3 games for Artyukhin - enough, or not enough ?

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
Maybe Ivanans not wanting to fight has something to do with his almost carear ending head injury... You can tell he has been very conservative this season, even in the fight he did have, a very conservative fight. There is no surprise he left NHL, he just can't take those hits to the head anymore. He is in Riga basically for fanfare, which makes him kind of useless really.

But I hope Arty gets punished by Gillies or Mirasty. BTW is Yablonski retired - turned trainor for Vityaz? He was the craziest nut of them all.

He has had more than a one fight

Finnpin

"internet"
Oct 10, 2005
Helsinki
3 person voted "about right" :facepalm: :help:

I hope Jalasvaara sues R2's ass who is a ***** coward...always beating up on non fighters... has he ever pulled something like this to true enforcers/tough guys? no because R2 is a *****.

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
3 person voted "about right" :facepalm: :help:

I hope Jalasvaara sues R2's ass who is a ***** coward...always beating up on non fighters... has he ever pulled something like this to true enforcers/tough guys? no because R2 is a *****.

Ever heard about those Chara, Brennan, Gratton, Orr guys?

It is about right. He was suspended for fighting, exactly according to the rules, and no one on Dynamo is talking stupid things about "eye gauging", throw this garbage away from your head. Petruzalek (sp) even said that the hit from Jalasvaara would be a penalty against a smaller player.

I'm amazed when the Finns say that rat-style forward just play their role and then cry after them getting wrecked. Well it's the part of the agitators' role too, deal with it.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012

[...]

What do they have to do with this? The only guy everyone has heard about in this context is Todd Bertuzzi.

Neither Jalasvaara has something to do with pests (or rat-style forwards as you called them) nor it was fighting.

kajoo

Jan 17, 2003
Slovakia
Visit site

not even remotely similar to Artyukhin vs Jalasvaara situation

It is about right. He was suspended for fighting, exactly according to the rules

it wasnt fight but assault from behind, so the situation and suspensation was judged incorrectly.

Hockey fight usually starts with mutual consent. Everyone should get a chance to decline a fight (due to injurty f.e.) Fight is supposed to be fair.

Petruzalek (sp) even said that the hit from Jalasvaara would be a penalty against a smaller player.

Jalasvaara used force he needed to get off the puck player of Artyukhin´s size. Not excessive force, not too little. There was nothing wrong in what Jalasvaara did, at least nothing that should warrant that sort of retaliation.

Acallabeth

Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
What do they have to do with this? The only guy everyone has heard about in this context is Todd Bertuzzi.

Neither Jalasvaara has something to do with pests (or rat-style forwards as you called them) nor it was fighting.

Read the 2nd line of the post I quoted.
But as you ask...

Downie makes Chara angry - just like Jalasvaara to Arty:

Look who gets umped by Orr after delivering a clean hit:

Or an example with Ryan Malone:

Which of these was >3 games?

Jalasvaara isn't a pest? I'd rather believe my eyes and players who say the opposite.

Hockey fight usually starts with mutual consent. Everyone should get a chance to decline a fight (due to injurty f.e.) Fight is supposed to be fair.
I don't argue against it. And if a player doesn't want to fight but starts to get pounded - what should happen? Right, teammates and linesmen coming to rescue. Watch all the NHL vids I posted. Linesman or Dynamo player jumps Arty and drops him -> Jalasvaara has his eye fine and Finns around the Internet don't howl.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
There is a proverb in our country: "Kto chce psa biť, palicu si nájde" which can be translated as if you want to hurt anybody, you wil always find a reason/way how to do it. Even, there is no real reason for it.

Many posters showed this way of behaviour. Artyukhin fight is a reason to bash KHL. Why? Everybody has own motive (dont like Russia, dont like KHL because is luring best guys from euro leagues, dont like Artyukhin etc etc).

This fight was not unique, it happens in NHL on regular basis. So why such reactions?

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Read the 2nd line of the post I quoted.
But as you ask...

Which of these was >3 games?

Jalasvaara isn't a pest? I'd rather believe my eyes and players who say the opposite.

In which one these was there a lying man pounded to the back of his head by a player twice as big? Downey knew exactly what he was doing, Artyukhin knew what role he is playing and Malone.. Well yeah, that was kinda similar but aftermath was slightly different, wasn't it?

Komarov is a pest, Jalasvaara.. Not sure about that. And even if he is, that was a bit too much. I mean even in the NHL nobody, with few very rare exceptions, keeps beating after such a severe damage.

You can always find the excuses, explanations and so on and in most cases I don't see the problem with fighting or even retaliation (like what Rupp did last year to Kopecky or even McCarthy back in the day to Lemieux) but this was too much, totally unwarranted, reckless and simply stupid.

Last edited:

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Many posters showed this way of behaviour. Artyukhin fight is a reason to bash KHL. Why? Everybody has own motive (dont like Russia, dont like KHL because is luring best guys from euro leagues, dont like Artyukhin etc etc).

This fight was not unique, it happens in NHL on regular basis. So why such reactions?

Happens on regular basis? Are you kidding me?

I had no reason to bash it whatsoever. I like KHL, I don't mind Russia and I'm happy it lures the best guys from Euro leagues but sure thing I think Artyukhin is a disgrace to hockey after such antics.

Last edited:

Acallabeth

Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
In which was on these was there a lying man pounded to the back of his head by a player twice as big? Downey knew exactly what he was doing, Artyukhin knew what role he is playing and Malone.. Well yeah, that was kinda similar but aftermath was slightly different, wasn't it?

Komarov is a pest, Jalasvaara.. Not sure about that. And even if he is, that was a bit too much. I mean even in the NHL nobody, with few very rare exceptions, keeps beating after such a severe damage.

You can always find the excuses, explanations and so on and in most cases I don't see the problem with fighting or even retaliation (like what Rupp did last year to Kopecky or even McCarthy back in the day to Lemieux) but this was too much, totally unwarranted, reckless and simply stupid.

I've already answered to this in the last part of my previous post.

Babula

May 31, 2012
Happens on regular basis? Are you kidding me?

I had no reason whatsoever to bash it whatsoever. I like KHL, I don't mind Russia and I'm happy it lures the best guys from Euro leagues but sure thing I think Artyukhin is a disgrace to hockey after such antics.

Agree.

Acallabeth : Chara angry is not comparable with Artyukhin goes mad.

Vorky : I'm not going bash KHL, only Artyukhin. Your proverb is excellent for him also.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
What's the difference?

Downie knew exactly what he was doing, he could've just skated away and nothing would've happened. But he wanted to put Chara in the box and succeeded. Furthermore, you can tell Chara, unlike Artyukhin, doesn't want to kill that poor little thing because if he wanted Downie wouldn't have escaped so easily.

Nothing in these videos is truly a precedent to Artyukhin's actions although you beg to differ.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Just saw the White vs Fleischmann incident/sucker punch, kind of the same thing, the differences are:

1) Fleischmann clearly hit Gorges from behind in a manner close to 5 minute major.
2) Ryan White is 1,83 m.
3) He threw one punch, Fleischmann turtled and that was it, no more blows thrown
______

4) Fleischmann's teammates jumped on White unlike Dinamo's *******

______

5) White is being bashed for this league-wide, including his own (Montreal's) fans. That's well documented in these boards.

Acallabeth

Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
Downie knew exactly what he was doing, he could've just skated away and nothing would've happened. But he wanted to put Chara in the box and succeeded. Furthermore, you can tell Chara, unlike Artyukhin, doesn't want to kill that poor little thing because if he wanted Downie wouldn't have escaped so easily.

Yeah tell me Jalasvaara hit Artyukhin from behind (with a hit that his own teammate considered questionnable) and never waited retaliation. It's Artyukhin, everyone is aware of his reputation in the KHL. He even confronted Datsyuk after Pavel hit him hard.
Artyukhin didn't want to kill him as well. He just punched him.

Artyukhin had no reason for destroying Jalasvaara.
Just because you don't see it in the video doesn't mean it never happened. Remember, Jalasvaara is a ratstyler.

Your evidence is demolished, you are embarrassed and run away in tears :sarcasm:

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Yeah tell me Jalasvaara hit Artyukhin from behind (with a hit that his own teammate considered questionnable) and never waited retaliation. It's Artyukhin, everyone is aware of his reputation in the KHL. He even confronted Datsyuk after Pavel hit him hard.
Artyukhin didn't want to kill him as well. He just punched him.

The problem is not that Artyukhin retaliated but how he did that. Yeah. He just punched him. Many times. While he was lying. Bleeding. That's ok, I guess :sarcasm:

Prins Filip

Jun 3, 2010
Filippines
Its incredible how a few russians brainwashed by patriotic propaganda compare the situation with some less serious situations, and really think that the situations are comparable. R2 is a psycho and shouldnt ever play hockey, if he treats other players like that (The same i think of Bertuzzi). The penalty should be 30, not 3. But again, money talks and corruption goes on - not the best way to brand yourself as the competitor of NHL.

Babula

May 31, 2012
The penalty should be 30, not 3. But again, money talks and corruption goes on - not the best way to brand yourself as the competitor of NHL.

Funny, that you're talking about patriotic propaganda as brainwasher and have did the same thing :pout:

kajoo

Jan 17, 2003
Slovakia
Visit site
Have your say, draw comparisons, search similar/identical situiations, vote in the poll, defend Artyukhin like his blind mother wouldnt do, or bash him if you believe he deserves it, but PLEASE dont turn this thread into Russia vs Finland, KHL vs NHL, Slavic vs non-Slavic or blondes against darks.

Is 3 games enough or not enough ? Thats the question :naughty:

Acallabeth

Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
Its incredible how a few russians brainwashed by patriotic propaganda compare the situation with some less serious situations, and really think that the situations are comparable. R2 is a psycho and shouldnt ever play hockey, if he treats other players like that (The same i think of Bertuzzi). The penalty should be 30, not 3. But again, money talks and corruption goes on - not the best way to brand yourself as the competitor of NHL.

You're not a very smart person if you think that there's some sort of propaganda regarding Artyukhin :) He isn't well liked by most Russians too. I just don't like this blind hate Finns and Czechs have for him after being pwned and them posting some ridiculous stuff with no connection to reality.

Yeah. He just punched him. Many times. While he was lying. Bleeding. That's ok, I guess
And I have stated my opinion on that regard already. If my friend is hammered by some mauler, I won't bondarev around and call for mom.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad