Post-Game Talk: #3 | Canucks at Flyers | October 17, 2023

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I like how Dead didn't use just the first 2 games of info fir everyone when discussing Frost getting benched. Tippett had worse stats thru 2 games. So by Torts logic, it should have been Tippett getting benched.

But we know Torts had an issue with Frost. Did last year playing him on 4th line, the disrespectful comment, the disrespectful benching last year, the contract talk in offseason that Torts maybe doesn't see him as a core piece, and now an early benching. It's obvious.

swami24

Jul 24, 2020
I thought Tippett looked rough. Is he the next one to be scratched?
A bunch of very drunk fans near the top of 217 decided to start chanting last nignt.. their main choice.... "Owen.....Tippet...." They switched to F.... the Penguins, and got shut down.

Henry Miller

Sep 5, 2020
A Frost trade for a similar aged and skilled Dman might not be the worst thing in the world. I don’t want it to come to that but I wouldn’t be upset

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I like how Dead didn't use just the first 2 games of info fir everyone when discussing Frost getting benched. Tippett had worse stats thru 2 games. So by Torts logic, it should have been Tippett getting benched.

But we know Torts had an issue with Frost. Did last year playing him on 4th line, the disrespectful comment, the disrespectful benching last year, the contract talk in offseason that Torts maybe doesn't see him as a core piece, and now an early benching. It's obvious.

It ensures when he's inevitably traded, his value will be shot. Tortorella is a f***ing disaster.

He's the only definite top-6 caliber young center we have, unless Michkov sticks at C. This is beyond insane. He needs to be fired.

Hextallent63

Oct 13, 2011
Your bit on Frost is a pile of shit. Tortorella is doing exactly what you've spent over a year insisting he wouldn't do. Have the courage to admit you have been wrong.
I know frost isnt really a youngster anymore but he is still trying to learn his game. Add into that his steps taken last year and his over all development path and its just stupid to scratch him after 2 games. its not even enough time to get yourself out of a little funk, which every player has and goes threw multiple times a year. its nt like he looked like horseshit or wasnt trying or half assing it.

Hextallent63

Oct 13, 2011
Couts and Cates line were the best, Brink is a good fit for Cates b/c he drives the line and Cates can CYA, which allows D-men to be more aggressive.

The 4th line is a fourth line, as the top three lines jell, I suspect their time will be slightly reduced.
hopefully though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad