3 games for Artyukhin - enough, or not enough ?

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
What do you think, guys? The one who wants to ban Artyukhin of course. Should KHL suspend this guy for 50 games? Fair enought? :sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm:

482962_10151418993872328_227011000_n.jpg

Babula

May 31, 2012
Ok. I vote for no suspension for Artyukhin. I like the way to pay bills when the blood still boiling on the ice. But I'm not sure that SKA next opponent Avto is right team to do that. :sarcasm:

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
And I have stated my opinion on that regard already. If my friend is hammered by some mauler, I won't bondarev around and call for mom.

Ok, you've already stated your opinion, that's it. Or you must reply to every post so that you would have the last saying on the matter? :laugh:

Prins Filip

Jun 3, 2010
Filippines
You're not a very smart person if you think that there's some sort of propaganda regarding Artyukhin :) He isn't well liked by most Russians too. I just don't like this blind hate Finns and Czechs have for him after being pwned and them posting some ridiculous stuff with no connection to reality.
There is no propaganda about Artyukhin, but there is nationwide propaganda for Russia>Other countries. And now we are discussing about situation where a Son of Mother Russia does brutal assault from behind to much smaller foreign player, and the Russian league supends him for ridiculous 3 game penalty. Coincidence?

Babula

May 31, 2012
He isn't well liked by most Russians too. I just don't like this blind hate Finns and Czechs have for him after being pwned and them posting some ridiculous stuff with no connection to reality.

What the hell is Artyukhin connection to reality ??? Is it you? Or, are you Artyukhin,heh ??? :help:

perklunt

qwerty
Sep 23, 2009
You're not a very smart person if you think that there's some sort of propaganda regarding Artyukhin :) He isn't well liked by most Russians too. I just don't like this blind hate Finns and Czechs have for him after being pwned and them posting some ridiculous stuff with no connection to reality.

this :handclap:

tuozzi

Dec 9, 2011
Turku
There is no propaganda about Artyukhin, but there is nationwide propaganda for Russia>Other countries. And now we are discussing about situation where a Son of Mother Russia does brutal assault from behind to much smaller foreign player, and the Russian league supends him for ridiculous 3 game penalty. Coincidence?

This. And a big :shakehead at everyone brushing this off as a "fight". That was not a fight but an assault from behind. I can't recall ever seeing anything like this. Worth 10 games at least with his history.

Roland of Gilead

The Gunslinger
May 18, 2007
Dark Tower
If you do the same **** outside of the rink, you get jailtime. Poll is 45-5 so /thread. Don´t feed these two trolls anymore, you know who I mean.

Finnpin

"internet"
Oct 10, 2005
Helsinki
I just don't like this blind hate Finns and Czechs have for him after being pwned and them posting some ridiculous stuff with no connection to reality.
You really are one of a kind...or with Vorky two of a kind :help: :facepalm:

R2 deserves every hate he gets...he is a piece of **** as a hockey player... for example every time Finnish national team have faced this dbag they have to watch out the cheapshots and kneehits... R2 doesn't fight or do these "R2 things" against tough guys...it's always against regular players... in my terms he is a wuss puss and deserves every hate he gets.

R2, what goes around comes around...you are gonna get yours.

Last edited:

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
Ok, you've already stated your opinion, that's it. Or you must reply to every post so that you would have the last saying on the matter? :laugh:

Sorry, you didn't seem to get it.

here is no propaganda about Artyukhin, but there is nationwide propaganda for Russia>Other countries. And now we are discussing about situation where a Son of Mother Russia does brutal assault from behind to much smaller foreign player, and the Russian league supends him for ridiculous 3 game penalty. Coincidence?

Or the other way: another Finnish player who plays provocation game gets beat down by a Russian, and Finns are all around Internet crying, cursing Artyukhin and saying some "propaganda" nonsense. You are obviously not very well familiar with situation in Russia if you think that anyone in Russia is braiwashed by propaganda and cheers just because a foreign player gets injured. However, whenever somewhere Russians and Finns confront, we hear some **** from Finns all the time. I guess they are brainwashed too!

That was not a fight but an assault from behind. I can't recall ever seeing anything like this. Worth 10 games at least with his history.
Here to help -

In the long end, I hope no one now thinks that Jalasvaara suffered some terrible injury or was a nice lamb. The "I've never seen anything like that!" was also just disproved.
All evidence now is "I hate Artyukhin" and "Assault from behind". Assault from behind, OK, that's why he did get suspended.

Sound about right.

Theokritos

Global Moderator
Apr 6, 2010
another Finnish player who plays provocation game gets beat down by a Russian, and Finns are all around Internet crying, cursing Artyukhin and saying some "propaganda" nonsense.

You're aware that there are also Russians, Czechs, Slovaks, Croats cursing Artyukhin around here? So the homerism card doesn't work in this case.

kajoo

Jan 17, 2003
Slovakia
Visit site
You're aware that there are also Russians, Czechs, Slovaks, Croats cursing Artyukhin around here? So the homerism card doesn't work in this case.

I wasnt cursing anyone, just believe his actions should warrant him severe punishment, at least 5-7 games min. Assault from behind is no fight.

Anyway, let´s be fair. What Artyukhin did during World Championships or in NHL is totally irrelevant for KHL.

His KHL´s list of suspensations (feel free to up-date If I forgot something)

2010/2011
none

2011/12 season
knee-on-knee hit on Denis Bodrov (Spartak Moscow) - 3 (2+1) games, out of which 2 were for k neeing and 1 for being repeated offender

2012/13 season
headshot on Niklas Persson (Neftekhimik Nizhnekamsk) - 3 (2+1) games, out of which 2 were for headshot and 1 for being repeated offender
assault on Janne Jalasvaara (Dynamo Moscow) - 3 (2+1) games, out of which 2 were for assault and 1 for being repeated offender

Last edited:

hirawl

Used Register
Dec 27, 2010
The guy is an obvious mental case. We've seen enough to say there is absolutely no room for him in hockey. Ban him for life. The sooner the better cause it's only going to end up real bad for someone.

agent082

Feb 11, 2012
I read Artyukhin injured himself on that Jalasvaara's tackle. Does anyone know how long he will be out?

vsk92

Alltid IFK
Mar 31, 2011
Scotland.
assault on Janne Jalasvaara (Dynamo Moscow) - 3 (2+1) games, out of which 2 were for assault and 1 for being repeated offender

And that's what is wrong if he wasn't a repeat offender it would be 2 game suspension for an assault is a joke :shakehead

The KHL are inconsistent, the gave Yablonski and Mirasty bigger suspensions for similar kind of actions last year.

Last edited:

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
And that's what is wrong if he wasn't a repeat offender it would be 2 game suspension for an assault is a joke :shakehead

The KHL are inconsistent, the gave Yablonski and Mirasty bigger suspensions for similar kind of actions last year.

Yablonski and Mirasty didnt play on Medvedev`s team...

VladNYC*

Guys before I fall into the whole Russians vs Finns and KHL vs anti-KHL fun fest you guys seems to love to get into, I would just like to ask what kind of precedent this kind of incident has in the KHL. Can some one tell me what kind of suspensions similar incidents in the KHL have gotten and who those people were? I would just like to have a discussion before we get into the whole "your country oppressed us for 1000 years! and "You guys are Nazi's and deserved it!" that we get into in every emotional thread.

Before we get into a real analyses I would just like to say that I have mixed emotions about Artukhin. On the one side, what he did was unacceptable. That is not a hockey play and he is known for not giving a **** about "The Code". On the other hand, if I was building a team in the KHL this guy would definitely be on my team. A huge, tough guy who can skate and score. He is an anomaly and fills up the role of two players. That said, my gut reaction was that he should have been done for the season.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Guys before I fall into the whole Russians vs Finns and KHL vs anti-KHL fun fest you guys seems to love to get into, I would just like to ask what kind of precedent this kind of incident has in the KHL. Can some one tell me what kind of suspensions similar incidents in the KHL have gotten and who those people were? I would just like to have a discussion before we get into the whole "your country oppressed us for 1000 years! and "You guys are Nazi's and deserved it!" that we get into in every emotional thread.

Before we get into a real analyses I would just like to say that I have mixed emotions about Artukhin. On the one side, what he did was unacceptable. That is not a hockey play and he is known for not giving a **** about "The Code". On the other hand, if I was building a team in the KHL this guy would definitely be on my team. A huge, tough guy who can skate and score. He is an anomaly and fills up the role of two players. That said, my gut reaction was that he should have been done for the season.

It's more to do with Artujhkin's reputation, past actions and the lack of proper disciplinary than anything nationalistic. Like I've said, we Finns have seen a similar incident already this season here and saw proper punishments handed out. Just because it hasn't happened in KHL before, is no excuse to not set a precedent.

Last edited:

kajoo

Jan 17, 2003
Slovakia
Visit site
agreed that KHL should set precedens and punish Artyukhin harder, especially when it´s already his 2nd suspension this season.

Artyukhin had respectfull 11/12 season, with 23pts (16+7) in 47 games, this season his productivity dropped to shambolic 2pts (1+1) in 29 games, and his average ice-time dropped as well from 16:11 to 12:16.

First time in his hockey life he probably felt as a true hockey player and then comes this season´s return to reality. Not gonna apologise him but understand why he can be frustrated as hell. He does himself no favour as his own actions are biting him to the ass. Suspensions, less TOI, zero productivity, turning into complete waste of a roster spot for SKA.

We can only speculate if it has something to do with him loosing his brother Sergei due to heart attack 4 months ago. He´s 29 only, far from being finished, I´m sure he can bounce back but imo needs rest from hockey for his own good as his frustration is getting the best of him.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad