Proposal: 3-way deal TBL-COL-OTT

John Eichel da GOAT

Oct 7, 2008
I understand the youth movement mentality but you can't fill out an entire roster with just U25 players. What's just as important is a winning culture and making sure the Avs aren't a playoff bubble team every year or a one-and-done like 2010 and 2014. The top line can't go into next season expected to do all the heavy lifting again. That's not a recipe for success.

Meloche and a 2nd is great value for a player like Johnson. Remember the last time the Avs got a player for that package? It was Boedker for Wood and Bleackley (2nd). I'd much rather have Johnson than Boedker.

Also, you can't fault Tampa for having exceptional drafting, scouting, and asset management.
We have Vets (Soderberg, Johnson, Cole, Calvert) and in 3-5 years MacKinnon and Rantanen will be our vets at age 28 with 10 years of experience in the league. I feel like were finally doing this whole rebuilding thing correctly and teams want to force their older players who are likely only going downhill from here on us.

Offer up Brayden Point and that will bring us to the table. He's another one you likely wont be able to afford soon assuming EK comes so do everyone a favor and get rid of him now. You guys are headed towards Blackhawks V2 if you make this happen. It will be worth it if 1+ Cups come from it ofcourse, but expect cap hell.

John Eichel da GOAT

Oct 7, 2008
Your logic makes no sense. The reason the Lightning were the highest scoring team in nearly a decade is because they had Johnson centering the third line. With more ice time and better wingers he'd score more, not the opposite.

Or I dont think he is that good of a player, had powerplay time, and still didnt produce much and would produce less on a less talented team. One freak season and he is set for life. Good for him, but I (we, Avs) dont have much interest.

Any deal here, I pray we get any one of Sergechev, Point, Chabot, Stone, or we walk away from the table.

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
We have Vets (Soderberg, Johnson, Cole, Calvert) and in 3-5 years MacKinnon and Rantanen will be our vets at age 28 with 10 years of experience in the league. I feel like were finally doing this whole rebuilding thing correctly and teams want to force their older players who are likely only going downhill from here on us.

Offer up Brayden Point and that will bring us to the table. He's another one you likely wont be able to afford soon assuming EK comes so do everyone a favor and get rid of him now. You guys are headed towards Blackhawks V2 if you make this happen. It will be worth it if 1+ Cups come from it ofcourse, but expect cap hell.
Just what do you think you're going to send back if you get Point? :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad