Proposal: 3 Team Blockbuster: VAN + EDM + NJ (edited)

82Ninety42011

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
if schneider keeps playing the way he did to end the season, it’s not a horrible contract. quite the opposite, it would be one of the best goalie contracts in the league.

we’re not saying yes to this ****, we’re taking hughes and having a gif party
Im not saying you could be wrong however Drai is worth alot more then Hughes alone and dumping Schneider is a bonus . I highly doubt Schneider turns it around but even if he does Drai is head and shoulders above Hughes. This is a risky deal for all involved hence would never happen but to just compare Drai to Hughes pretty sure Drai wins in poll.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
Im not saying you could be wrong however Drai is worth alot more then Hughes alone and dumping Schneider is a bonus . I highly doubt Schneider turns it around but even if he does Drai is head and shoulders above Hughes. This is a risky deal for all involved hence would never happen but to just compare Drai to Hughes pretty sure Drai wins in poll.

if your poll was:

who is better?

a) draisaitl
b) hughes
c) who knows? hughes hasn’t played a game yet

i’m pretty sure option c wins. he is certainly not ‘head and shoulders’ above hughes. money is also a huge factor- hughes will be a cost controlled asset for what, 5-7 years? whereas drai is making 8.5.

there’s no way in hell i’d trade our 1st from draisaitl 1 for 1.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Not a chance the oilers trade the pick and Drai for those 2. I like them both, but together they might be worth more but not enough to warrant a top 8 pick. The oilers would also need to push money back as Boeser is an RFA about to get paid at today’s dollars and Drais contract will look like a bargain by the end of this summer with the level of RFA’s that come up this year.

I didn't say the Oilers would trade Drai + #8 for Horvat and Boeser

The deal I think the Oilers would take is Horvat and Boeser for Drai

82Ninety42011

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
if your poll was:

who is better?

a) draisaitl
b) hughes

i’m pretty sure option c wins. he is certainly not ‘head and shoulders’ above hughes. money is also a huge factor- hughes will be a cost controlled asset for what, 5-7 years? whereas drai is making 8.5.

That's your opinion but you realize how good Drai is? If im Oilers GM i not trading him for some prospect either. Good luck with Hughes in sure he will be a good player if he turns into Drai congratulations you've got yourself a top ten player.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
That's your opinion but you realize how good Drai is? If im Oilers GM i not trading him for some prospect either. Good luck with Hughes in sure he will be a good player if he turns into Drai congratulations you've got yourself a top ten player.

i do realize how good he is. enjoy your good player, we’ll enjoy ours

Mudds

Jan 18, 2018
You’d take Draisaitl for #1 alone don’t kid yourself.
How high are you. Drai is as untouchable as McDavid. We wouldn't trade him for this years and next years first. There are no Generational picks in this draft.

bobbyb2009

Sep 3, 2009
I didn't say the Oilers would trade Drai + #8 for Horvat and Boeser

The deal I think the Oilers would take is Horvat and Boeser for Drai

For the record, as a Canucks fan, I would not trade Horvat and Boeser for Drai and 8!

82Ninety42011

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
i do realize how good he is. enjoy your good player, we’ll enjoy ours
He's not mine Im a Canucks fan by the way not sure you realize how contracts work. If Hughes is as good as you think he will be he'll be making more then Drai in 4th year. Drai is on a steal of a deal compared to contracts being done now. Good luck.

Reactions: zar

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
if your poll was:

who is better?

a) draisaitl
b) hughes

Are ELCs now 5-7 years?

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
We are 1 winger away from having a 2nd line and you want to trade a 100+ point winger that can play C for a D that is injured a lot . 1 real good 2C and a good 1 winger . Now looking at your line you got Kassian playing on his off wing and Sekera has magically disappeared . Then there the fact you do not know how these player will even mesh . McDavid isn't the easiest to play with . The cap space you are mentioning is all nice and good but what do we use it for ? To sign an overpaid UFA ?

Draisaitl and the 8th OA has more value then Boeser and Horvat . I believe this because Draisaitl is the best player in this deal and the 8th is likely to get a player equal to Horvat . I think we end up with a centre so that why i used Horvat . I have always like Tanev but he is injured more then Klefbom and you see how that works .

Other fans can weigh in on this . Fans that aren't Oiler or Canuck fans
I already said I DONT want to see Drai traded, but I don't think the value is that bad. You HOPE the #8 pick becomes as good as Horvat, but as it stands Horvat is far more valuable than a magic bean. Sekera is gone from.my lineup because he was part of the original deal I responded to.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
I think we've established the OP heavily favored the Canucks. It was posted by a fan of the team, no? This happens all the time. No reason to overreact fellow Oiler fans :)

I don't really like the deal for New Jersey either. If Vancouver wants to get them to trade the #1 OA they have to know the Devils are going to ask for a ton in return.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
I think we've established the OP heavily favored the Canucks. It was posted by a fan of the team, no? This happens all the time. No reason to overreact fellow Oiler fans :)

I don't really like the deal for New Jersey either. If Vancouver wants to get them to trade the #1 OA they have to know the Devils are going to ask for a ton in return.

It was not

97and294ever

Jan 8, 2019
EDIT: Given the direction of the teams involved, I should've included Tanev in the deal going to Edmonton, so the trade has been edited to reflect that with Sekera heading to Vancouver

Canucks > Horvat, Boeser, Tanev
Canucks < #1, #8, Puljujarvi, Schneider, Sekera, Gagner

Oilers > #8, Draisaitl, Puljujarvi, Sekera, Gagner
Oilers < Horvat, Boeser, Tanev

Devils > #1, Schneider
Devils < Draisaitl

Vancouver: They pair the Hughes Bros while the #8 pick should also bring in a solid prospect for their rebuild. Puljujarvi could blossom with a change of scenery. Schneider and Sekera are cap dumps, but Vancouver shouldn't be spending near the cap while they're on the books

Edmonton: They bring in a sniper to play alongside McDavid without crippling their strength down the middle, while also dumping the remaining 2 years of Sekera's contract

New Jersey: They land a big, offensively talented #1 C while also dumping Schneider's contract

Were you drunk while typing this?

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
Canucks fan confirmed.

That is a HUGE haul for Boeser and Horvat. And the Oilers are getting bent over without lube here.

Huge haul? Looks like the OP was edited, but its Horvat - a #9 pick that has improved every year since the draft so in my mind worth more than the #8 pick, Boeser who would be a top 5-6 pick in his draft year if there was a redraft, Tanev a RHD oft injured yes, but still valuable with position and cap hit, for 2 picks (only 1 form the Oil) 2 cap dumps and prospect on his way to bust status. I wouldn't make that trade as a Canuck.

RebuildinVan

Jun 25, 2017
I dont want anything to do with this trade for the Canucks. Why do we need to unite the Hughes brothers?

deckercky

Oct 27, 2010
if your poll was:

who is better?

a) draisaitl
b) hughes

Not sure money changes value all that much, except to a team expecting to contend in years 1-3. If Hughes puts up 100 pts, then by year 4 his cap hit will be much higher than Drai's cap hit.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
giphy.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad