Proposal: 3-way deal TBL-COL-OTT

Iceman

Jun 9, 2014
Avs give up a 1st and their 2/3rd best defensive prospect for Tyler Johnson!? TBL doesn’t even give up a 1st?!

TBL don’t pay enough
COL pays too much

Colorado shouldn't do it but TBL doesn't pay too little... Foote, Raddysh, Johnson + 2nd is a lot.

Reactions: AndreRoy

John Eichel da GOAT

Oct 7, 2008
Replace Johnson with Point and we can talk.

Col gets crap while Tampa gives up a bunch of junk they were trying to move before Karlsson was even a thought. You have to give to get.

And I cant imagine Ott coming to the table with Col and not getting their 2019 1st back somehow.

hughdreamz

Jun 24, 2006
Michigan
Just looking at the teams on paper, Ottawa doesn’t want EK65 in the East and the Avs don’t want him in the West. I cannot see a deal.

Also, Avs can move a 1st and top D prospect for a better player than Tyler Johnson.

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
Does Callahan have an NTC?

lol Vegas wouldn't even pay Cody Glass. You're kidding yourself if you think you're getting Sergachev. Foote is a very good prospect. He's also not the only player in the deal.

I think you're the one here who's in denial. Remove all of COL's assets? Why? You don't think they should pay fair value for a top 6 centre on a good contract? Avs fans seem to massively overvalue their prospects. How is this terrible for Colorado? because they pay fair value? This is ridiculous.
Carolina fans would be happy with a 1st for Skinner and I much rather have Skinner to Johnson.

Iceman

Jun 9, 2014
Replace Johnson with Point and we can talk.

Col gets crap while Tampa gives up a bunch of junk they were trying to move before Karlsson was even a thought. You have to give to get.

And I cant imagine Ott coming to the table with Col and not getting their 2019 1st back somehow.

WTF? How is Foote, Raddysh, Johnson and a 2nd bunch of junk? That is both quality and quantity.

DictatorTots427

Apr 8, 2018
Seems like COL was only included in this to help OTT and TB. Ottawa gets a decent return for Karlsson IMO and TB doesn't lose any pieces they really don't want to lose, but a lot of it is at the expense of COL who would have no incentive to do this.

Well COL does have incentive for this, because they have OTT's pick, but they also get a good player for a reasonable price. What would make it more fair in your opinion?
I have dubious faith in the Avs making the playoffs next year. Hence no interest in seeing the Avs’ 1st moves unless we’ll protected. Not too keen on their involvement in this idea anyway

Ottawa isn’t getting enough, Tampa is giving up too little IMO

Well the first could be top 10 protected obviously, but how would you change the deal to make it more fair?

not a troll

Oct 24, 2012
Does Callahan have an NTC?

lol Vegas wouldn't even pay Cody Glass. You're kidding yourself if you think you're getting Sergachev. Foote is a very good prospect. He's also not the only player in the deal.

I think you're the one here who's in denial. Remove all of COL's assets? Why? You don't think they should pay fair value for a top 6 centre on a good contract? Avs fans seem to massively overvalue their prospects. How is this terrible for Colorado? because they pay fair value? This is ridiculous.
If Colorado's involvement is needed to facilitate a trade between Tampa and Ottawa then no they shouldn't have to pay full price. Also, what you think is fair value is not what Colorado fans think is fair value.

Reactions: spiller19

John Eichel da GOAT

Oct 7, 2008
WTF? How is Foote, Raddysh, Johnson and a 2nd bunch of junk??
You really think all of that gets you Erik Karlsson? You give up everything expendable and a cap dump and get Erik Karlsson for 8 years. Right...

This gets you EK telling you hell play for 1 year then walk. 8 years of him. Zero chance.

Iceman

Jun 9, 2014
You really think all of that gets you Erik Karlsson? You give up everything expendable and a cap dump and get Erik Karlsson for 8 years. Right...

I don't know what is required to get Karlsson, nor do you. This is the 2nd time Ottawa is working on trading him so it seems pretty complicated, given the possibility of a third team involved.

Either way, I'm just pointing out that you called it a bunch of junk which is as far from the truth as you can get.

DictatorTots427

Apr 8, 2018
If Colorado's involvement is needed to facilitate a trade between Tampa and Ottawa then no they shouldn't have to pay full price. Also, what you think is fair value is not what Colorado fans think is fair value.

What do you think fair value would be then?

John Eichel da GOAT

Oct 7, 2008
Tampa fans were trying to give away Johnson for 2 years. He has a decent season again on one of the highest scoring teams in the league and all of a sudden you try to package him as this hot commodity. And he didnt do dick in the playoffs.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
The Avs shouldn't be in the business of trading 1st round picks or any of their young, quality (D) prospects.

There is a lot of stupid stuff getting tossed around by Avs fans who are losing their minds after a season where we overachieved but I hope Sakic is smarter than that.

I mean everyone is crazy excited for that Sens pick...

Arguably the Avs 1st round pick a year ago was of similar value to the Sens 1st right now.

Trading that pick in general only 12 months later just because the Avs surprised everyone last season is a stupid idea.

It gets way worse when its for a piece like Tyler Johnson.

No thank you. I'd be willing to take on Callahan or Coburn if we get compensated fairly for it and if we are on their list.

I have no interest in giving up one of our top5 prospects or a 1st round pick (regardless if it is protected or not. Protected 1sts still have to be remedied later like we see with Ottawa right now) at this point in time almost regardless of what comes in return (of course if you get a total steal for a young quality piece you might reconsider but aside from that hell no).

Hopefully TyJo, Palat,etc block a deal to Colorado regardless to prevent the Avs from making a mistake.

Reactions: PickleRick

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Avs are in a war zone of a division. There's certainly not any guarantees that we make the playoffs next year and I'm not moving that 1st AND Timmins(Who's way more then just a "B" prospect as well) for Johnson. Johnson is not what the Avs need at 2C next year. Not a good fit at all.

Now, swap out Johnson for Palat and it's a difference conversation. I'd be way more inclined to move those two pieces for Palat as the 2LW behind Landy then I would Johnson. Although I still dont do it without lottery(Top 3) protection on the 2019 1st.

DictatorTots427

Apr 8, 2018
I'd give back Ottawa's 3rd in 2019 and Meloche for Johnson.

lol what. How much value do you think Meloche has? Johnson is a 50-60 point centre on a good contract. He gets a 1st + B prospect at the absolute minimum.

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
I don't know what is required to get Karlsson, nor do you. This is the 2nd time Ottawa is working on trading him so it seems pretty complicated, given the possibility of a third team involved.

Either way, I'm just pointing out that you called it a bunch of junk which is as far from the truth as you can get.
Your package is less than what Duchene returned from Ottawa alone. Raddysh had a horrid season.

John Eichel da GOAT

Oct 7, 2008
Gave it a quick effort:

To Ott:
Ott 2019 1st
Tampa 2019 1st
Connor Timmins
Ryan Callahan

To Col:
Brayden Point
Tyler Johnson

To Tampa:
Erik Karlsson (sign and trade 8X$11M)
Bobby Ryan (On Tampa to figure this out. Trade, buyout, etc)

DictatorTots427

Apr 8, 2018
The Avs shouldn't be in the business of trading 1st round picks or any of their young, quality (D) prospects.

There is a lot of stupid stuff getting tossed around by Avs fans who are losing their minds after a season where we overachieved but I hope Sakic is smarter than that.

I mean everyone is crazy excited for that Sens pick...

Arguably the Avs 1st round pick a year ago was of similar value to the Sens 1st right now.

Trading that pick in general only 12 months later just because the Avs surprised everyone last season is a stupid idea.

It gets way worse when its for a piece like Tyler Johnson.

No thank you. I'd be willing to take on Callahan or Coburn if we get compensated fairly for it and if we are on their list.

I have no interest in giving up one of our top5 prospects or a 1st round pick (regardless if it is protected or not. Protected 1sts still have to be remedied later like we see with Ottawa right now) at this point in time almost regardless of what comes in return (of course if you get a total steal for a young quality piece you might reconsider but aside from that hell no).

Hopefully TyJo, Palat,etc block a deal to Colorado regardless to prevent the Avs from making a mistake.

If you read the post, you would see that it's the Colorado 1st, which will likely be 15-20 range.

not a troll

Oct 24, 2012
lol what. How much value do you think Meloche has? Johnson is a 50-60 point centre on a good contract. He gets a 1st + B prospect at the absolute minimum.
No way he scores that many points in Colorado. If you think he can easily fetch a 1st and B prospect then involve any of the other 27 teams in the league then because the Avs say no.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
If you read the post, you would see that it's the Colorado 1st, which will likely be 15-20 range.

If you read my post, I am talking about the Sens pick AND the Colorado 1st which IMO will be in the 8-15 range next season and which I have absolutely no appetite of surrendering either.

Just because we have 2 1sts, doesn't mean we should or can afford to just trade one away.

DictatorTots427

Apr 8, 2018
Gave it a quick effort:

To Ott:
Ott 2019 1st
Tampa 2019 1st
Connor Timmins
Ryan Callahan

To Col:
Brayden Point
Tyler Johnson

To Tampa:
Erik Karlsson (sign and trade 8X$11M)
Bobby Ryan (On Tampa to figure this out. Trade, buyout, etc)

Tampa gives up way too much here. Karlssons value is at an all time low, and TB takes on Ryan? That alone screws up their cap situation for years to come.

There's now way Tampa gives up Point if Vegas wouldn't even pay Glass.

Also, no chance Colorado gets Point AND Johnson in the deal. A high 1st + good prospect is not even close to enough.

DictatorTots427

Apr 8, 2018
If you read my post, I am talking about the Sens pick AND the Colorado 1st which IMO will be in the 8-15 range next season and which I have absolutely no appetite of surrendering either.

Just because we have 2 1sts, doesn't mean we should or can afford to just trade one away.

You really don't have faith in your team to make the playoffs when you just did and will only get better? Also, the pick can obviously be top 10 protected.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad