Post-Game Talk: #3: FLYERS 2 at Canucks 3 (2-1 SO), Saturday, Oct. 12, 2019

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I’m with you on this. G has had some glorious chances that he has missed. Its more the production now not the level of play.

Giroux is basically playing on an island right now because Jake still has indigestion from the summer pierogies and Hayes and G just aren't on the same wavelength. First time in a long time that Giroux has gone 3 games without connecting with a linemate for a great sequence.

flyersnorth

Oct 7, 2019
Thought the Flyers looked good overall. Even in the early part of the game when the Nucks had the territorial edge, the Flyers did a solid job of limiting high danger chances.

Best Flyer for me last night was Niskanen. He’s erasing quite a few mistakes.

Rubtsov is off to a really strong start and Bunnaman is fading. I wouldn’t be surprised to see a swap when they get back to Philly.

They got a well-deserved point last night. Let’s get 4 more in Alberta!

Reactions: Rebels57

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I've been fine with the idea of trading Jake for over a year. I'm also fine keeping him because he will come around, but if the right trade comes along, sayanora. Problem is, the right trade likely won't come around.
Well yeah, but you could say that about almost anyone.

I don't want him traded because what are the chances we receive a better player back? Especially one without his own warts? Basically zero. And we definitely shouldn't be trading quality for quantity at this point.

I just see no reality where we trade him and are better off because of it. I think people get too worked up when he makes mistakes and need to look at the big picture more often, because in that big picture he's an extremely helpful player who does a lot that we can't easily replace. I mean, the guy has 151 points over the past two seasons... I think we just need to take what he gives us and be happy with it.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Giroux is basically playing on an island right now because Jake still has indigestion from the summer pierogies and Hayes and G just aren't on the same wavelength. First time in a long time that Giroux has gone 3 games without connecting with a linemate for a great sequence.
Yeah, I'm really trying not to harp on it too much, but this team NEEDS these few specific lineup tweaks to really reach the next level. They're sooo close, but a few misplaced players (both within the lineup and organization) are keeping them from greatness.

Reactions: Rebels57

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Well yeah, but you could say that about almost anyone.

I don't want him traded because what are the chances we receive a better player back? Especially one without his own warts? Basically zero. And we definitely shouldn't be trading quality for quantity at this point.

I just see no reality where we trade him and are better off because of it. I think people get too worked up when he makes mistakes and need to look at the big picture more often, because in that big picture he's an extremely helpful player who does a lot that we can't easily replace. I mean, the guy has 151 points over the past two seasons... I think we just need to take what he gives us and be happy with it.

I don't disagree with any of this.

I hope when Nolan comes back, they are put together and it lights a fire under Jake.

Reactions: Striiker

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I don't disagree with any of this.

I hope when Nolan comes back, they are put together and it lights a fire under Jake.
Giroux-Couturier-TK
Lindblom-Hayes-Farabee
JVR-Patrick-Voracek

giphy.gif

Angry Hockey Dad

Eat up Johnny
May 30, 2013
Canada
:laugh: We’re already at the “trade Voracek” part of the season?

tenor.gif

That was quick.

It’s a silly, impatient, and shortsighted idea. Suck it up and deal with his flaws because he’s still a massive net positive and one of our best players.

Oh he makes mistakes? Cool, everyone does. He’s also one of the best scorers in franchise history.

Jake is going to be pissed when he reads these comments!

Bruckuss

FML & FCF
Apr 1, 2012
Not Toronto
First full game i've watched in a long time. Some bright spots for sure, exciting times
- I am liking the Hayes signing more and more. Little rusty, but playing a solid overall game and seems to be gelling with G
- Nisk had a good game, liking his addition as well
- Excited to get NP back soon hopefully, we should roll 3+ solid lines which will be epic
- Overall feels like a different team, that 3rd period surge and D pressure is a welcome change

Domino666

“20 years away”
Aug 18, 2011
From the period I did see, they looked like all the travel finally caught up to them, but 5 out of 6 points so far is more than you could ask for, when they settle in a bit more I’m sure we’ll see them with more jump, the best part to me is that AV is legit and obviously the players appreciate his system more because it’s made around the type of players on the roster like AV said when he got hired, I’m so much more optimistic than I was this time last year, getting past the first round should be the goal and anything further will be playing with house money

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018
Vancouver had 22 shots in 65 minutes. I don’t think that suggests we were lucky.
Just because the other team also played bad, doesnt mean anything. We did nothing the first 2 periods, and we were just lucky VAN did as well. So yes, we are lucky to get 1 point out of this one

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
So hey all. Was camping this weekend and didn’t see the game. Honestly am being lazy and don’t want to read every comment.

sooo. How did they look?

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
Is this the same reality where all the "big name" players were shipped out by Fletcher by February 2019?

Just asking if I am actually supposed to expect something or if its the same old ****
Something should have happened along time ago but now the new coach will feud with afew of the guys not putting it in and we'll have to wait for the off season to see more moves or the certain players pick it up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad