Pre-Game Talk: (3) Washington Capitals VS (6) New York Rangers (Schedule in Post #1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
Richter had one of the best games of his career that game.... The save on Damphousse was remarkable. My favorite ranger of all time and its not even close

Arguably one of the greatest single game goaltending performances of all-time, and I say that as someone who thinks Richter in general is a bit overrated.

Saitama

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 20, 2010
Winnipeg
Doc is something else. People seem to either hate him or love him, hardly anyone is like "he's ok". I could listen to him every single game, quite happily. :handclap:

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
I really thinks it's bologna that we can't just have MSG do all the games like they did in the 80s, 90s, etc.

I can't stand forced National Broadcasts.

How about having both crews announce the games?

I've grown up with Sam calling the games, I'd rather have him call them not someone who was a Flyers and mostly a Devils announcer (Emrick), a Network that is going to shove Crosby and the Penguins down our throat every chance they get, and random Pittsburgh Pirates plugs.

I don't want to hear Pierre Maguire talk at 100 mph and criticize every single play and mistake and constantly interrupt the announcers either.

Just another thing the league gets wrong. :shakehead

Holocene

Mar 10, 2011
Toms River, NJ
I don't mind the NBC guys. Doc has an annoying voice but I love his emotion in the playoffs. It's better than Joe Buck calling Giant games! Talk about no emotion.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Seriously, that might be the worst thread I've ever been in. I sincerely hope that the Caps are paying some of those people to sit there all day and blindly talk them up.

It hurts my brain reading that thread. I'll never understand why fans of other teams speak with such authority and confidence about guys on the Rangers who they've only seen 3 times (vs the Caps) this year.

Apparently Stepan is not a good defensive forward, Callahan is the most blatant diver in the league, Brassard is barely a 3c, Moore<Hillen, Staal and McD aren't good , and Holtby is basically just as good as Lundqvist. Not to mention they're going to stomp the Rangers out easily.

I'm really hoping we completely dominate the Caps, just to shut their fans up.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
I don't mind the NBC guys. Doc has an annoying voice but I love his emotion in the playoffs. It's better than Joe Buck calling Giant games! Talk about no emotion.

Joe Buck is the worst. How can a guy like him get so many gigs? You're right, he literally calls the game with no emotion.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
I'm not sure if you've seen: (Skip to 1:20)

I actually kinda like it but I can't stand him any other time.

Ironic because of the two teams facing off.

He probably wouldn't be bad if he learned hockey. I mean he has the quintessential broadcasting voice, I guess that's why he gets so many gigs.

I still find him highly unlikable lol

Holocene

Mar 10, 2011
Toms River, NJ
Yeah he has a great broadcasting voice but he's just so bland! Combine his voice with Doc's emotion and you've got the perfect announcer!

ImIdaho

Choo-Choo-Choose me!
Mar 21, 2012
He probably wouldn't be bad if he learned hockey. I mean he has the quintessential broadcasting voice, I guess that's why he gets so many gigs.

I still find him highly unlikable lol

He gets so many gigs because of who his father was. It's nepotism at it's finest. There is nothing wrong with his voice but he's too monotonous, robotic, and unenthusiastic.

Joe Buck, you stay the **** away from the NHL!

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
He gets so many gigs because of who his father was. It's nepotism at it's finest. There is nothing wrong with his voice but he's too monotonous, robotic, and unenthusiastic.

Joe Buck, you stay the **** away from the NHL!

HAHA that's from Opie and Anthony, I listen to them everyday lol, love them. Mohr is great when he's on their show.

Callagraves

Block shots
Jan 24, 2011
I like to believe that all sports fan demographics are the same regardless of the area, and then the Capitals fans open their mouths.

And I wonder what the holy royal **** I was thinking before.

Last edited by a moderator:

*Bob Richards*

Doc is so vastly superior to chumps like Buck that it isn't even funny.

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
I find it hysterical that so many people on here are experts in analyzing which play-by-play guys and analysts are good/bad. Maybe you guys should contact the networks and get hired to make the decision of who gets which games?

SavedByLundqvist

Apr 30, 2013
Jersey Represent!
Yeah he has a great broadcasting voice but he's just so bland! Combine his voice with Doc's emotion and you've got the perfect announcer!

Exactly! You've just created the perfect broadcaster. We need to start a Doc Buck breeding program now.

Of course, we'll probably just end up with an incredibly boring broadcaster with an extensive vocabulary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad