GDT: 3/20/2013 - Wild @ Wingy - 6:30 PM CDT - NBCSN/TSN2

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Can we see Clark in for Prosser yet? Anyways, awesome game! Damn I really thought Heater was gonna get one tonight. Backs was solid!

Russo said Clark was signed because none of our right handed D feel comfortable on the left side... thus Clark will go in to play the left side, not the right side.

Billy Mays Here*

Would like to see Clark make his debut against San Jose if possible (especially since I'm going to the game). Bench Falk for a game.

Mumbler*

Anyone happy for the Gooch? You know I know I've been hard on him and Koivu but man they have really rebounded this year

Watching him play it was obvious this would come. He worked his ass off when NOT scoring goals. knee jerk... reaction called for his head. stupid.

Wildfan10*

I didn't like the effort we were giving for a good amount of the game but good teams find a way to win. Scoring almost seems effortless for this team now. We can get dominated in our own zone for 5 minutes straight and then skate down and shoot once and score. It's a nice new change.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I didn't like the effort we were giving for a good amount of the game but good teams find a way to win. Scoring almost seems effortless for this team now. We can get dominated in our own zone for 5 minutes straight and then skate down and shoot once and score. It's a nice new change.

Confidence does wonders for a team!

mnwild*

Jul 22, 2011
Nairobi, Kenya
if not posted yet pierre mcguire had a good post game interview w seto and also roenick / nhl nbc overtime had very positive things to say about the wild. cheers all wild fans!

national tv usually bashes/underrates the wild. was good to hear jeremy roenick bash our opponent for once..

RussosBurner

Jun 19, 2012
State of Hockey
What a game. This team is absolutely rolling. It's not just the wins it's the fact that they are playing so well... This is special for sure right now. Glad to see that that 20-8 start last year before injuries was not as much of a fluke as everyone thought.

Sharppi

4 more years of Dub.
Jul 15, 2011
Finland
Bah. I got wasted last night and fell asleep one minute before the puck drop. Now got a headache and sore neck. Good that everything worked out anyway.

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012
I would fire him anyways just to be safe.

That would probably be for the best, just to be on the safe side. We should also trade Koivu to be even safer. I mean, what could possibly go wrong if you made these moves?

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Can we see Clark in for Prosser yet? Anyways, awesome game! Damn I really thought Heater was gonna get one tonight. Backs was solid!

This. bench processor or falk it. Hopefully Gilbert is back soon. Would like to see an actual 2nd pairing so we have something competent besides our awesome first pair of Suter and Brodin.

Sharppi

4 more years of Dub.
Jul 15, 2011
Finland
That would probably be for the best, just to be on the safe side. We should also trade Koivu to be even safer. I mean, what could possibly go wrong if you made these moves?

At least strip him of his C. Also trade Granlund, he's a bust. Already in AHL.

Jarick

Doing Nothing
Wild were doing a lot of good things in the first period. They were getting the puck deep, not just by dumping and chasing, but possessing it. They were knocking the Wings off the puck and retrieving the puck. They had legs. Something that wasn't there early in the year.

I didn't see a lot of over-passing on the PP last night, maybe first time all year. Good stuff. Although I was about to complain about Brodziak right before he scored. Same thing with Butch last night, just about to complain and then he assists on a goal :laugh:

Last night didn't change my mind at all about Coyle. He's not ready. Not just nearly getting killed on that Kronwall hit, but several turnovers and very little offense. Sure he had an assist last night...as a pass from Parise brushed his stick on the way to Koivu. Just like he had a goal by getting hit with a puck the game before. That's not the offense you want from the top line.

Anyways, love the Brodin-Suter pairing. Not enough superlatives. Even the NBC guys were raving about them all game and dropped a couple Lidstrom comparisons. Those guys have so much confidence they just shut down the play. Having two guys who can take the puck and move it up ice is amazing. Now, when the big dogs for Detroit started pushing, they obviously had some difficulty, so it's not like they're perfect, but it's as good a defensive pair as you could ask for.

And the second line just looks great. Butch looked more involved and aggressive last night, using his feet and catching defensemen off guard. Not just to beat out the puck and get a shot on goal, but twice I saw him push the D's gap back and then stop up, wait for teammates, and set up in the offensive zone.

Biggest complaint was the penalties by Konopka, Mitchell, and Prosser. You can't have your depth guys taking stupid penalties. They need to be there to play hard and smart while the big timers get a rest, not causing trouble for your team.

Was also pleased that, while we didn't have any Pitbull Bud Light commercials, we did get to see Pitbull dancing in another commercial.

MK9

Feb 28, 2008
Andover, MN
So...does this mean we aren't going to fire Yeo?:sarcasm:

Yeah. Wait for 1 bad game and half the fanbase will get right back on that wagon. :laugh:

[EDIT]: Had to run to the grocery store so I listened to the radio call for a few minutes. They mentioned Burns is playing forward in SJ. I know that was his natural position when we drafted him, but wonder what happened there. They hit by the injury bug and have to move him up? Or is he playing so poorly on D? Anyone hear anything about this?

Haite

x
Jun 27, 2011
It was fun watching a Detroit game and have the announcers constantly mention an ex-Red Wing because of a Wild player.

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
Yeah. Wait for 1 bad game and half the fanbase will get right back on that wagon. :laugh:

[EDIT]: Had to run to the grocery store so I listened to the radio call for a few minutes. They mentioned Burns is playing forward in SJ. I know that was his natural position when we drafted him, but wonder what happened there. They hit by the injury bug and have to move him up? Or is he playing so poorly on D? Anyone hear anything about this?

I think it's injuries, yeah. That and they are trying to get more of an offensive spark going because the high goal scoring they had in the first few games to start the season has kind of disappeared.

San Jose fans, even when they're mad at their team and hate life, still really like us so I'm sure if you head over there and ask they'll answer without flaming you or whatever.

Sharppi

4 more years of Dub.
Jul 15, 2011
Finland
I think it's injuries, yeah. That and they are trying to get more of an offensive spark going because the high goal scoring they had in the first few games to start the season has kind of disappeared.

San Jose fans, even when they're mad at their team and hate life, still really like us so I'm sure if you head over there and ask they'll answer without flaming you or whatever.

Lets boost their morale.

San Jose fans are awesome and their team is good.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad