Proposal: 3 Team Blockbuster: VAN + EDM + NJ (edited)

spaghtti

Oct 13, 2013
I saw it like this:

#1 is worth more than Horvat or Boeser
Horvat or Boeser are worth more than #8

So Horvat and Boeser are about equal to #1 and #8

The Canucks are then getting a pair of underwhelming prospects to this point in Puljujarvi and Zacha in exchange for taking on Schneider and Gagner's contract

That is some crazy logic, there is no way that the 8th overall pick will somehow diminish the value of the 1st overall pick

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Thanks for finding my error has been corrected, your crazy logic hasn’t

You misread what I wrote, and then based on your error, you attacked my logic

I didn't say #1 was worth more than Horvat and Boeser

What I said was, #1 was worth more than Horvat or Boeser

See the difference?

spaghtti

Oct 13, 2013
You misread what I wrote, and then based on your error, you attacked my logic

I didn't say #1 was worth more than Horvat and Boeser

What I said was, #1 was worth more than Horvat or Boeser

See the difference?
My bad I did miss read

Nico Hischier

Nov 22, 2017
It’s kind of funny how all of a sudden this is an “average” draft now that the lottery has taken place.

We are keeping the pick and drafting jack hughes and he will be a stud. He has a greater chance of being a better than either draisaitl or pettersson

Reactions: mdj12784

yababy

Jun 26, 2015
Assuming the Devils plan to take Hughes #1, they're doing so hoping he becomes as good as Draisaitl

It's certainly possible Hughes ends up better than Draisaitl, but it's also possible he doesn't

So it could be argued that moving the pick for the established player in Draisaitl is the safer play

It's possible Hughes never becomes half the player Draisaitl is

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Draisaitl is a great young player coming off a terrific season, but I'm not sure many would share your opinion that he's an A+ player

I certainly don't, which is why I made the proposal as it is

Then you’re undervaluing him, just like you’re undervaluing 8th and Puljujarvi. 50 goals and 105 points should not be brushed off lightly.

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015
It’s kind of funny how all of a sudden this is an “average” draft now that the lottery has taken place.

We are keeping the pick and drafting jack hughes and he will be a stud. He has a greater chance of being a better than either draisaitl or pettersson
Wait you actually think Hughes has a great chance of putting up 100 + points before he's even 24? Give me a break Hughes is a huge question mark and how often does the first overall even wind up as the best player in their draft other than Mcdavid? Petterson/Heiskanen are already looking like better players than either of Hischer or Patrick.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Then you’re undervaluing him, just like you’re undervaluing 8th and Puljujarvi. 50 goals and 105 points should not be brushed off lightly.

Nor should the fact that he spent most of the season playing alongside the best offensive player in hockey

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Nor should the fact that he spent most of the season playing alongside the best offensive player in hockey

Everyone plays with good players, some teams even have whole lines of good players for good players like Draisaitl to play with. Stop trying to downplay his accomplishments to make your proposal look better. It’s bad and makes no damned sense for anyone but your team.

82Ninety42011

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
So the Devils get a top ten player and get rid of a horrible contract for Hughes who you hope becomes Draisaitl?

The Oilers lose Drai but gain a stud 2C, replace Drai with Boeser who with Mcdavid might produce close to same Drai did with Mcdavid and lose a meh prospect in Pool party and 2 cap dumps? Wow.

The Canucks are the ones getting bent the other two teams are laughing. Hughes might be a stud magic word might. Drai is the best player here and Horvat, Boeser the next two for now. You don't give up sure things who are producing for a prospect. So Canucks gain 3 cap dumps and 2 players who together might be as good as Horvat/Boeser plus we lose Tanev? No thanks.

Devils are running after saying yes. Oilers are winning to and Canucks further back in rebuild.

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

unknownbrother

Apr 1, 2015
UK
Schneider has been on and off IR with ongoing injuries since last season. If it was a one-time injury and he played injury-free afterward, I wouldn't be as concerned. But last year he played 40 games and this year he played just 26. He hasn't played less than 45 games since 2012-13 with Vancouver, which was the lockout half season. After coming off a 26 game season, I'm skeptical as hell about his health and longevity.

Schneider had hip surgery after the playoffs last season and only got back on the ice around training camp time. He spent a good amount of time recovering and getting a good feel for moving with his hip. He was good down the stretch and should give a Blackwood relief and competition.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
So the Devils get a top ten player and get rid of a horrible contract for Hughes who you hope becomes Draisaitl?

The Oilers lose Drai but gain a stud 2C, replace Drai with Boeser who with Mcdavid might produce close to same Drai did with Mcdavid and lose a meh prospect in Pool party and 2 cap dumps? Wow.

The Canucks are the ones getting bent the other two teams are laughing. Hughes might be a stud magic word might. Drai is the best player here and Horvat, Boeser the next two for now. You don't give up sure things who are producing for a prospect. So Canucks gain 3 cap dumps and 2 players who together might be as good as Horvat/Boeser plus we lose Tanev? No thanks.

Devils are running after saying yes. Oilers are winning to and Canucks further back in rebuild.

if schneider keeps playing the way he did to end the season, it’s not a horrible contract. quite the opposite, it would be one of the best goalie contracts in the league.

we’re not saying yes to this shit, we’re taking hughes and having a gif party

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
So Edmonton swaps Drai, JP, and the 8 for Boeser, Horvat and Tanev while clearing almost 10 million in cap space?

Forgive me if I don't understand the sentiment that Edmonton gets totally bent over?

I wouldn't want to see Drai traded but that doesn't seem entirely terrible at all. That's three immediate impact players, two of which are solid top 6 forwards and another top 4 defenseman.

Kass - McD - Boeser
Nuge - Horvat - Chiasson

Klef - Larsson
Nurse - Tanev
Russell - Gravel/Bear/Jones

Seems more rounded than

Drai - McD - Kass
Lucic - Nuge - Chiasson

Klef - Larsson
Nurse - Sekera
Russell - Gravel/Bear/Jones

Unless I'm misunderstanding?

We are 1 winger away from having a 2nd line and you want to trade a 100+ point winger that can play C for a D that is injured a lot . 1 real good 2C and a good 1 winger . Now looking at your line you got Kassian playing on his off wing and Sekera has magically disappeared . Then there the fact you do not know how these player will even mesh . McDavid isn't the easiest to play with . The cap space you are mentioning is all nice and good but what do we use it for ? To sign an overpaid UFA ?

Draisaitl and the 8th OA has more value then Boeser and Horvat . I believe this because Draisaitl is the best player in this deal and the 8th is likely to get a player equal to Horvat . I think we end up with a centre so that why i used Horvat . I have always like Tanev but he is injured more then Klefbom and you see how that works .

Other fans can weigh in on this . Fans that aren't Oiler or Canuck fans

HughJazz3dg

Jun 27, 2011
I take the deal and run btw. Obviously Shero would too, I don’t care who Draisaitl played with.

Jamin

Aug 25, 2009
You literally said:

"They bring in a sniper to play alongside McDavid without crippling their strength down the middle"

So Oilers are bringing in a sniper to play with Mcdavid but we also don't count Drai's production because he played with Mcdavid?

Reactions: Sacul

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
We are 1 winger away from having a 2nd line and you want to trade a 100+ point winger that can play C for a D that is injured a lot . 1 real good 2C and a good 1 winger . Now looking at your line you got Kassian playing on his off wing and Sekera has magically disappeared . Then there the fact you do not know how these player will even mesh . McDavid isn't the easiest to play with . The cap space you are mentioning is all nice and good but what do we use it for ? To sign an overpaid UFA ?

Draisaitl and the 8th OA has more value then Boeser and Horvat . I believe this because Draisaitl is the best player in this deal and the 8th is likely to get a player equal to Horvat . I think we end up with a centre so that why i used Horvat . I have always like Tanev but he is injured more then Klefbom and you see how that works .

Other fans can weigh in on this . Fans that aren't Oiler or Canuck fans

Sure, if you hit on the right prospect, but teams swing and miss all the time with lottery picks

Odds are the player Edmonton drafts at #8 won't be as good as Horvat

Last edited:

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
You literally said:

"They bring in a sniper to play alongside McDavid without crippling their strength down the middle"

So Oilers are bringing in a sniper to play with Mcdavid but we also don't count Drai's production because he played with Mcdavid?

Sorry, I'm not really sure what you're asking

But my point was, that regardless of whether you consider Drai to be McDavid's winger, or the 2nd line center, replacing him in the lineup with Boeser and Horvat fill both roles

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad