Pre-Game Talk: (3) Washington Capitals VS (6) New York Rangers (Schedule in Post #1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kershaw

Meh even if we are down, I wouldn't be too concerned as long as we aren't blown out or look terrible.

When we lose a home game, panic button.

Jabroni

The People's Champ
Jun 1, 2008
Would be nice to finish this in < 7 games to give the guys some rest.

The back-to-back 7 games series last year definitely didn't help.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
I think DG was nursing some lingering effects from that injury earlier in the year. His play has definitely come around over the last 10-12 games.

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
I think DG was nursing some lingering effects from that injury earlier in the year. His play has definitely come around over the last 10-12 games.
It would make sense

from the Blueshirts United chat:

Jim Cerny: Guy: a good question...Rangers are pretty healthy other than the 4 we know have been sidelined...Cally will battle that shoulder all year, Girardi is banged up, but for most part they are good health wise...but who knows in playoffs...remember, for example, Gaby separated that shoulder pretty early in first round last year and kept playing...you can predict what might happen

Sounds to me like the Subban shot block did more damage than we thought

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
I'm not, because McDonagh is going to be matched up against him seeing how OV has been moved to RW.

Not really worried about G, though, I think he's been playing a lot better the past few games.

Girardi has been getting 25+ mins/game as far as I know... He's carry a really heavy workload as far as I can tell, which is probably why he slips up often... He's basically making up for Eminger being on the ice and Staal being off the ice...

McD is probably the fastest dman we have

MDZ is the most effective offensive dman we have

Leetch2McDonagh27

Jan 21, 2013
People worried about MDZ? I'm worried about Ovy abusing Girardi.

McD can hopefully step up and neutralize OV like he can.......that or Staalsie can come back strong.

Or......we can get Dorsett in the lineup and do this......:nod:

to me......Dorsett seems to me like a Chris Neil Lyte (or better way to word it would be lighterweight Neil).....which we could definitely use

Greg02

Jun 28, 2009
It's really disturbing how quick people are to throw Girardi under the bus.

Of course, that goes for most players...

Leetch2McDonagh27

Jan 21, 2013
It's really disturbing how quick people are to throw Girardi under the bus.

Of course, that goes for most players...

actually.....Girardi has been exposed quite a few times this season. Could him being "banged up" have anything to do with it (after PK Subban's shot)? Perhaps.....but I remember him not having good games early in the season as well. Hopefully.....G is back to being his all-star caliber self now:nod:

Greg02

Jun 28, 2009
actually.....Girardi has been exposed quite a few times this season. Could him being "banged up" have anything to do with it (after PK Subban's shot)? Perhaps.....but I remember him not having good games early in the season as well. Hopefully.....G is back to being his all-star caliber self now:nod:

His play hasn't been great this season... I meant more in the sense of people saying things like that they want him off the team.

BarbaraAlphanse

McD can hopefully step up and neutralize OV like he can.......that or Staalsie can come back strong.

Or......we can get Dorsett in the lineup and do this......:nod:

to me......Dorsett seems to me like a Chris Neil Lyte (or better way to word it would be lighterweight Neil).....which we could definitely use

That was one of the most anticlimactic hits I have ever seen.

Bluenote13

Believe In Henke
Feb 28, 2002
BKLYN, NYC
My pick is Rangers in 5. I would have liked to have a healthy Staal, Clowe and Dorsett though. But I still say Nash, Step, Richards and Henrik come up big.

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
Rangers in 4.

I'm optimistic that the entire team will find themselves on a roll and strike puckluck magic again.

Prediction: 3 Richards goal over the 4 games where he isn't actually last on the puck but gets it anyway

Callagraves

Block shots
Jan 24, 2011
The Rangers have done nothing all season but break streaks, both good and bad.

We'll break Washington's hot streak. OV will get frustrated and miserably under-perform again.

That man will never win a cup.

ImIdaho

Choo-Choo-Choose me!
Mar 21, 2012
Stick to OV and Backstrom like stink on **** and I like our chances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad