Proposal: 3 Way Trade (Sabres-Wild-Habs)

KaprizovEntitlelist

Feb 22, 2020
Well that's an interesting opinion from a podcaster. It means nothing. Do you expect anyone with 3 brain cells in their head from the Wild organization to say anything different? Of course they are going to put it put there that they want maximum value for any of their players regardless of what they feel the real value is.

Many people said wild would trade Spurgeon, they didn't.

Wild d is the backbone of the organization. Yeah, it's a well known fact how guerin feels about Brodin. Thus was never about Brodin either.

It was about domi & wild adding on in addition to domi

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
Many people said wild would trade Spurgeon, they didn't.

Wild d is the backbone of the organization. Yeah, it's a well known fact how guerin feels about Brodin. Thus was never about Brodin either.

It was about domi & wild adding on in addition to domi
Sure. That tweet from some podcaster still means nothing.

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
Let me summarize this thread for all you fine folk passing through:

TooLegitToQuit (OP) gets angry when someone describes the Habs' average prospect as average. He also feels the need to declare

Trying to help all 3 teams here but if some get cranky, Habs will just keep Domi

"If y'all don't like this deal you can go **** yourself because I'm pulling out of my own proposed trade"

He then goes on the aggressive and launches into a tirade about how everyone except him are overvaluing their players and then follows up be repeating how they'll just keep Domi.

KaprisovEntitelist swoops in declaring that Brodin is 1 of many Minnesota pieces that are unavailable. They're simply just too damn valuable to trade. Apparently there is a literal 0% chance that pending UFA Brodin leaves the wild.

You aren't an nhl gm & guerin has a higher value of Brodin & Dumba than hf guys

You honestly believing Brodin will leave wild or Montreal will be only offer from Montreal is Hilarious. Guerin isn't letting him reach free agency
(Keep in mind this is the same guy who believes Fiala, Dumba, Brodin, and Kaprisov are all more valuable than Lafrienere and fought this point for pages in a previous thread.)

These two then duke it out in a painfully hypocritical insult fest. This battle of the minds being a true illustration of a stoppable force meeting a moveable object.
It's kind of funny my way or highway when it comes to you
The only thing thats funny is how much this applies to both of them.

And then of course when all else fails you have to.......Play the victim. Obviously.

Stop coming into threads, & attacks me
(some grammar wouldn't hurt either)

Through this sad bickering Buffalo fans have been lucky to stay out of it.

jellybeans

Nov 9, 2007
Sabres get
- Domi with extension (6 or 7 years somewhere between Ehlers and Nylander cap hits)
- 2020 4th from the Habs (Ducks pick)
- Rights to Ikonen. Injuries has set him back in development but when healthy, a good prospect with potential

Wild Get
- 8th OA
- Hillis. Solid B+ prospect at center with some potential
- 2020 4th from the Habs (Jets pick)

Habs Get
- Brodin with extension (6 or 7 years somewhere between Muzzin and Ellis cap hits)
- 2022 2nd from the Sabres
- 2021 2nd from the Wild

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Let me summarize this thread for all you fine folk passing through:

TooLegitToQuit (OP) gets angry when someone describes the Habs' average prospect as average. He also feels the need to declare

"If y'all don't like this deal you can go **** yourself because I'm pulling out of my own proposed trade"

He then goes on the aggressive and launches into a tirade about how everyone except him are overvaluing their players and then follows up be repeating how they'll just keep Domi.

KaprisovEntitelist swoops in declaring that Brodin is 1 of many Minnesota pieces that are unavailable. They're simply just too damn valuable to trade. Apparently there is a literal 0% chance that pending UFA Brodin leaves the wild.

(Keep in mind this is the same guy who believes Fiala, Dumba, Brodin, and Kaprisov are all more valuable than Lafrienere and fought this point for pages in a previous thread.)

These two then duke it out in a painfully hypocritical insult fest. This battle of the minds being a true illustration of a stoppable force meeting a moveable object.

The only thing thats funny is how much this applies to both of them.

And then of course when all else fails you have to.......Play the victim. Obviously.

(some grammar wouldn't hurt either)

Through this sad bickering Buffalo fans have been lucky to stay out of it.

Somehow I really laughed and enjoyed your post. You couldn’t have explained it better

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
I've heard some Sabres fans talk about it. So not so sure it's as easy as "end of story". It is your own opinion though and I can respect that

Ive heard some say the world is flat....

It’s not just my opinion...Domi does not return you a top 15 pick in any draft.

HabsTown

Jun 5, 2014
Montreal
OP, you're well known around the Habs and Trade boards for repeatedly showing interest in Brodin and/or Buffalo's 1st in deals involving Domi.
People have expressed their feedback on multi-page discussions, and while I did not comment earlier, I would personally be open to both.
But what more do you expect to get out of this discussion with yet again the same assets involved?

+ Hillis in most of them too

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Ive heard some say the world is flat....

It’s not just my opinion...Domi does not return you a top 15 pick in any draft.

Wow .Here's another take. IMO any pick out of the top 10 doesn't get you a sniff at Domi.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Brodin is my favorite player. He can lead a second pair, and be the second banana on a top pair, IMO. Superb tools, great defensive player, has a game that will likely age well. Dink shrivels when he enters the offensive zone with the puck. I suspect that Guerin would prefer to wait before moving Brodin, and see if Dumba can get his game back next year. I suspect that he would rather move him, if he has to move a Dman for a C, but that's speculation on my part.

I've always liked Domi. He seems suited to be an offensive #2c, or a top 6 wing. He is not a two way C, and has yet to show that he can be a consistent point producer, though he definitely is skilled. Some of that can be explained by his age, and playing in ARI, where offense goes to die.

They seem to have about even value, to me, even though I would be extremely sad if Brodin was traded.

Also don't see why Domi can't be 2C on the Sabres, and why the #8oa pick can't be the price. Would they rather wait a few years to find out that they have drafted another Mittlestadt or Nylander? Maybe MTL can send back a 2nd, also, but #8 for Domi sounds fair.

Last edited:

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Brodin is my favorite player. He can lead a second pair, and be the second banana on a top pair, IMO. Superb tools, great defensive player, has a game that will likely age well. Dink shrivels when he enters the offensive zone with the puck. I suspect that Guerin would prefer to wait before moving Brodin, and see if Dumba can get his game back next year. I suspect that he would rather move him, if he has to move a Dman for a C, but that's speculation on my part.

I've always liked Domi. He seems suited to be an offensive #2c, or a top 6 wing. He is not a two way C, and has yet to show that he can be a consistent point producer, though he definitely is skilled. Some of that can be explained by his age, and playing in ARI, where offense goes to die.

They seem to have about even value, to me, even though I would be extremely sad if Brodin was traded.

Also don't see why Domi can't be 2C on the Sabres, and why the #8oa pick can't be the price. Would they rather wait a few years to find out that they have drafted another Mittlestadt or Nylander? Maybe MTL can send back a 2nd, also, but #8 for Domi sounds fair.
Rather have Brodin over the 8th as long as we get an agreement in place with Brodin to resign with us.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
It really depends on who is available at #8, for me. If Rossi and Perfetti are gone, I'm not all that excited about adding another wing or RHD. Some other teams would be thrilled to add a Holtz, Quinn, Sanderson, or Raymond...we're not one of them, unless Guerin plans to do a lot of trading.

Habs10025

Sep 28, 2017
Sabres get
- Domi with extension (6 or 7 years somewhere between Ehlers and Nylander cap hits)
- Rights to Ikonen. Injuries has set him back in development but when healthy, a good prospect with potential

Wild Get
- 8th OA

Habs Get
- Brodin with extension (6 or 7 years somewhere between Muzzin and Ellis cap hits)
- 2021 2nd from the Wild

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
Sabres get

Wild Get
- 8th OA

Habs Get
- 2021 2nd from the Wild

No thanks. That's not worth it for the Sabres. Enjoy. Domi is not the right player for Buffalo.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
I haven't been keeping up with MTL/BUF draft threads, but what's wrong with Domi as a solution to the #2C position in BUF as opposed to the #8oa?

Old Navy Goat

Apr 24, 2003
Pattaya Thailand aka adult Disneyland
I haven't been keeping up with MTL/BUF draft threads, but what's wrong with Domi as a solution to the #2C position in BUF as opposed to the #8oa?
He's a RFA so no certainty on term/AAV and Buffalo has a boatload to sign like Reinhart, Oloffson, Ulmark which will eat into monies they'll need next season for Dahlin. Then the matter is if he's the 55ish pt performer or the 70+ as he'll want the latter money but will probably put up 50ish. Then he's not really a center, isn't that good in his own zone so probably better and cheaper options.

Reactions: DJN21

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad