Proposal: 3 Team Blockbuster: VAN + N.J. + PHI

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil
OP seems committed to stripping the Canucks of two of it's best players
Those players should be a huge part of the foundation going foward

RebuildinVan

Jun 25, 2017
We dont need to unite the Hughes brothers!!! Especially at that cost. Theyre not like the Sedins who played together from day 1 and formed that unique dynamic.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Nothing. I dont understand how many times this has to be said before Vancouver fans understand it. You dont trade 1oa pick for fair value. You want the 1st overall? you have to overpay for it. If not, no trade to be made. Which is fine

RETWEET.

the Devils are never going to trade #1 for a "fair hockey trade". They have absolutely no incentive to do so. If you want them to think about it, you're going to have to overpay. If you don't want to thats fine, we'll pick Hughes and be ecstatic about it.

Dooble08

Jan 12, 2019
I think Flyers fans are the only one who are like "this could work." But both Vancouver and NJ fans rightfully hate it.

Dooble08

Jan 12, 2019
I watched a few Canucks games and he's certainly a talent.

But he also scored 9 goals in 2019. 6 if you remove a hattrick on 1/2/2019.

Anyway - the Devils get a 2W and 3/4C for the 1OA? Come on now.

I think you are just undervaluing other teams players. It would be an incredibly bad deal for the Devils. But the deal brings you a 1W and a 2C.

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

Devilsfan118

Sing us a song, you're the Schiano man
Jun 11, 2010
NJ
I think you are just undervaluing other teams players. It would be an incredibly bad deal for the Devils. But the deal brings you a 1W and a 2C.

Fair enough on the 1W, but I don't think Patrick is a 2C right now. Maybe he'll get there but as of right now.. eh.

Puckclektr

Jul 15, 2004
GTA

i never understood the logic of people takin out hat tricks or four goal games to say they only scored so many goals if you remove that.
Oh somebody scored 40 goals. But he wouldn’t have done it if he didn’t have that four goal game in October.
This guy was a point a game but he went a 9 games without a point in February so that means he isn’t any good.
Either way Peterson scored 28 and was almost a point a game as a rookie. It doesn’t matter when he scored them, how many steaks he had, or how many hat tricks he had. There is no logic in that.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
NJD and NYR are not trading their #1 & #2 picks. We don't care how many pieces you offer up, we're looking for an elite player and we hope #1 / #2 can be those players. So unless you have an under 23, ppg player you're looking to trade, leave us alone! ...and even then we may say no.

I should also note, teams are not gutting their roster to grab a potential elite player.

Copenhagen91

Jan 28, 2016
The incessant proposals from your fan base forcing Hughes to Vancouver seem to indicate the opposite, actually.

Don't crucify Devils fans for responding to your fans' inquiries by stating what it would take for us to move the pick.
I get lumped in with Vancouver fans purely because I stated a fact that an unproven prospect is not worth a player that has already played a very solid year in the NHL. The devils fans that replied to me are hilarious thinking a kid who has never suited up in the NHL has more value than a player that will likely win the Calder. But sure continue the trend of every single fan base grossly over valuing draft picks.

Cheers

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
Nothing. I dont understand how many times this has to be said before Vancouver fans understand it. You dont trade 1oa pick for fair value. You want the 1st overall? you have to overpay for it. If not, no trade to be made. Which is fine

Except they'd be ALREADY overpaying by giving Petetrson for 1st OA, Knowing Jack Hughes can just HOPE to be what Petterson already is ATM... He could also be the next Yakupov

If the Devil GM gets offered Petterson for the 1st OA, he takes it and run to the bank. Only in HF where a prospect is worth more than a young star player

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
I get lumped in with Vancouver fans purely because I stated a fact that an unproven prospect is not worth a player that has already played a very solid year in the NHL. The devils fans that replied to me are hilarious thinking a kid who has never suited up in the NHL has more value than a player that will likely win the Calder. But sure continue the trend of every single fan base grossly over valuing draft picks.

Cheers

Not one person said this. Not one.

[mod]

We stated *what it would take* for the Devils to trade 1OA to the Canucks. That has nothing to do with player value.

If you’re acquiring the first overall pick in a deep draft, you’re going to overpay. Don’t want to? We’ll keep the pick. What on earth is so hard to grasp?

Last edited by a moderator:

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
Not one person said this. Not one.

[mod]

We stated *what it would take* for the Devils to trade 1OA to the Canucks. That has nothing to do with player value.

If you’re acquiring the first overall pick in a deep draft, you’re going to overpay. Don’t want to? We’ll keep the pick. What on earth is so hard to grasp?
Yes actually multiple people have said this. One devils fan said he wanted Pettersson+Boeser+ for The 1st overall pick. Multiple posters have said Pettersson plus. What’s hard to grasp is the constant overvaluing of draft picks. Year after year the same thing happens and still nothing changes. Elias Pettersson>>1st overall pick this year. That’s not hard to grasp. If Shero got offered that he’s sprint down the streets laughing.

Last edited by a moderator:

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC

Yeah let’s just remove goals now. Come on. And that’s nice he’s a playmaker for Gods sake he’s more about the assists than Goals, the goals are just gravy. Henrik Sedin must of been trash then scoring 10-15 goals a year jeesh. Pettersson is going to be a 100+ point player with the right linemates.

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
Yes actually multiple people have said this. One devils fan said he wanted Pettersson+Boeser+ for The 1st overall pick. Multiple posters have said Pettersson plus. What’s hard to grasp is the constant overvaluing of draft picks. Year after year the same thing happens and still nothing changes. Elias Pettersson>>1st overall pick this year. That’s not hard to grasp. If Shero got offered that he’s sprint down the streets laughing.

Oh my God - expressing what it would take to move 1OA (which will always require an overpayment, regardless of year, player, and team) is not a statement about the included player’s value(s).

It’s merely stating the threshold you’d have to meet to get NJ to listen. It’s not an indictment on Pettersson or Boeser or whomever.

Here’s a novel idea - if you hate the cost so much, how about you stop friggin asking for the pick?

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
I suppose these same people wouldn't have traded Pettersson for McDavid before he we're drafted too?

And before anyone goes off on a tangent, no I don't think Hughes will be as good as McDavid. But the idea that a pick (especially a first overall) can't be more valuable than an NHL Player is this weird some fallacy that people seem infatuated with.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
I’m the dense one? Thinking a draft pick has more value than an ESTABLISHED NHL player is hilarious. No point in arguing with clueless people though so have fun in your delusional dream world. Clown

so basically what you're saying is any player currently in the NHL has more value than the #1 overall pick?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad