Post-Game Talk: #30 - 12/10/19 | RANGERS @ kings | 10:30 - MSG 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Don't get me wrong. I really liked Hayes and Zucc, especially Hayes. But you're looking at comparables with their first years here, and one of them as an 18-yr-old. Next year, or the following year, the numbers shouldn't even be close enough to compare.
Right I’m just talking about this season.

Reactions: will1066

ponzu4u

Feb 27, 2013
That was a horrible game to watch made worse by actually paying for tickets... At least it's always fun that in Staples Center you can always rely on it being at LEAST 50% Rangers fans when the team's in town. And NYR fans aren't afraid to get talk back.

The refs were ATROCIOUS. The amount of shit being allowed behind the play was ridiculous. Several blown off-sides calls. Just stupid the shit the Kings were allowed to get away with.

Reactions: leetch99

DarkSideOfTheGoon

Dec 11, 2019
so Im a Queens/Long Island guy, moved to LA in October/2019. Was at the game last night.... a few things.... in case you Rangers Faithfuls were holding your breaths, KaKa is NOT Patrick Laine.... oh and Jack Hughes is NO Patrick Kane... with that being said, it would have been nice if the NYR would have left some goals scored from the LVK game for the sorry ass performance Tuesday night at the SC. It is apparent when Panarin/Z-jad aren't getting it going, the team is borderline directionless.

There's another issue, since the BI (business intelligence) frenzy has taken over the NHL's Management perspective, and all teams want to get young to the point that a 23 year old is a Veteran, guys like Barzal, Laine, Mathews, etc. have raised the bar so high that if you're not scoring 60 points by the age of 19/20 you're practically a bust draft. Does that mean that the throng of youngins' on the NYR are useless? No.... but will they be NYR for life? Not sure. KaKa isn't a disappointment by any means, BUT THE FACT that he isn't in double digits for Goals Scored is upsetting, very (was super hoping he would).

NOTES. POINTS. QUESTIONS:

i'm usually a huge Brandon Smith fan but his fight last night summed up the NYR game, NOT WILLING TO FIGHT.

Filip Heetul (i know), KaKa (Ka-ppo Ka-ko), Lias And, are not going to be 40 goal/season scorers (probably won't ever even break 30/35) - then again, when was the last time a Rangers draft pick was an Offensive superstar from a young age? I can't recall ... maybe just bad, bad luck.

Questions.... 1. What the F is Ryan Lindgren, Greg Mckegg doing in the NHL?!? watching them last night at the game was dreadful. Ryan looked Flat practically every Shift and Mckegg looked like he was waiting for the bell to sound so he could go to Habibi's in Westhood and smoke hookah after the game. He does this thing where he keeps looking to the ground like a guy whose being bullied. No attention to detail and kind of hard to see what Quinn sees in him. I Know he had a nice playoff run with Carolina last year but where's his head in the playoffs (would much rather see Boo getting the opportunity to be out there).

2. this Geogiev package... come Feb who stays and goes? Georgi, is he out ? If so, who leaves with him and why? Ryan Strome, whose usually busy doing something, didn't have the right umph last night... is he in managements plans after-all or will he continue to be a journeyman?

Last notes: I was hoping Lemieux would've picked on Kempe and slowed him down... the goals LAK scored were grinders, not tik tak toe. i didn't leave the game thinking the "better team" won but it goes to show the chinks in the NYR armor and the lack of leadership and push (or maybe the warmer weather is getting to them).
I think it's fair to say the NYR will not be winning the Stanley Cup this year , most likely will NOT make the playoffs either... but is this a team on the rise or just another version of the 2011 team? A very good team, but simply not good enough. Then, what needs to happen? And if trades do happen come Feb who indeed IS the best suitor(s)?

DarkSideOfTheGoon

Dec 11, 2019
5-0 to 0-2 , why didn't you bums save some of those goals for Tuesday night... ‍♀️

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191211-144223.png
    Screenshot_20191211-144223.png
    227 KB · Views: 1

DarkSideOfTheGoon

Dec 11, 2019
On a positive note, Lindgren had a great game.
i wwas at the game and he absolutely had a TERRIBLE GAME.... what did he do, thro th puck out and get off the ice, and quite often got caught in between plays. i'm not sure what he did do warrant a "good game"

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Sooo Kakko/Panarin is over a half a point per 60 better. That’s a pretty significant difference
It's per 60 not per game so it's not as big as it seems. Then you factor in the two-way play. However I was too lazy to look up their points per game, so it's possible the difference is larger.

Last edited:

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
so Im a Queens/Long Island guy, moved to LA in October/2019. Was at the game last night.... a few things.... in case you Rangers Faithfuls were holding your breaths, KaKa is NOT Patrick Laine.... oh and Jack Hughes is NO Patrick Kane... with that being said, it would have been nice if the NYR would have left some goals scored from the LVK game for the sorry ass performance Tuesday night at the SC. It is apparent when Panarin/Z-jad aren't getting it going, the team is borderline directionless.

There's another issue, since the BI (business intelligence) frenzy has taken over the NHL's Management perspective, and all teams want to get young to the point that a 23 year old is a Veteran, guys like Barzal, Laine, Mathews, etc. have raised the bar so high that if you're not scoring 60 points by the age of 19/20 you're practically a bust draft. Does that mean that the throng of youngins' on the NYR are useless? No.... but will they be NYR for life? Not sure. KaKa isn't a disappointment by any means, BUT THE FACT that he isn't in double digits for Goals Scored is upsetting, very (was super hoping he would).

i'm usually a huge Brandon Smith fan but his fight last night summed up the NYR game, NOT WILLING TO FIGHT.

Filip Heetul (i know), KaKa (Ka-ppo Ka-ko), Lias And, are not going to be 40 goal/season scorers (probably won't ever even break 30/35) - then again, when was the last time a Rangers draft pick was an Offensive superstar from a young age? I can't recall ... maybe just bad, bad luck.

Questions.... 1. What the F is Ryan Lindgren, Greg Mckegg doing in the NHL?!? watching them last night at the game was dreadful. Ryan looked Flat practically every Shift and Mckegg looked like he was waiting for the bell to sound so he could go to Habibi's in Westhood and smoke hookah after the game. He does this thing where he keeps looking to the ground like a guy whose being bullied. No attention to detail and kind of hard to see what Quinn sees in him. I Know he had a nice playoff run with Carolina last year but where's his head in the playoffs (would much rather see Boo getting the opportunity to be out there).

2. this Geogiev package... come Feb who stays and goes? Georgi, is he out ? If so, who leaves with him and why? Ryan Strome, whose usually busy doing something, didn't have the right umph last night... is he in managements plans after-all or will he continue to be a journeyman?

Last notes: I was hoping Lemieux would've picked on Kempe and slowed him down... the goals LAK scored were grinders, not tik tak toe. i didn't leave the game thinking the "better team" won but it goes to show the chinks in the NYR armor and the lack of leadership and push (or maybe the warmer weather is getting to them).
I think it's fair to say the NYR will not be winning the Stanley Cup this year , most likely will NOT make the playoffs either... but is this a team on the rise or just another version of the 2011 team? A very good team, but simply not good enough. Then, what needs to happen? And if trades do happen come Feb who indeed IS the best suitor(s)?

I like this post, and I'm also glad to see that ICP are fans of the Rangers.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
I like this post, and I'm also glad to see that ICP are fans of the Rangers.

Lol...figured you'd like this dudes off the rails post as you've been known to compose a tangent drift or two over the years. I say it with affection but we all know including you what I'm talking about.

I actually had to check while half way thru this post you liked so much that the dude who wrote it wasn't you...lol....:naughty:

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
Lol...figured you'd like this dudes off the rails post as you've been known to compose a tangent drift or two over the years. I say it with affection but we all know including you what I'm talking about.

I actually had to check while half way thru this post you liked so much that the dude who wrote it wasn't you...lol....:naughty:

I liked the post though?

Idk why you be saddened by good advice?

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Anaheim has actually been better than San Jose this season. They have had the worst luck, and likely given the short end of the reffing stick the most in the league. Missing both of their top D pairing for significant time has set them back.
Thanks, not even going to pretend I watch a lot of west coast games......Anaheim imo......had an amazingly tough big team at one time......how they never won a cup during their "window" is beyond me. I guess goaltending was the culprit.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
The issue is whatever line bread is on is the first line and will get first line centers matched up against. Strome gets killed in those match ups. You want Mika out there. Gotta give them some time. He’s just back from injury. They crushed it before he got hurt.

by the way was pointed out on Twitter Kakko got another phantom -1? What’s this about? happens a lot to him. Wasn’t on for any goals against.
Not sure the reason, maybe he was just coming on? Anyway, they could make that improve that +/- stat simply by giving the "-" to the player going OFF the ice, it is more his negative than ANYONE just getting on.
And vice versa, player"A" started the rush up ice, passes and goes off. Player "B" receiving the pass passes to player "C" and puts it home. In the meantime player "A" was already off and gets NO plus. Player"D" just coming on gets it. Ridiculous when he had NOTHING to do with the team scoring.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
See and that's the problem that this team has. It was on display last night. They cannot take the simple shot. Or at least not often. It's like the ghosts of Dvorak-Nedved-Hlavac is out there. Overpass, overpass, overpass....try for the picture perfect prettiest goal. I think they do better when they simplify and just get the shots on goal.
The "epidemic" that was stated by Micheletti. Thing is it is so true. And you think the league hasn't scouted us and KNOW this about our team? They have and NOW its become a defensible thing and have taken away Kreids possible production by NOT getting these shots on net for tip ins, redirections and rebound goals.
There "has to be" a middle ground. Quinn and this young team have got to be reminded until they get it through their thick talented heads. Shoot when the opportunity presents itself and to hell with the shooting pctg.

Good Intentions

Mar 30, 2018

You lost me well before your 'What the F is Lindgren doing in the NHL' inquiry.

WojtekWolski86

Nov 14, 2019

I see your Kaako expectations were grounded in reality.

Griping about a 4th line player, McKegg, is this what we've come to? Nieves would be the same result, the problem is McKegg knows his role and Boo hasn't figured out what he needs to do at this level.

The goals saved argument is silly because it doesnt take into consideration there is a completely different team stopping you from scoring.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
It's going to be surprisingly close. That Tampa window closed.

Minus not having any cups in their windows, The studs they have now are like the LaFontaine years of the Islanders.
Will be more than 10 points. Their window is wide open.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad