Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Canucks > Horvat, Boeser, Tanev
Canucks < #1, #11, Schneider

Devils > #1, Schneider
Devils < Boeser, Patrick

Flyers > #11, Patrick
Flyers < Horvat, Tanev

Vancouver: They pair up the Hughes Bros, while the 11th pick should bring in a solid prospect for their rebuild. Schneider is a cap dump, but Vancouver shouldn't be spending near the cap while he's on their books

New Jersey: They land a big, young center that should slot in nicely on their 2nd line, while Boeser gives them a young 1st line sniper to play alongside Nico. They also dump the remaining 3 years of Schneider's contract

Flyers: They bring in a pair of win-now players in the hopes of maximizing the prime years of their core

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Devils dont want Nolan Patrick. We took Nico for a reason.

Devils aren't trading the #1 pick. Jack Hughes is the dynamic player we need.

Nico and Hughes are what we want and will do going forward.

So the Capitals wouldn't want Malkin because they drafted Ovechkin?

By saying the "Devils don't want Nolan Patrick", you're saying that if Philly offered Patrick for a 7th round pick, New Jersey would reject it

vtdevils2k

"Lets Go Baby!"
Dec 16, 2013
Virginia

By saying the "Devils don't want Nolan Patrick", you're saying that if Philly offered Patrick for a 7th round pick, New Jersey would reject it

You know full well what I meant by what I said.

We will take Jack Hughes and enjoy everything he brings. He's exactly the dynamic, potentially elite player our franchise needs.

If we wanted Nolan Patrick, we would have drafted him first overall. Even a Flyers fan said the Devils would be insane to do what you suggested.

Your goal is clearly to get Hughes and Caufield together in Vancouver with #1 and #11

82Ninety42011

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
I don't think any of the three teams do this to be honest. Canucks are not giving up 2 top 6's and their best dman for a lottery ticket and that's what Hughes is. He's probably gonna pay out but there's a chance he's not much better then Boeser even. Nothing is guaranteed here. Devils don't do this in case Hughes actually lives up to be a top ten player and Flyers take their chances with Patrick becoming a 2C and a 11th pick who could be just as good as Horvat possibly. There is just too much risk for every team here. Be interesting to see in 5 years how this would have turned out for sure though.

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA

Ugh.

Don't nit-pick and antagonize negative responses warranted by your horrible proposal. You know exactly what he meant.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I think this is worse than your last proposal, and that's really saying something. I'm embarrassed for you.

Reactions: RebuildinVan

devils29

Jan 9, 2019
Start with Pettersson...? What are the devils adding?
Nothing. I dont understand how many times this has to be said before Vancouver fans understand it. You dont trade 1oa pick for fair value. You want the 1st overall? you have to overpay for it. If not, no trade to be made. Which is fine

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
Lmfao. Jack Hughes is ridiculously overrated just like every draft pick on this site. Canucks are not trading Boeser or Horvat. Stop offering them people. We don’t want Hughes that badly.

The incessant proposals from your fan base forcing Hughes to Vancouver seem to indicate the opposite, actually.

Don't crucify Devils fans for responding to your fans' inquiries by stating what it would take for us to move the pick.

Reactions: gach and vtdevils2k

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
You know full well what I meant by what I said.

We will take Jack Hughes and enjoy everything he brings. He's exactly the dynamic, potentially elite player our franchise needs.

If we wanted Nolan Patrick, we would have drafted him first overall. Even a Flyers fan said the Devils would be insane to do what you suggested.

Your goal is clearly to get Hughes and Caufield together in Vancouver with #1 and #11

The trade proposal isn't Patrick for Nico, so I don't know why you keep bringing up that draft

Drafting Nico ahead of Patrick in no way disqualifies the Devils from having interest in Patrick, it just means that on Draft Day of 2017 the Devils preferred Nico over Patrick

With that said, my proposals are based on what I would do, not what I think the GM of the team wants

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
The incessant proposals from your fan base forcing Hughes to Vancouver seem to indicate the opposite, actually.

Don't crucify Devils fans for responding to your fans' inquiries by stating what it would take for us to move the pick.

First of all, my fans? You have me mistaken

Secondly, I'm not inquiring, I'm proposing

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad