Proposal: 3 Way Trade (Sabres-Wild-Habs)

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Why are you concerned with what the Habs get if you get your 8th OA and you were willing to add on top of Brodin to get the 8th? Why are you concerned with the Sabres getting Domi? Sounds like your narrative is to dumb on Domi and he's not even going to the Wild in this package. Weird bud

If Domi is a 50 pts winger, Brodin is a 20 pts D man who can barely score 5 goals. I think you are guilty for accepting the absolute best value for the pending UFA in Brodin and trolling Domi. Your not even getting Domi in this package :laugh:

My narrative, as I stated before, is I'm not on board with sending our 2nd rounder on top of it for Hillis and a 4th. I don't care what the Canadiens or Sabres get out of this deal, I care about what the Wild give. You're the one that wants more value from the Wild in return for Domi because you think you aren't getting enough.

I'd also agree that Brodin is a 20 point defenseman that can barely score 5 goals, but you're not acquiring him for his offense, are you?

Reactions: TanSor

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Even if those guys you mentioned don’t end up better than Domi, the advantage to keeping the pick is they are younger and will cost less, at least for the first three years of their deals. I think Buffalo is a good team to look at to trade their first, because as we already discussed, they need to get into the playoffs. You may be right that Domi is worth that pick, but I’m not completely convinced. Depends on how highly the Sabres view him.

I think your proposal is interesting and it has created discussion, which is good, since so many proposals on here don’t accomplish that since so many trade proposals are so one sided.

If the Sabres didn't have a frustrated Eichel who wants to make the playoffs now vs later, I would not even create this trade idea. But the Sabres do need to be careful with waiting for kids to shine. Eichel is here to stay but if your GM does nothing and the kids are meh, he will change his mind.

Are you guys high on Domi? That's up to you. In any 3 way trade, it takes all 3 sides to be happy and that's not easy. Some Habs fans would trade Domi for 8th OA but don't get fooled. Habs not trading Domi for futures while we still have Price and Weber. We are only considering to move Domi if we get a piece we need at D. Brodin fits with Petry and is not 30+

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
My narrative, as I stated before, is I'm not on board with sending our 2nd rounder on top of it for Hillis and a 4th. I don't care what the Canadiens or Sabres get out of this deal, I care about what the Wild give. You're the one that wants more value from the Wild in return for Domi because you think you aren't getting enough.

I'd also agree that Brodin is a 20 point defenseman that can barely score 5 goals, but you're not acquiring him for his offense, are you?

I'm acquiring Brodin for both offensive and defense. I think he's got more to give from 27+. Same as Domi from 25+. Most players like this have better stats from 25-30 vs 20-25.

So you don't want to add. Sure. No deal. If you don't sign Brodin, Habs will knock on his door. If you want to move him at the 21 deadline? We can offer you a 2021 1st (lottery protection) and grade B like Hillis. Price went down. If you sign him, that's good for the Wild

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I'm acquiring Brodin for both offensive and defense. I think he's got more to give from 27+. Same as Domi from 25+. Most players like this have better stats from 25-30 vs 20-25.

So you don't want to add. Sure. No deal. If you don't sign Brodin, Habs will knock on his door. If you want to move him at the 21 deadline? We can offer you a 2021 1st (lottery protection) and grade B like Hillis. Price went down. If you sign him, that's good for the Wild

Okay, great. There are 29 other teams to make a deal with, you're not the only one :laugh:

Reactions: Merrrlin

KaprizovEntitlelist

Feb 22, 2020

You honestly believing Brodin will leave wild or Montreal will be only offer from Montreal is Hilarious. Guerin isn't letting him reach free agency, much like Spurgeon

You should look at guerin 1st trade before posting this. Teams including Pittsburgh wanted to take advantage of him & he waited.

It's kind of funny my way or highway when it comes to you

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Okay, great. There are 29 other teams to make a deal with, you're not the only one :laugh:

Good luck. Doubt anybody gives you 8th OA or Domi type value. And for the record, you declined because of 4th/Hillis vs 2nd :laugh:. I don't think this is a case to get all upset like you did

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
You honestly believing Brodin will leave wild or Montreal will be only offer from Montreal is Hilarious. Guerin isn't letting him reach free agency, much like Spurgeon

You should look at guerin 1st trade before posting this. Teams including Pittsburgh wanted to take advantage of him & he waited.

It's kind of funny my way or highway when it comes to you

We will see. Maybe Brodin signs an extension or maybe not. I'm not going to pretend that Gallagher is for sure going to sign with the Habs after next season. It don't work that way.

Your style of conversation is too controversial. Hillarous and Delusional type words used all the time. Very constructive way to talk

KaprizovEntitlelist

Feb 22, 2020
We will see. Maybe Brodin signs an extension or maybe not. I'm not going to pretend that Gallagher is for sure going to sign with the Habs after next season. It don't work that way.

Your style of conversation is too controversial. Hillarous and Delusional type words used all the time. Very constructive way to talk

Like I said on 1st page, I am going to leave this here. You aren't an nhl gm & guerin has a higher value of Brodin & Dumba than hf guys
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Not a future #1 Center. A #1 Center right now. That’s been reported in Minnesota to what it would likely take for a team to pry him away and I’m still not convinced they’ll move him</p>&mdash; Brett Marshall (@B_Marsh92) <a href="">June 19, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Like I said on 1st page, I am going to leave this here. You aren't an nhl gm & guerin has a higher value of Brodin & Dumba than hf guys
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Not a future #1 Center. A #1 Center right now. That’s been reported in Minnesota to what it would likely take for a team to pry him away and I’m still not convinced they’ll move him</p>&mdash; Brett Marshall (@B_Marsh92) <a href="">June 19, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

#1C for Brodin who is one year away from UFA? Now that's hilarious. That's like pry away value on steroids :laugh:. You must really not want to move him. We will see if you extend him this off season... whenever that is

Got any more tweets?

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016

Who’s this Brett guy? Is he someone connected or a random Mr. Smith from twitter?

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

KaprizovEntitlelist

Feb 22, 2020
#1C for Brodin who is one year away from UFA? Now that's hilarious. That's like pry away value on steroids :laugh:. You must really not want to move him. We will see if you extend him this off season... whenever that is

Got any more tweets?

I mean I am not thd only wild fan in here saying this. Guerin wasn't even willing to deal Brodin for Trocheck even though wild were needing c's.

Guerin values Brodin highly. Yes, Brodin will be resigned before traded

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I mean I am not thd only wild fan in here saying this. Guerin wasn't even willing to deal Brodin for Trocheck even though wild were needing c's.

Guerin values Brodin highly. Yes, Brodin will be resigned before traded

I would value Brodin high too but not that high (#1C). And you don't know if Brodin will be re-signed or not. You act like your opinions are fact.

KaprizovEntitlelist

Feb 22, 2020
I would value Brodin high too but not that high (#1C). And you don't know if Brodin will be re-signed or not. You act like your opinions are fact.

It's not an option guerin wouldn't trade Brodin for Trocheck. That was & is a fact.

Trocheck was traded for bill & wild could have beaten it. Guerin wasn't willing to trade a d for natural c in Trocheck who would have been better for wild

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Sabres get
- Domi with extension (6 or 7 years somewhere between Ehlers and Nylander cap hits)
- 2020 4th from the Habs (Ducks pick)
- Rights to Ikonen. Injuries has set him back in development but when healthy, a good prospect with potential

Wild Get
- 8th OA
- Hillis. Solid B+ prospect at center with some potential
- 2020 4th from the Habs (Jets pick)

Habs Get
- Brodin with extension (6 or 7 years somewhere between Muzzin and Ellis cap hits)
- 2022 2nd from the Sabres
- 2021 2nd from the Wild

Buffalo is not trading 8OA for Domi

End of story

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
seems overly complex. 8OA for domi for brodin does make sense as someone without a horse in this race as sabres and habs want to complete. Minnesota embraces adding end prospects they probably need a plus on top of the pick

Domi for Borodin...you can work something out between the two

Buffalo is not involved snd eill not trade 8OA for either of them since p,Ayer drafted there is likrly better than either...and cheaper for the next 4-6 years.

Reactions: 57special

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
It's not an option guerin wouldn't trade Brodin for Trocheck. That was & is a fact.

Trocheck was traded for bill & wild could have beaten it. Guerin wasn't willing to trade a d for natural c in Trocheck who would have been better for wild

Trocheck is 2 years from UFA and has the same pt/game stats as Domi. Domi is RFA controlled for 2 years. I like Trocheck just as much as Domi to be honest but Trocheck is trending in the wrong direction with his injuries in each of the past two seasons. I would have not make that trade either. Term and team control matters.

Just cause you said no to a 2 year contract and a 2nd line center, that means you deserve a #1C in return? This is your reasoning? Your not getting a #1C for Brodin.

KaprizovEntitlelist

Feb 22, 2020
Trocheck is 2 years from UFA and has the same pt/game stats as Domi. Domi is RFA controlled for 2 years. I like Trocheck just as much as Domi to be honest but Trocheck is trending in the wrong direction with his injuries in each of the past two seasons. I would have not make that trade either. Term and team control matters.

Just cause you said no to a 2 year contract and a 2nd line center, that means you deserve a #1C in return? This is your reasoning? Your not getting a #1C for Brodin.

This isn't my reasoning. What part don't you get it's what guerin wants? Ho argues with him.

As for Trocheck he is a natural c. Like another wild fan said, domi isn't. It's that simple. Like another wild fan said also, guerin hasn't shown any inclination to trade Brodin or Dumba for domi.

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
Domi @ 8%+ is a mistake the Habs can make for what can be expected to be a 50 point player through his contract. I don't put that kind of value into one lucky year.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
I’d rather trade Dumba to resolve the center issue, but I don’t think Brodin for Domi is insulting or anything. Also not really a fan of the 8OA unless the draft shakes out in a very specific way.

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
Brodin was never available, neither Dumba was either. The value an NHL General manager Bill Guerin sees in both is different than a Montreal or other Minnesota fans sees of them.

Leaving this tweet here from a freelance Minnesota wild podcaster: A while ago, some of you attacked me, but the truth is Guerin was never trading either for nothing short of what he perceives as 1c.

Well that's an interesting opinion from a podcaster. It means nothing. Do you expect anyone with 3 brain cells in their head from the Wild organization to say anything different? Of course they are going to put it put there that they want maximum value for any of their players regardless of what they feel the real value is.

Reactions: 57special

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad