creative. Repeat.

For me the Rangers have played the Kings like absolute ass since we were Tort's kinda Guys, and we just won in Vegas.

Good Intentions

Mar 30, 2018

this is also exactly right. Down 2-0, we pressed and forced it. Understandable - but we may as well have been down 20-0. Seen this game play out hundreds of times, the puck will not bounce our way. We push and press, LA pokes/clogs space and clears it. Repeat into an abyss. Game over.

Reactions: Cmox and CasusBelli

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Need to be adaptive. This is where you need better 3rd and 4th lines that can play the North South game, get pucks deep, get in on the forecheck, bang bodies, and wear the opposition down for lines 1 & 2. But instead we have Smith who was atrocious tonight anytime he tried handling the puck, and Howden who is a completely useless waste of space.

But we don’t have that so I guess sucks to suck. I mean there were cheap vets we couldve signed, theres been a few guys on waivers. But instead we get to keep watching those 2. Smith should be glued to the press box and Howden in the AHL.

Also Kreider...what a SOFT game. Not finishing checks. Just coasting. Terrible man.

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
Need to be adaptive. This is where you need better 3rd and 4th lines that can play the North South game, get pucks deep, get in on the forecheck, bang bodies, and wear the opposition down for lines 1 & 2. But instead we have Smith who was atrocious tonight anytime he tried handling the puck, and Howden who is a completely useless waste of space.

But we don’t have that so I guess sucks to suck. I mean there were cheap vets we couldve signed, theres been a few guys on waivers. But instead we get to keep watching those 2. Smith should be glued to the press box and Howden in the AHL.

Also Kreider...what a SOFT game. Not finishing checks. Just coasting. Terrible man.
Impossible for me to agree more adamantly.

Cmox

Jan 22, 2010
In the woods
absolutely right. Missed 6-8 legitimate calls, at minimum. Egregious and negligent for their “work@ - Big rush to leave the building, refs thought they could get away with it in LA.
They also got in the way and broke up plays more than once. It seems to happen a lot with the rangers. I don’t know if it’s the rangers always finding a refs skate or it’s just shit luck?

Reactions: Alexei Kovalev 27

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
this is also exactly right. Down 2-0, we pressed and forced it. Understandable - but we may as well have been down 20-0. Seen this game play out hundreds of times, the puck will not bounce our way. We push and press, LA pokes/clogs space and clears it. Repeat into an abyss. Game over.
Amazing that this is still considered entertainment.

Reactions: Alexei Kovalev 27

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Coach smoach, last play of the game 6 on 5 and they hover around a couple Kings not touching or even stick checking them. Just hovering.

Team has some serious beta personalities on it. Playoffs? They'll get run out of the arena in the first 5 minutes.
looks like Vally was right. Too many Euros .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad