3 games for Artyukhin - enough, or not enough ?

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
clearly SKA is Medvedev's club, that's why 3 games is tops they would have given him, 'nough said. We can't be talking about any fairness here.

ficohok*

Too little. This is lesser version of Bertuzzi-Moore incident.

ebis

Dec 10, 2012
Czech Republic
Any sane person will say not enough. I know how bad this will sound, but if KHL or IIHF don't do something about this, I really hope some tough guy "suspends" him with a season-ending hit. Hell, career-ending, this guy is simply dangerous and obviously has some mental issues.

Disgusting... :shakehead

Oh, and Jalasvaara should sue his ass.

agent082

Feb 11, 2012
Hard to say. There is possibility it was an accident. Artyukhin said he didn't try to hurt Jalasvaara. Maybe KHL thought also that he wasn't intentionally hitting Jalasvaara and then 3 games is fine by wreckless play.

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
Any sane person will say not enough. I know how bad this will sound, but if KHL or IIHF don't do something about this, I really hope some tough guy "suspends" him with a season-ending hit. Hell, career-ending, this guy is simply dangerous and obviously has some mental issues.

Disgusting... :shakehead

Oh, and Jalasvaara should sue his ass.

Raitis Ivanans once tried fighting atyukhin,appearently,when he has to face a real tough guy all of the sudden he doesnt want to fight.

kajoo

Jan 17, 2003
Slovakia
Visit site
Hard to say. There is possibility it was an accident. Artyukhin said he didn't try to hurt Jalasvaara. Maybe KHL thought also that he wasn't intentionally hitting Jalasvaara and then 3 games is fine by wrecless play.

Actually, what is a chance that 198cm/120kg big man like Artyukhin doesnt hurt the other guy thats in position like Jalasvaara ? Very little IMO, some of the punches that landed on Jalasvaara´s face were devastating.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Should be more, but let's face it, Jalasvaara isn't injured and this would be about right. Still, I find those "give him the rest of the season + more" posts to be a bit over the top.

Something around 5-10 games would be allright. 5 games if nothing happens, 10 now 'cause Jalasvaara was injured.

agent082

Feb 11, 2012
Actually, what is a chance that 2m/120kg big man like Artyukhin doesnt hurt the other guy thats in position like Jalasvaara ? Very little IMO, some of the punches were devastating.

That true and that's why big and strong players have to be very extra careful if they grab behind and hit other player in the head while not trying to hurt him.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
How many games did Chara miss after Pacioretty´s hit?

Unfortunatelly I only found this statement.
Pacioretty told TSN he was "upset and disgusted" that the league had not suspended Chara.

Do I blame NHL for that? No.

EDIT:
According to this, he played for Bruins after two days, seems next game. How is it possible? I would ban him for rest of his life. Why did not NHL do that?

Last edited:

kajoo

Jan 17, 2003
Slovakia
Visit site
That true and that's why big and strong players have to be very extra careful if they grab behind and hit other player in the head while not trying to hurt him.

agreed.

I dont buy this "I didnt want hurt" excuse. Not going to say he hurt him intentionally, but he definitely didnt care if Jalasvaara ends up being hurt or not, judging by intensity of his attack. If Artyukhin didnt really wanted to hurt him, he would at least give Jalasvaara chance to defend himself, or run away, whatever.

kajoo

Jan 17, 2003
Slovakia
Visit site

vorky, Chara vs Pacioretty was imo unlucky accident (although Habs fans might disagree), with Chara having no previous history with injuring other guys.

Situation above is nowehere near of Artyukhin vs Jalasvaara incident - Big guy assaulting smaller guy from behind. More similar to Bertuzzi vs Moore, as CroHabitant pointed out.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
kajoo
Dont buy your argument. Just ask Pacioretty how did he feel after the hit

ebis

Dec 10, 2012
Czech Republic

How can you compare these two? One is a regular check (ok, maybe interference) that turned tragic only because of bad board design (and we will never see into Chara's head to know if it was intentional).

The other one is player dropping gloves, jumping another player from behind, beating him on the ground while he's defenseless and finally sticking a finger into his eye (possibly permanently damaging it). It had nothing to do with hockey, it was a regular assault.

Not to mention that Chara had no history, Artyukhin is a known idiot who had injured many players before.

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
maybe he refused bcoz hes not that useless for the team?

Were not discussing usefulness as a player,but if you feel strong enough to beat smaller,weaker players you should also fight someone of your own calibre, atleast mirasty and yablonsky drop the gloves when invited to do so.

tigermask48

Maniacal Laugh
Mar 10, 2004
R'Lyeh, Antarctica
What do you mean? Did you not watch the game against Ska where we won 4:3? Ivanans clearly offered arty to drop the gloves.

Plus there's the fact that R-2 used to pull the same taking cheapshots at skilled players and then running from players his size junk in the NHL... He his excuses haven't even changed now that I think about it.

perklunt

qwerty
Sep 23, 2009
Were not discussing usefulness as a player,but if you feel strong enough to beat smaller,weaker players you should also fight someone of your own calibre, atleast mirasty and yablonsky drop the gloves when invited to do so.

but Ivanans refused to fight Mirasty for 2nd time, so whats your point?

perklunt

qwerty
Sep 23, 2009
Barys-Riga game, they had a fight, then coming out from penalty box Mirasty offered for round two and Raitis refused to fight.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad