Back @ The Bridge
Mar 2, 2012
Nashville
ace.mu.nu
20240426_211951.jpg

Reactions: Preds Partisan

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
Well that’s a bummer. We can play with these guys but just like Game 1 we can’t afford those unforced errors.

wmupreds

Dec 15, 2022
Couple of things from the series so far

-The relentless thing is great and I certainly have no issue with it as a philosophy but it's how everyone plays in the playoffs. We are being somewhat exposed for lack of creativity and finishing ability outside of a few players (who can be keyed on). We're also struggling for long stretches with the higher pressure on breakouts.

- Having said that, we haven't been badly outplayed except (ironically) in most of game 2. No game has been great but we won with the worst effort and lost the 2 better ones. That's life in a short series sometimes.

My hopes aren't super high the rest of the series. Guys are playing hard and like I said it hasn't been totally disastrous but this team just doesn't have enough high end talent and I don't think they have an extra gear to give come playoff time.

wadesworld

Jan 24, 2011
Nashville, TN
Powerplays are driving me crazy. We keep moving the puck around endlessly looking for the perfect beautiful goal.

Move the puck a bit but when you get an open shot, rip it. Get some dirty trash. I'll take a clear off a blocked shot or miss any day over a clear that comes from we-farted-around-with-the-puck-too-much-and-lost-it.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Powerplays are driving me crazy. We keep moving the puck around endlessly looking for the perfect beautiful goal.

Move the puck a bit but when you get an open shot, rip it. Get some dirty trash. I'll take a clear off a blocked shot or miss any day over a clear that comes from we-farted-around-with-the-puck-too-much-and-lost-it.
They are also pressuring the perimeter on the PP, daring us to move the puck inside. Our guys can't move the puck quickly and precisely enough to take advantage of it.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
When the PP is working we keep it simple, pass, pass, shoot. Right now they are going slow which means either it gets blocked or the pass across to the open man is stolen. It's the reason they keep passing it around, it's so slow Vancouver can co er the shooting lanes.

Kat Predator

Nov 28, 2019
Plenty of fingers needed to point.

- ROR just flat out missed some grade A opportunities.
- Saros giving up a goal on their first shot was soul crushing. They can really play with a lead.
- Stastney getting a concussion so early in the game hurt the team.
- McCarron crushing the goalie was incredibly dumb. I wonder if he sits next game.
- Our PP was flat, ineffective, and tried to play squeezed tight against the boards. They just couldn't figure out what was happening to them and play to the middle of the ice.
- Our "depth" was pretty invisible. The big 3, Evangelista, and Sissons were visible. The 7 ghosts were not.
- They play a similar system and just seem to execute it better than we do. At least they know what we're trying to do, often before we do it looks like.

Glad Evangelista got the goal. He stood out and I think he's going to be really, really good.

They are also pressuring the perimeter on the PP, daring us to move the puck inside. Our guys can't move the puck quickly and precisely enough to take advantage of it.
That and they kept setting up in the zone to play a perimeter game. We were playing right into what they expected and defended. It was like we were holding our cards backwards and wondering how the other guys at the poker table were kicking our butts.

Reactions: Softball99

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
1st line played basically twice as many minutes of any other forward, except Evangelista. They aren't producing enough to justify that and if our scoring depth is so poor to require that then we need to make some roster moves for game 4. They also aren't going to be all that effective after a certain point.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Well, it was a good game. Frustrating at times, but I'm glad we finally scored. No shut out for you, DeSmith.

Go Preds!

hido

Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Nashville
Got home to find out the Titans drafted some guy that got a DUI three weeks. Fitting end to an epic Nashville sports day.

Well, win Sunday and it’s a best of three.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad